125cc bogging down

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried what thump said today and the jets were different, the Heng Shen (JK copy) the jets were thicker than the mikuni and also it was bigger...

But i put the mixture screw the way you said and its spitting a fair bit...
and bogs when you give it half thottle on idle (this is in nutral)

lol wow uve really messed up your setting havent u

should of just left it as it was and then u wouldnt have had to worry about it

It was crap when you rode it? it bogged down then to? i couldnt even go in a straight line without it completly crapping itself...

lol what?:eek:

are you kidding didn't bog down for me at all

you just need to learn how to use your throttle properly

there was nothing wrong with it

omg you thick sh!t. lol you were right behind me when i went around that corner and it totally shat itself in 3rd year as soon as i came off the clutch....and if didnt bog for you because you slowly eased on the throtle, i should be able to give it a lot more without it boging down, other people have the same carb with the same engine and it doesnt bog down at all? so obviously their is something wrong with jets or something...the pilot yet on the mikuni is smaller then the one i was running before it...

lol
u could snap on the other carb coz it was smaller

it bogs down for u because u go wide open throttle in a split second wen the engine is idling

your not supposed to snap throttle on all the way to wide open throttle on any bike that is running revs low because it bogs

every bike Ive ridden has done this
klx400
ttr250
crf150f
ttr125
ttr90
xr80
atomik prox
lei 110

can someone please confirm my point that of course its going to bog down when you open to full throttle when your running in low rpms

different carbys require different jetting

you idiot i was full boor reving through 1st gear 2nd gear on full throttle then did it in 3rd? my revs were high...and no sh!t diff carb needs diff jetting...aand your lei 110 didnt bog at all with the same carby so no sh!t its not set up right

and the XR80 didnt do it and either did the crf150f? wtf are you on about? non of them bogged down when you go though the gears at high revs? and i cant even pop a mono cause it just bogs it shouldnt be that bad never been on a bike with it like this

Last edited:
mate trust me u rode them for 2 minutes ive ridden them alot more

yes they do bog down when they are in LOW!!!!! revs and you go full throttle

not in high rpm that's what full throttle is for

yours does not bog down in high revs at all yours bogs down because you think you can snap full throttle on when you are in low revs. wrong

you cant pop a mono on your bike then how come i can?? no worries

you old carby only let so much air fuel in at w.o.t
your new carby has more flow and at w.o.t let in more fuel air
your engine cant breath properly at full throttle when going slow because it gets too much air and the vacuum effect is thrown out the window so not enough fuel is being sucked in, hence why u think its bogging down

it opens up more that's y u can go full when not in revs

It doesnt just bog at low? you were right behind me when i was full throttle and though 1st and 2nd and then in 3rd and it bogged down i would have been pretty damn high in the revs? you even said it was weird that day...

And it did do a mono when you did it because it was running so rich, the mixture screw was all most the whole way out... i have leaned it out to what other people are running and its bogging even more so no sh!t like i have been saying the whole time it could be running a whole lot better than what it is, it just needs to be set up right...

The JK had a bigger pilot jet so its probably that not getting enough fuel...

Last edited:
so why did u lean the mixture screw out iff it runs worse and it didnt bog in high revs?
forget what jetting is on your old carby because it requires a whole different setup just dont even think about comparing the two carbs in jet sizes

it doesnt work

iff you think it bogs in high revs then get a bigger main jet but if it screws up everything else other that w.o.t then thats the price you pay

btw pilot jet is only for idle it has nothing at all to do with what your complaining about
so dont think its the pilot jet thats doing it , bigger or smaller it has nothing to do with your carby at all
it requires different size jets to perform the same

For starters Pilot jet isnt just for idle, it goes up to half revs, and the jetting is wrong because if your jetting is right the needle setting should be on the middle 3 groves, mine is on bottom meaning it needs a bigger jet. and I have ridden it more than you before i ever changed the setting and played with em it did bog at high rpm and middle the whole range, (not just pulling it onto full throttle like you keep refering to) and i leaned it out because i wanted to see how it would run with it leaner i just havnt got around to pulling off the whole carb to change it again...

and if your saying that the carb is running as good as it possibly can, and saying it was tuned perfect when you rode it you have no idea...and ill bet you $200 that ill get it running better...

so then stop asking questions iff you already know the answers lol
i said get a bigger jet????????

when i rod it i never noticed it bog down in high rpms i only ever saw it bog when you rode it?

yes up to half but it doesn't bog up to half only half to w.o.t as far As i know because
thats what i remember when i rode it running on the richest needle setting

why do you want to run it leaner if that makes it worse iff its allready ****ting itself on second then leave it on the bottom untill you get a new jet no matter what you adjust you wont be able to run middle clip

when i rode it on bottom setting before you started playing with screws etc it never never never bogged down in first half of throttle only upwards from half

mabie now because u are trying the impossible of leaning it out but what do you expect
iff it needs a bigger jet why even try and run leaner if its already too lean??????
i dont get it

the magical carby fairy is going to zap it to life? no:)

No now you say get a bigger yet when i first told you, you said every single bike boggs down...and i asked people because i had no idea at the start...and i never said that im tuning it to be in the middle 3 settings im saying if it is jetted right it should be in the middle 3. and the reason why i tried the different mixtures was because other people were running with em fine so i just played with it...but it could still be the float and that stuffing up so before i buy jets for that carb ill try your mikuni on your pro x when you get your new yx150...

i said before if you think it bogs down in high rpm then get a bigger jet

i never felt it bog in high rpm only low

and my carb will be worse off because main is 85 your main ATM is 95

you want leaner

i dont think so

and every bike does bog down when u go w.o.t from low rpm

iff you think a the crf150 doesnt bog down think again

hes going from a jkpz22
to now a pz26 mikuni

so both 22mm slides but the pz 26 is a longer slide and opens up more

I still think it could be the float you bent it and fixed it, im not saying its completly stuffd but it could still not be 100%

it could be that, but then why do i have to run so damn rich on the pilot?

Latest posts

Back