150 Postie build, now on the road!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have a bender. As said before i need a 200mm radius, your link doesn't help. I have been in contact with many exhaust places all of which can only do a 100mm CLR ahich aint going to cut the mustard.

Rolled pipe with the tube inside will be the only answer.

what sort of bender do you have..
press bender wont cut the mustard
the chart said 1 1/4 200mm radius.. unless your talking different radius to the next bloke then no one can help....

and an exhaust guy can help... its got nothing to do with the machine, its how good you are with it...
im not about to explain how its done as i would be here for hours... but trust me.. anyone worthy of building turbo exhaust manifolds capable of 1000hp is the man to see...

only other thing i can think of is a CNC mandrel machine...but good luck with tht

but if you think rolled pipe is the only solution then good luck...
was only throwing suggestions out

At home i have a JD squared model 4 which i use for roll cages and the like. It does awesome bends on exhaust aswell that leave alot of shops to shame!

different radius to the next bloke? all radius i've delt with is done in CLR! center line radius. Thought a bloke capable of 1000hp + manifolds would understand that!

Press bender? definately won't do the job.

I do know how a bender works but no matter how good you are, you won't end up with a bend as smooth as a rolled one (unless the formers are for that radius)

I'm open to suggestions but sick of calling exhaust shops to no avail!

As far as i remember i won't get that radius without going to 2 3/4" which is laughable for a posties exhaust. (could be interesting though? Idon't think so)

I do have a 3" die and former with a 7" CLR that i might try and build down using some DOM pipe (easiest way to go with obvious ID's and OD's) to 1 1/4" but not sure if the final product would would work out. The worst thing for these draw benders is keeping the tension on them till the bend is complete, if any of the built up pieces were to slip this would cause a crease.

yep. lol iv thrown heaps of pipe out due to creases from trying to do the impossible.

yeah i wouldnt go any bigger than 35mm..

what if you just do wat ya can with the exhaust and mod the guard to fit then get it chromed or powder coated to hide the evidence..

im sure youll get it sorted.. you definitely have the knowledge and skills so im sure something will happen..

I'd thought of a cut and shut job on the trim but it doesn't look like it'll accept it too well.
I have a mate who is a metal finisher/ chrome plater so i think i may have to have another look. It seems this may be a better option.
I shouldn't have canned the idea so quickly but was sure the exhaust would be the better option.

after fidling with manifolds to find the best and tightest fit i settled on this

P9105116.jpg

the reject selection from the parts box

P9105115.jpg

hey man,

awesome looking bike!!

Can you tell me where you got that manifold from?
I have one and the rubber adaptor is split and i need to get another.

cheers

hey man,

awesome looking bike!!

Can you tell me where you got that manifold from?
I have one and the rubber adaptor is split and i need to get another.

cheers
dhz ken has them

also while im here hows the 150 lifan going , i want 1 off these motors but want to here for a user first how it runs

I got the manifold off of ebay, the rubber split on mine aswell so changed to a different setup.
Akunar has them in polished and unpolished if ken can't help out at DHZ. The rubbers have a different mounting to standard adapters in that these have a 55mm bolt spacing and are linear to the port whereas standard adapters have a 48mm spacing and are offset.

Snitchy, I can't complain so far and it's had a few miles put on it already. A few long journeys too. I need to do the valve clearances as i haven't done them yet and they're way overdue.

Really like the thread.

To change the subject, have you changed the gearing to get a higher top speed/lower revs? I couldn't source a 37-39 tooth rear sprocket that would fit a postie wheel and wasn't happy with a smaller front sprocket.

Weren't happy with a smaller front? If your after top speed i think you went the wrong way.
Anyway,
I just changed the front for the moment. There is no different rear available for the posties.
However if you contact JT sprockets you can get many sizes but require the center hole to be machined out.
Here's your selection......
JT Sprockets: Catalogue

Hope that's broad enough.
Te he he he

may be a red herring but I'm sure I've heard of crew motorcross front ends ... and after radical mods even swingarms ... any of you guys seen that ?

I used to ride one years ago with a mx USD front end. From what i couldn't tell you. I went to the wreckers with a set of clamps and a standard leg and sifted through their pile. Never went the swingarm route but ran a set of shocks on the rear i believe were off an XL.

Speaking of swingers though, I'm getting one built as we speak. It's been in the works for waaayyy too long but HOPEFULLY will be ready and on it's way shortly.

Ripping keen too hear how it goes with the swinger .... do you race it ?

Will definately have an update when the swinger arrives (and the rest of the pallet load!)
Would be keen to race it once the pumper is fitted and i can tune it properly but as far as i know the races here are for standard engines with limited mods. To be honest i've never looked into it, would definately be something to consider when it's finished though.
With the standard tyres and an adjustment to the shocks i had it peg scraping a few days ago. Will try upload a photo from my phone of a 115k run on it, the photo is of 100k's but was taken as the raod turned into a hill.

Here ya'll go........

IMAG0043.jpg

Bit dodgey doin 115k and taking your phone out your pocket..........
Not happy taking the risk to find the road rises and by the time the shot is taken i've dropped to 100!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

nice that'll pull a few looks at 115 I reckon ... I'd be claiming ya if ya went past me

The swing arm is taking an extremely long time to get built. I was hoping to have all my parts waiting for me when i get home but it's looking doubtfull.

On a different note, I've had 6 (2 today) requests via PM's regarding the wiring of the 150 into the postie and its ability to charge.
Not sure if i covered it earlier or not but i currently run the power output (yellow, the lifan 150 only has 1) to the yellow side of my regulator which runs the headlight and taillight. I currently don't have a charging system although i will be attempting a mod when i get home, which, if successfull i'll make a tutorial / how to on what to do. If it doesn't work, i'll post what i've tried and the results.

If you would like to receive a PM as soon as i have tried, let me know and i'll add you to the list.

Latest posts

Back