140cc lifan Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope

nope its 24mm hole in the rubber, plus the mounting holes are wider appart.. but the vm came with the right rubber plus my takegawa inlet manifold has the matching rubber to use with it so??;)
101-Takegawa_VM26_manifold_kit_CRF_.jpg

Last edited:
What's the quality of the parts like ? A friend of mine in the US bought a manual clutch kit for an 88 kit modded CRF50 from a US seller and it was complete junk !

JDMSCOOTERS (Vietnam) usually sells really good quality parts . :)

JDM sells decent stuff IMO, i got Complete clutch, gears etc etc, and his stuff definetly looks better quality than whats in the engine now, the clutch basket is better quality, and all the gears have smoother better cut teeth than the originals,

Kwikaz, JDM is just easy to deal with, thats why i use the vietnam guy lol, most overseas shops i found either wanted $200 min orders everytime, or there postage is killer, Dtrav wanted $85 in postage for the clutch/gears, the box from JDM weighed 6kg, came from Vietnam, and he charged me $19, i couldnt even post that same box to my brother 100km for that price!!

nope its 24mm hole in the rubber, plus the mounting holes are wider appart.. but the vm came with the right rubber plus my takegawa inlet manifold has the matching rubber to use with it so??;)
take_in_26.jpg

That looks to be a good straighter manifold - that's where the power is !

oh really

ohh really well at least i done somthing right lol, hey so this genuine vm 26mm mikuni isnt to big for my stock lifan 140cc then is it?? as i seen a response of yours on another thread saying that these 26mm vm mikuni genuine models are much larger air flow then the fake 30mm ones??

NO it's not too big mate ! When we say you've bought the BEST carb - that's mainly because you can easily buy any part for it for easier fine tuning due to the fact that it's a GENUINE Mikuni ! If they were too big you could bet ya' nuts that nobody would be using 'em ! Those ebay Mikuni "30"s are in fact 26 mm carbs - but they simply don't flow air as well as the genuine VM's .

kool

kool cactus thanks for the reassurance m8 i cant wait to fire this thing up, hey what do you think of the kitaco super coil and kitaco high performance cdi?? would these work well with my 140cc lifan??
p191-cdi-box-classic_lg.jpg

kitacosupercoil.jpg

Last edited:
140cc lifan

look at this A HOLE naming his thread exactly like mine what an arsehoolleee!!!!:mad:

Good Combo Of Parts

Yes , that coil (Kitaco Super coil) is reported to be the best to use with either the stock ignition OR an inner rotor kit ! The rev box will be good with the stock ignition and your Super coil but not with an IRK because the IRK's have special CDI boxes ! You've got all the best parts there dude !!!!!

Here's some info I found on 26 mm OKO's which should make you feel better that you bought the VM Mikuni ........LOL :)

Jetting for OKO 26mm? - Planet Minis Forum

hhmmmm

hhmmm thats really interesting, so yer i wasnt planning on getting an inner rotor kit for a while but if i do i will need to loose the kitaco cdi hey cactus?? thanks for your help by the way hey i just thought of somthn im building this engine all on your advise so i guess your building an engine with my money lmao.. ;)

cactus is the man

hey cactus i think you really pointed me inthe right direction as ive been looking around l8tly i have seen numerous monkey bikes fitted with the vm mikuni exactly the same as mine so yer i feel at ease now, i got my intake today should be fireing the bike up soon cant wait to deliver the verdict :confused: :confused: should i fit my kitaco coil and cdi straight away or start first with originals???

I would only change one thing at a time, then if somethig goes wrong you will know exactly where to look.

I would only change one thing at a time, then if somethig goes wrong you will know exactly where to look.

Good , sound advice .......... one thing at a time - that way if you encounter a problem - you won't go ripping your hair out wondering what the hell might be causing it and altering 3 different things only to create even more probs ..........:)

update

hey guys i am half way through wiring up my coil , cdi and motor ect ect, is this ok to mount my coil like this??? its all getting tucked under the tank fits nicely.. here are some pics..:D

100_0714.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0716.jpg

LOL, My god.. Kwikaz.. that thing is looking awesome, can you get it road registered? I don't even know what type of bike it is dude.. Is it z50 or what? :S

Looks fucking sexy but, I'd bang that exhaust pipe

Last edited:
thats the coil and cdi i want :) nice bike mate.

thanks

thanks boys, um do you think i will have a prob mounting the coil like this?? and benox what do you mean bang the exhuast m8??

he means he would like to have sex with it lol, i am no expert but it looks like thats were the tank bolts on so i dont reckon it will work but you have to try it first.

bolts

nah it dosnt get in the way of the tank, i measured everything and tested it, im mainly concernd about any probs with earth, ect ect the way the coil is mounted??

Latest posts

Back