140cc lifan Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
is there anybody who owns a 140cc stock lifan with a 26mm vm mikuni carbie?? if there is what size jets do you run ?? :D

yeah ive got the 140 with a 26mm mikuni ive tried the 100,102.5,and 105 main jet and find that for me the 102.5 is the best

and i use the stock piolet jet they seem to be the right size

Because its the real deal..not one of this clonecrap!!

Main has to be 190 and pilot 17.5;)

yep but we had it on a 124 superhead at sealevel and it ripped!!!...but I guess it would work fine with yours too!!

the Carb is pretty hard to tune,so...!! Good luck:cool:

Your engine is 16 cc larger and has a longer stroke so it will handle the 26 mm carb better than a 124 cc short stroke engine in an on the throttle , off the throttle situation .

The ONLY problem I can see is the tighter bend in the shorter manifold supplied with the carb . Bikes that have Lifan 140's in them as stock have a crap manifold that bends at almost a 90 degree right angle - and that causes a hesitation in throttle response .

We fitted the Lifan supplied taller 26 mm manifold to a 120 monster lifan with a "30 mm" carb and the hesitation disappeared . :)

sux

this forum has caused me more confusion than anything, according to you cactus you say a vm 26" mikuni carb is the best for thw 140cc lifan! but now i learn that it is a two stroke carb wich is a bitch to tune thats just freaking fantastic i wish people would just help people instead of getting satisfaction of just effing people around!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here is the link to back up what im saying..eBay Australia: PIT MONKEY BIKE XSPOTR THUMPSTAR MIKUNI VM 26 STACKS (item 150057707373, end time 09-Jul-07 08:08:21 AEST)

when ppl say 26mm carby they are refering to a vm22 carby which is a 22mm carby. all the bike shops are wrongly advertising them and they are best run with a 105 main jet and they are easy to tune. some shops sell a 30mm carby which is good and bad in some ways, im not actually sure what size it really is as it wont really be 30mm. its usualy(30mm) carby used on the lifan 140 engines, no idea on jets but wih the vm22 use 105 main.im running a 140 engine(not sure on brand is all black start any gear)with a vm22 and seems to go good better than my old engine so i'd stick with a vm22. i dont really like these 30mm carbs as they have a butterfly for the choke not an air bypass which doesnt work as good as it dont provide a fast idle which help warm the engine.hope this helps

no it dosnt help

please dont comment if your not sure what your on about mate...

this forum has caused me more confusion than anything, according to you cactus you say a vm 26" mikuni carb is the best for thw 140cc lifan! but now i learn that it is a two stroke carb wich is a bitch to tune thats just freaking fantastic i wish people would just help people instead of getting satisfaction of just effing people around!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here is the link to back up what im saying..eBay Australia: PIT MONKEY BIKE XSPOTR THUMPSTAR MIKUNI VM 26 STACKS (item 150057707373, end time 09-Jul-07 08:08:21 AEST)

What´s your Problem ,Dude??
You got not confused by this forum , you got it with ebay advertisement!!:p
They try to SELL stuff there...you know...its not about helping!!
Bottomline...the VM 26(original!!) is a good carb for a pitbike!...get it let it be jetted by somebody who got knowledge and you will have a lot of Fun

Cheers ANDY;)

two stroke

im just frustrated thats all because people give advice when they dont know what there on about and do more harm than good, i mean i do appriciate advice but a forum like this isnt going to achieve anything if people arnt being honest or comment when they know not what they speak off??

Wtf ??????

im just frustrated thats all because people give advice when they dont know what there on about and do more harm than good, i mean i do appriciate advice but a forum like this isnt going to achieve anything if people arnt being honest or comment when they know not what they speak off??

If the carb you bought doesn't have the mixture screw on the inlet side - then you got lumped with a 2 stroke carb .

From the sellers of the velocity stack : [ QUOTE ~ One last thing please no emails telling us that VM's are 4 stroke carbs too , if the air pilot control screw is at the back of any carburettor it's a TWO stroker! Tank you....]

According to THEM every ebay Mikuni and the stock carbs on all the bikes are 2 stroke carbs .

If you re-read over my posts I recommended that a 24 mm flat slide was the best for overall performance because the valve throat is only 23 mm - the valve heads are 27 inlet/ 23 exhaust but the throats are 4 mm smaller - I didn't post that info for no reason at all . In OZ you could only get either 24 , 28 , or 30 mm OKO's and according to the yanks the 28's aren't any good . But everyone else reckons the VM26 carbs are the best .

Aren't you lucky you never bought a 30 mm OKO because all the US sites say the VM 26 is easier to tune than even a 26 OKO . You bought your carb off an ebay seller who advertised it as suitable for a Honda CRF50 with a RACE head . The fact that he supplied it with a few jets tells you that they need to be messed around with . You should have read the listing and asked the seller what jets they take before you bought the carb .

You can't just buy a carb and expect it to work straight off the bat - you have to jet it to work on your engine first - then fine tune it to get the thing dialed in ! And that takes trial and error unless you know someone who has already done it on the exact same engine as you're putting it on .

Sudco - Mikuni Carburetors

Here's a few US links on carbs - nobody knows what jets to run so I'd try SUDCO USA since they say their VM Mikuni carbs work on 4 strokes :

24mm or 26mm for ported head? - Planet Minis Forum

Takegawa 106 Superhead VM26 Jetting - Planet Minis Forum

26 mm mikuni carbs - Planet Minis Forum

Is a 28mm carb too much for a 143SE w/o porting? - Planet Minis Forum

expert

try to imagine i havnt been playing with bikes my whole life?? so what inlet side do you mean cactus is it where the air filter goes??? or where the manifold side is???:confused: :confused: :confused: and another thing it dosnt effing matter wtf jets are in there because you have to eff with them anyway you always effing contradict yourself cactus!!!!!!!!! and one last thing he says this carb is for honda engines over100cc,s and head kits but it still dosnt take away the fact that its a vm mikuni and just because hes supplies more jets dosnt imply that this vm mikuni is harder to tune than other vm mikunis does it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eBay Motors: MIKUNI VM26 VM 26 CARB CRF50 CRF 50 STROKER BIG BORE XR (item 300090881699 end time Jul-10-07 19:40:12 PDT)

Last edited:
Cactus Jack is one of the more knoledgeable guys on this forum. I would take his and Macks advice as very sound in nearly all stuations. Both of them have stuffed around with these little chineese engines and tuned a variety of carbys on them.

lol... have had a look at some of the advice you have given to people, and buy your own admission not having clue what your are talking about.
Way to abuse people that are trying to help out.

dude u say what i said hasnt helped, u just dont understand wat i've writen. everyone here knows that 26mm carbs are really a vm22, and 30mm carbs are a vm26. as far as im aware people mainly use the vm22 carb with bigger main jet, but its possible to use the 30mm vm26 but ppl dont usually change the jets.im not tryin to say im an expert but u've just disregarded what i've ritten as rubish as u havnt exactly specified weather u have a a real vm26 or a vm22 jut labled as a 26mm carb.if i were u i'd just stick with the vm22 carb rejet it and should go nicely.btw mayb u should show a bit more respect as ppl spend time reading your questions an u reply with rude comments. good luck

Latest posts

Back