125cc power problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwerty123

Reaction score
ok so i have a atomik prox bigfoot 125cc (agb-29) i dont know what engine it is but i know that it is the same engine that is used in the 125cc reign

engine code 1p54fmi so most likely 54x54 bore stroke.

runs a alloy gongyu horizontal finned cylinder stamped 124cm3
the heads have small fins on the cam side and the cam sprocket is stamped sd with a 3 bolt setup

bottom end is a crank mounted clutch with electric start. 4 up gearing

ok so after a weekend of riding i noticed a huge lack of power when going up hills,
even when pinning in second gear had to shift to 1st. no fun :(

it lacks in torque really bad, acceleration is piss poor

it is a heavy bike but it still doesnt feel right

my carb is a mikuni copy jk pz26 so 22mm slide

had to switch the needle to the richest setting to get it running better and runs a 85 main jet. is that good bad ? what should a 125cc engine be running

throttle action is terrible only first quarter you can feel and after that no more acceleration

it just doesnt feel right can any one point me in the right direction for what i should change or get to give me sufficient torque.

nope but its pretty much brand new, just run in so wouldnt think its out

most of these chinese engines come with clearances that are far from right. Even after just a few rides from new i'd be checking them as they settle in a fair bit, alot more than expected!

ok well on the bike there was a sticker saying that both inlet and outlet 0.05 will this be ok or should i go a bit lower on the inlet?

its always the valves >>> i dunno i got a 125 lifan dropped it in my monkey , ran it in ,IE flogged it hard for 10 mins

changed the oil out , put over 4,000 ks on it and never touched it since , done i think 3 oil changes since
go hard lil lifan

hmm wish i could do it now but dont have a feeler gauge
will get one tomorrow

oh yeah and iff i put in a high compression piston in will the electric start still turn over?

i guess it would still work but for how long i wouldnt know, spose it depends if the motor has a factory decomp setup on the cam

nope but its pretty much brand new, just run in so wouldnt think its out

the most important time to check the valve clearances is when the engine is "just run in"
most common n00b mistake ever

you can use a peice of paper folded it half for feeler gauge if you dont,

peice of paper folded in half =0.004
rollys tally ho paper =0.001 ,

Latest posts

Back