150cc Lifan fuel/carby issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortmini

Reaction score
2 months ago I purchased a 150cc cheapy on ebay, i was told to get one with a LIFAN motor- so i did.

It runs like ****!

Ive tryed re-setting the float level to every option, ive played with both the idle and fuel/air mixture screw, new air filter, and still runs crap.

Bottom end is ok, top end chokes up, and if you rev it fast it will die.

Any suggestions? new carby? which one should i get???

Attachments

• 150 cc .jpg
    150 cc .jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 17
thanks for the suggestion, i found that carby for $100 on ebay, has anyone else tryed this combo? is it hard to tune?? i dont want to have to change jets etc..

You will have to change jets, that's probably why your bike is running crap currently. It is very unlikely you'll ever buy a carby and be able to have it running right without changing the jetting.

Its not really very hard to change jets and once you've done it once it will be much faster and easier the second time round. and you'll get satisfaction out of tuning your carb yourself.

i think im running the same carb...

check for air leaks (by spraying wd40 or alike products around the intake manifold and if the revs increase its because its leaking air)

do the valve clearances at .003 inlet and .004 exhaust (what i run on my bike and it works great)

adjust the pin in your carb slide (there is a cerclip holding it in place and 5 slots to choose from)

Latest posts

Back