125 reliable Race engine.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCW660

Reaction score
Hi Guys I am wondering what your thoughts are for a 125 race engine, we want reliability and torque and hp , the moment the gearbox in my daughters current quad , smashed the selecter gear between 2nd and 3rd gear , she is racing Motor cross on her quad,
the engine is a yx 150 bottom end running a 125 kit purchased from the states a few years back. its a great powerful engine, but the gear box is weak and quality in the engine manufacturing is not there. we have rebuilt this one, but are now looking for a reliable race package.
any help would be great.

i would look at the GPX125 , they are a very good engine

EN-04-1.jpg

we have one in my daughters dirt track quad , I agree an awesome powerful engine, but do they have much horsepower and Torque?

hey thats nice to know, her current Dirt track quad is faster than a pretty well worked raptor 125 , with cam and head work done, the reason they went to the yx 150 was they wanted an engine with a starter motor as the previous owners son couldnt kick start the engine. So what are your thought on the bulid of the gpx engine from DHZ?

gpx 125 ftw..
Tbh i would go a 155z over it anyday. For torque. there all very similar gearboxes throughout.
Stock they last well and repairing them is cheap as chips, just get another motor if you are worried so you can swap over in less than a hour.

Not to sure how it would fare im a quad, they are not a very torquey engine, they do have a hell load of power up top though. really have to thrash it to get the most from it. In saying that, they definately keep up with the 150s etc. I actaully think the 160 in my sons bike doesnt go as hard as it did with the gpx 125. Definately more torqkue, but the 160 cant match the top end of the gpx.

155z FTW bud, whack a flat slide carb on and decent ignition and you've got yourself an awesome little torque monster! :thumbup:

the trouble is she is In the 125 comp class (modified) other wise the 155z for sure
GCMX_MAY14_00930.1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back