150 Postie build, now on the road!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fifty1wheel

Reaction score
150 Postie build, seat back from the upholsterer

As mentioned in a tech thread i'll be putting a 150 lifan into a CT110P.
I have the new engine sitting at home and untill today was not the owner of a postie.
Just won an auction at pickles and pick up the '06' candidate on tuesday.
Hopefully all will be fairly straight forward and be done pretty quickly.

i have a question about sprockets though.the lifan has the 420 or 428 and the postie the big 528. would it be easier to source a suitable replacement for the engine or the rear?

Have aquired 150 Lifan, HD pegs, 28mm OKO (i love em!) just need the bits and tubing for the exhaust i'll be building

I dont want to hear the 'they don't bolt straight in' comments.
I'm going a different route for mounting than what i've seen and a method far superior to conversion kits on the market.
Just stay tuned and all will be revealed next week.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing pics as well.

Good old Posties are a hoot. Should have a bit of go with the lifan 150 in it as well.

I'm guessing you are stripping everything you can to lighten it up a bit (mainly excessive wiring)?

i would be changing out the rear sprocket to the 420 or 428, i imagine the 520 is gunna be to big and heavy for the lifan engine, may cause case wear or something like that.

looking forward to seeing pics

will have pics up once the build starts and the post is in my possesion. not too fussed about the weight, the aim is for an almost sleeper. utilising the standard crash bars (but modified to suit), standard exhaust crome trims over a purpose built pipe and muffler. The only thing apart from the LIFAN stamped on th engine to give it away will be the cooler and the note it will give.

true, cheers roost. without the payload the 520/528 whichever, would definately be overkill!

postie bikes run a 528?? heh heh, overkill much??

dunno how much you've done with the 28 OKO's, but #k39 pilot, #102 main and JJH needle on second clip from the bottom should be good for that nice cool victor harbor area weather. :D

is this postie being registered for that trek those other two nutbags from victor do every year through the Simpson desert? Or just for $hits and giggles?
looking forward to seeing the results..

520 or 525 but i may be missinformed.

all i use at the moment is 28mm oko's, they're my carb of choice at the moment.

I'd love to cross the simmo on one but family and work commitments just wouldn't allow it. Mainly built for the victor - seaford treck and a few giggles aswell.

Oh well, probably enough jibber jabber till the build starts.

Here we go, picked the CT110P up today from the yard.
Over the next few days i'll start shoehorning this...

IMAG0039.jpg

Into this....

IMAG0038.jpg

Have MOST of the parts required but only time will tell as what little bits i still need.
There's a fair bit of fabrication work to be done that will chew a bit of time but i believe once underway will be very straight forward (compared to what i'm used to anyway)

Damn mate that is one clean postiie bike. Should come up a treat. Can't wait to see it in action!!

pretty crap phone photos, will get better ones up once i make a start this arvo or tomorrow.

It is about as clean as an ex Aus Post comes. It does however have a crack in the main frame cover over the carby but with the OKO this will need to be modded anyway. I have not yet seen an ex Aus Post come without a crack in a plastic and wear on the cases.

had a spare hour so jumped out in the shed and ripped the 110 out of the Postie.

P9075089.jpg

Here's the 110 sitting next to the 150....

P9075085.jpg

stuck the 150 in to check exactly what needs to be done to make it fit. Just hanging by the top mount

P9075080.jpg

These show the difference in rear mount positions

P9075083.jpg

P9075082.jpg

Will hopefully get a day out there tomorrow or friday to make a dent in the fabrication of the cradle and mount system i have planned. Only time will tell the final result.

Stay tuned

Mate dont worry bout stuffin it up! i gotta spare frame sittin in the shed you can have for at least one bottle of juice ;)

no worries here, the goal is to have the whole shebang a bolt in, bolt out setup. Being if i had the requirement to revert back to the 110 it can be achieved easily. In other words, no welding or cutting of the original frame and mounts will be done.

small almost pointless update as i have no pics, hopefully can get out there tomorrow with a CHARGED camera and grab a couple.

My original idea for mounting comprised of a set of sandwich / "c" plates which bolted to the original mounts and incorporated the Lifan mounts. After cutting them out with the plasma and finishing them of with the grinder they looked fantastic. Upon mounting the engine ready for the cradle construction i noticed the rear mounting bolts protruding inline with where the chain would be. With no way around this the C plates were shit canned, there goes 3 hrs!
I had put aside the whole day for the build but my Bro came around with an urgent request for a tow pack so most of the day was wasted building that for his new Hiace.
I ended up building a mount which derives from one i have seen somewhere but with alot more strength. Will throw (hopefully) some pics up tomorrow.

Engine is currently mounted, starts and runs sweet but needs some carby adjustments (as usual). Need to throw some paint around, pull out some wiring and rewire a few things, get some pegs to suit and we're looking good!

yeah have seen that.
That is the mounting system i wanted to stay away from, it doesn't utilize the rear mount of the engine and is of very thin construction. I did in the end build something similar but use ALL mounts available and is certainly not flimsy.
There is no problem using the standard throttle either, there was plenty of adjustment in it to run the 28 OKO.

will start out with what the original plan was....

plasms cut plates, the rearmost mount would go to the original postie mount whilst the ones just in front were for the engine.
P9105121.jpg

This is what i ended up using as the C plates just weren't going to work as planned
P9105127.jpg

P9105126.jpg

Latest posts

Back