150cc T-rex Daytona motor - photos

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
close, i think it was right around 12cc on the 2v head when i cc tested it. here is how you figuire out cc. if you moving the piston up 2 mm with the stroker crank it would be 28.5 x 28.5 x 3.14 (pie) x 2mm =5100.9 now divide by 1000 because we are dealing in cubic centimeters not cubic milimeters so we come up with 5.1cc. so we need to subtract 5.1 cc from the combustion chamber but there is no way the piston could move 2mm up with out hitting the head, with the origional crank the piston is only in the hole 1mm so the stroker crank must come with a thick aluminium base plate to put the cylinder height back where it should be so the piston is not sticking out of the cylinder. hope this helps a little.

close, i think it was right around 12cc on the 2v head when i cc tested it. here is how you figuire out cc. ....
no figuring here...I got the right tool:p;)
ccchamber.JPG

ok i think my private school education has finally payed off. bare with me with this one.

first lets go with what we know. the daytona 2v head must be 12cc because 150cc div 12cc = 12.5:1
daytona say it goes to 14:1 in 160 form.
and Hackmunch has said the 4v head is 13.63cc

so 160cc div 11.4cc combust = 14:1 for the daytona 160 2v setup. that means with the extra stroke and bigger base gasket the head volume is reduced by .6cc.

now lets take that data and translate it for the 4v head setup.

we have already established 150cc div 13.63cc = 11:1

so less .6cc volume from the head and work out for the 160
160cc div 13.03 = 12.3:1

b i n g o yep 100% correct. hey mountain if you have the right tools then please put the spark plug in when your cc test it, you would be suprised the difference. remember the spark plug is hollow around the electrode. tested the 4v dohc yesterday, man that thing rips, power is so smooth, just couldnt keep tires from going flat, went through 3 tubes. gonna have to put in 2 rim locks i guess lol.

don't you hate it when you biggest issue is you need more rim locks!

Cant wait to get myself one, i know how hard the 119 went, the 150 be a killer

b i n g o yep 100% correct. hey mountain if you have the right tools then please put the spark plug in when your cc test it, you would be suprised the difference. remember the spark plug is hollow around the electrode. lol.
:rolleyes:...thanks for the tip, Dom!:D

keep us up to date about the testing.

at the end of it you should write a summary on all the combinations you've tried.
e.g A summation of the 167, take head and 4v. so people can see what you can do to daytona's, how much each costs and how they perform over stock and each other.
it could be like daytona perfomance setup stage 1 , stage 2 etc and rank in hp output.

oh and always pics and vids are welcome

ya thats our plan, we are gonna dyno the stages also once wholesale get there daytona engine shipment in. from stock up to the 4v dohc setup all in the same day so the results will be legit.

We are gonna video everything so theres no bs. No really need to lie, i have tested the "other" glee club engines before some lasted 15min some lasted 3 weeks but none of them have lasted as long as this daytona.

you should do all the testing again with the stroker in it as well. then we can see what is the most cost effective hp to price up grade. for example, HP per dollar might be best by doing the 167 kit over the 160 stroker kit.

or where the power is being delivered might sway ppl's desired choice, some might want heaps of low end power so they will do 'stroker' mod as the dyno charts will show the delivery.

that would be a full run down of what daytona's can do.

there will always be daytona haters though i feel.

me...i love them and am happy to pay the money. you get what you pay for.

i hear the stroker crank is a ways out. i want to try and do this in the next month. one of the guys wants to try the stroker with the 167 to make a 180. we have some crazy guys in our crew.

there's always gunna be hater's, But that's because they either haven't rode a bike with 1 or they heard some bloke have problems, every engine's got its bugs tho, i think people hate on daytona's mostly for the price you gotta pay more than anything.

My mate's have 140's and they cant even touch me in a straight line drag:D

Latest posts

Back