150 Postie build, now on the road!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic of it on the engine, don't mind the spacer nuts, still need to mount the peg set and crash bars
P9105123.jpg

engine in showing mount in use
P9105119.jpg

P9105120.jpg

after fidling with manifolds to find the best and tightest fit i settled on this

P9105116.jpg

the reject selection from the parts box

P9105115.jpg

Nice work so far. What ignition setup did you use?

Nice work so far. What ignition setup did you use?

the electrical part of the conversion isn't complete yet but will be using the standard cdi and one of the coils supplied with the motor which was purchased from DHZ.

That looks so awesome and simple! nice work man

Cheers bud, turned out alot simpler than the first attempt (which i'd still rather but just isn't a viable option.

For those who don't flick back to the first page this was the first idea.

P9105121.jpg

but it brought rear mounting bolts outwards and would fowl the chain so the next plan was to take an already tried and proven method but improve on its design.
This is what i came up with.

P9105126.jpg

It is still a work in progress as the centre between the four lower mounts will need to be raised to allow the peg mount to sit as high as possible but i'll deal with that once the pegs arrive. obviously it needs a clean up and a coat of paint but has come up pretty well (looks neater in person)
This is where the idea came from but this completely neglects the rear engine mount and simply put, looks flimsy and is asking for trouble when coupled to a 150.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Went through and did the wiring last night minus the charge side as the 150 has an ORK style rotor and stator. I have a standard one which will suit chargeing but will not fit due to the location of the pickup.
The standard ORK fitted does have 1 spare yellow wire from it but after alot of searching all i can find is diagram needing two yellow or one white & one yellow.

I'd throw a pic up of how i've done what, but i have none with the connections, just a midway mess and the final shot.
Here is a shot of the battery box area. Just need to mount the CDI somehow and its done.
P9125160.jpg

Heres a shot of the various brackets getting painted, will throw a few pics up during assembly so you can see where they all go.

P9125162.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get that manafold from, i want one!

You really don't. They do look alright but the mount for the carb is different and only suits the adapter supplied, which is flimsy and prone to leaks at the join to the manifold. These holes are a different distance apart and inline with the centre of the inlet unlike most manifolds.

have you though of doing a forward facing manifold ive seen a guy in darwin riding a postie bike with a forward facing one looked ok

have you though of doing a forward facing manifold ive seen a guy in darwin riding a postie bike with a forward facing one looked ok

I did and canned the idea instantly.
To me it looks weird and out of place, the idea is for the final result to look fairly standard.

OK, apart from the stator mod to get the charge system working the postie is now complet (Oh and the exhaust)
Running as is not completely tuned untill the pipe is built, i accidentally hit 95k/hr, had alot more in it but speed limit in that section was 70 so i backed off...

Anyway a few shots of the brackets and bits inplace.

The chain guide, made an adapter to mount from the original mounts on the inner and outer of the swingarm. The original really did nothing.

the outer..
P9145213.jpg

the inner..
P9135202.jpg

here's a shot of the engine adapter painted and mounted to the engine
P9135203.jpg

looking from underneath with the adapter inplace, the crash bar plate and the peg mount bar all together
P9145204.jpg

Here's a couple of veiws of the oil cooler in place. a few simple brackets from the top crash bar mounts saw it in its new home...
P9145209.jpg

P9145208.jpg

Finally a couple of poser shots all together.
I still want to build a fibreglass main tube fairing which mimics the original but covers the air filter and carb, will be a while till it's done but will be sure to post pics of it when it's done

P9145215.jpg

P9145212.jpg

Oh and i'm waiting on the seat which is at my auto apolsterers, got a bit of a surprise coming....
Will show by the end of the week (hopefully!)

1 tough pamphlet bike

looks trick with that 150 lifan i really like the look of that motor

piss that ugly uni filter off and put a velocity stack on it wicked

pamplet bike?? I'm not following you?

OK now i am, pamphlet = post. i like it.

No. plates should be pamflet

hell yea mate ,, try to get a combo po571<< posty as motorbike plates are hard to come up with but ya get the drift

Damn mate she came up a treat.

Bet your happy with that little project.

Top work. Need some more poser and action shots!!

WOW, man you have done a top job. looks really nice!! and trick, haha. cant wait to see some action shoots.

Nice job dude... Thats the deadliest postie ive seen lol. Youve got some skills. Cant wait to see the finished product
Will have to let us know how fast she pulls!
That ones too fast for the footpaths! lol

Cheers for the comments guys!
Am extremely happy to have it at a stage it can be ridden. Only took a few days in the shed to get it to this point. The time consuming bits are still to come building the exhaust (onces i can get a hold of some perforated tubing) and the main fairing. Need to sculpt a cover for the carb and filter to construct the plug, then build the mould and finally the fairing. Will be a while before that is complete as the little fella has been missing me the past week.

Will throw some action shots up and more posers once the seat is finished.

Just heard from the upholsterers and the seat isn't ready. Thats a bugger!
Will now be another couple of weeks before i can pick it up because of work and travel commitments.

Latest posts

Back