150 Postie build, now on the road!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for the velocity stack... with mesh backfire filter of course...
Mate if you dont lace a 3.25 rim, and run a 120 series back tyre on that, Ban Bus on principal for you..

Awesome work mate, well done...

+1 for the velocity stack... with mesh backfire filter of course...
Mate if you dont lace a 3.25 rim, and run a 120 series back tyre on that, Ban Bus on principal for you..

Awesome work mate, well done...

Cheers bud,

Just put an order in at akunar, unfortuately no velocity stack but i did look, Ha ha.
Won't be doing any more for a couple of weeks till i return home again. Hopefully to many parts parcels waiting in the lounge room.

Got a few more bits and pieces coming for the next step then i'll be seeing what i can do with rims and tires. The bigger and stickier the better for this bad boy!

I mentioned earlier on (page 2 i think) about someone not wanting the manifold i had on. I just confirmed this! Went out to continue on tuning and found the carb hanging from the throttle cable and fuel line. The rubber in the adapter is absolutely crap! it had torn all the way round while it was just sitting there! It was parked in an undamaged state as i rode it into the shed and turned off the key.
Not happy!

Changed it over with a standard one and had to use an adapter ring i had to rotate the assembly away from the frame. Then went to look for a carb adapter (used to have about 4 of them) but none were to be found, gave satchy the last one with my spare 28mm oko for a 6er of coronas! Pulled the one off the pitty and we're in buisness again.

Cheers sean, yeah did look at them but decided against it for obvious reasons.
Who knows, one day some head and engine work, a 30mm, methanol and 5inch stack. ha ha.

Have ordered most of akunars inventory but you'll have to wait to see what's in store.

shot out with the last of the parts i have in possesion and went from this...

P9165211.jpg

To this......
some would prefer the original but i really hated how bulky and unrequired it all was, add that to having a black clutch lever and it had to be changed to match.

P9165212.jpg

Picked up the seat the other day and have put a couple of rides on it. Has held up better than expected.

I wanted something to get a giggle from the uninformed.
My upholsterer talked me out of the following pattern being stiched in due to the weak spot introduced by stitching. He covered it in plain black vinyl and sent it off to a vinyl painter (Was actually more expensive this way!!). Only time will tell how the paint will hold up.

PA055705.jpg

PA055707.jpg

Looking Sweet! Now thats more like what Postie's should Ride haha.

You have done a Great job with it...Good work.

Keep us Updated ;)

Cheers for the comments guys.

Although i WAS happy with the seat, it achieved the looks and laughs that i was after, I am no longer in the same mind...
I originally wanted the same sort of design in red vinyl stitched over the fresh black. My trim shop (whom have used for car and 4x4 builds in the past with no complaints!) convinced me the stitching would promote a weak spot and would tear quickly, which i do believe is true. However after only 4-5 days of 2x 10 min journeys the vinyl paint (done by a dedicated vinyl painter) has cracked and looks hideous!
Not a fan and will be heading to the trim shop to get a stitched job done and see how it goes.
I wouldn't mind forking out for a recover after 6 months but every week.... NO WAY!!!!!

Anywho,
My list of bits and pieces from Akunar continues to grow. Alot of which is not on their parts list and is at the chromers (Thanks Ranuka!) should be here next month. I'll then start the next phase of the build but for that you'll have to wait!

Stay tuned!!!!

As i said, my akunar order continues to grow, hence the long wait on custom parts (ones not on their site).

Grabbed a pitster exhaust from DHZ to throw on temporarily as i'm having problems finding someone to 'roll' some 1 1/4" pipe with a 200mm radius for the exhaust.

The main tube fairing is currently under modification before waxing and building a mould from it.
Spent a bit of time on the OKO after fitting the exhaust, it just confirmed why i love these carbs! It's not 100% but it will do untill the pumper arrives from HACKMUNCH.

PB010221.jpg

Don't mind the bare bracket, didn't have enough time to shape and paint it (Hell it aint staying there anyway!)

getting a round trap muffler from them but it's the rolled pipe that is proving to be a problem, for my plans it has to have a 200mm radius to accept the original chrome exhaust covers.

oh i see.

have you tried to source some stainless or mild mandrel bends?

it would have to be mandrel bent so chances of some1 having a mandrel bending machine to do it is pretty slim...

see if this helps... i use to have some good links from building turbo manifolds but i cant seem to find them ATM
SMB Mandrel Bends

All mandrel bends come with a way too small radius.
I can bend at 4" CLR which seems to be the largest that anyone can do to 1 1/4" tube.
The only option i can think of is to find someone with a pipe roller and slide the tube inside some sacrificial pipe prior to rolling.

ok, little trick i learnt...

go to the exhaust shop and get the next size up pipe
bend it to suit
cut the pipe ends off inside the crimping marks(hope you understand that)

when pipe is bent in a normal exhaust bender it actually reduces the OD of the pipe..

sure do but to get a 200mm radius you'd be looking at approx 3" pipe, good luck turning that into 1 1/4!

The 200mm radius is the key to it all working. I have alot of experience bending pipe and tube, hence the frustration in not being able to achieve something (Haven't given up yet though!)

Latest posts

Back