125cc bogging down

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
describe the bogging effect its giving... is it hesitating, popping, sound like it has a rev limiter..
have you done a plug chop?

is it definately a mikuni?

the only way it wont bog down is if i put the mixture screw like the whole way out, and it blows a bit of smoke but any leaner and bogs :/

what makes u think the mixture is way too lean in the position that it used to be

When i rev it from idle hard, it hesitate and kinda pops and when im riding hard going through my gears it hesitates even at high rpm sometimes...

Could it be i have only done my intake valve clearance and not my exhaust? Yeah i kno stupid if you do one should do another but i dont have the tool qwerty was over at mine and had one and couldnt be botherd dumping oil and he said that it didnt need to be done...

u cant rev it from idle hard thats got nothing to do with jettings

your throttle is like 1/8 turn of course it will bog

hey i never said it doesnt need to be done i just couldnt be bothered

and its not clearences iff it doesnt do it with the jk carby

at the moment the needle clip is on the very bottom, it runs but it seems better on the 2nd bottom one but it bogs down more on the second bottom one if i dont pull the mixture screw out all the way. but if i go any higher it completley bogs, like in idle give it like literally 1-2cm of twist on the throttle and it will just hesitate and die completly...

Dude my throttle is the same as your lei...you could put that thing on full throttle straight away and just rev up no boging at all, and when i rode it 10 times better then on my engine atm...

dude when i rode it, up that hill bit out near the hyway i would give it full throttle from slow no bog at all would go flat out through the revs...and what jet should i bet getting then? and where from?

im just gonna simply say buy a new carby... this is too painful to keep up with.... you's 2 little love birds need to stop talking to each other...lol

Lol here's jets but what sizes should i get? read the page their is 3 different groups of jets you can get...
Group 1 has
Pilot: 12.5 15 17.5 Main: 92.5 95 97

Group 2 has
Pilot: 17.5 20 22.5 Main: 95 97.5 105

Group 3 has
Pilot: 20 22.5 25 Main: 95 97.5 105

Should go group 2 yeah?

hey sam I just had a look at my bro's 125 running the "26mm" fakuni... it's 15 / 95 runs fine no bogging, but your girlfriends right, WOT from low revs will cause bogging, bogging in high revs is bad jetting

wtf! i have exactly the same jetting! what engine is he running that carby on? and whats WOT mean? it bogs that bad from idle you cant pop up the front...

Wide Open Throttle, lifan 125 I think it has a different bore/stroke

FFS do your valve clearance properly or don't do them at all, What you mean you didn't do exhaust because couldn't be bothered dumping oil? you don't dump oil to do valve clearance you just DO them!

you girls need to to take this crap to msn or something I just read all that bull**** for nothing

with the mixture screw just turn it in all the way in then turn it out 1 1/2 turns, then make minor adjustments from there. you have to buy a manifold adaptor plate so you can tune it properly...... take seans advice throw that POS carby in the bin and get something decent

and there's no point ****ing with the carby if youy haven't set your valve clearance first

Last edited:
Ok mabey i shouldnt listen to anything that Jordan says anymore he said you have to...But i know its not the clearance dont worry because the jk ran like great...and then mikuni runs like crap i tried every setting ran best on bottom so its on that now...and i did what you said to the mixture screw its worse now...

Last edited:
If the float level is out , it'll put everything else out ...

i had to dump the oil to do the exhaust valve clearance on my old bike because as soon as the tappet cover comes off oil would piss out of it because of the angle of the bike

so i assumed it would do the same on his bike.

lol after all this time now he asks what W.O.T means
ahahahha

so if its running too lean
bend the float arm down?

You told me the float level was right and to leave it so i did. meh i dont care i can get a VM24 for 65 buks (genuine) so thats the plan buddy

Latest posts

Back