2 Stoke v.s 4 Stroke !

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One over tensioned cam cap? As if you wouldn't just buy another cap and put it on.. Yeah makes a lot of sence, are you saying that even though 4's have short rebuild periods in the manuals alotof people ignore it ? 2 strokes seem to be winning this battle.

Says someone that drills random holes into their flywheel and calls it lightening haha. Over tensioning ain't that hard to do mate when there's in consistencies in the cheaper parts entering the market but hey.

Nahh drilling holes in somthing makes it heavier ay!! :lol: not like I was goin o cut it in half! Like tuning a carb you make small changes and test it ? So I figured I would follow that concept of "tuning"

Last edited:
Mabey some people need to snap 1000 bolts/caps to learn not to over tension s***. Idk, the bloke was talking about throwing out a engine head because of a broken cam cover ? That's just ridiculous. But what do I know.. I think drilling holes in somthing makes it lighter.. :lol_hitting:

Last edited:
Mabey some people need to snap 1000 bolts/caps to learn not to over tension s***. Idk, the bloke was talking about throwing out a engine head because of a broken cam cover ? That's just ridiculous. But what do I know.. I think drilling holes in something makes it lighter.. :lol_hitting:
So how many are you up to now ?
Didn't you over tighten a 125 rocker cover bolt and strip the thread ?

;)

And he was talking about an over tightened lash cap that killed the head.
It's a bit like when you ran your engine with the valve clearances too tight.

Last edited:
I snaped the bolt. That was about a year and 3/4 ago andif it's a bit like that then how come I still have my engine head? And I never seen the word lash, I did see the word cam but rightio. Probably about a good 20 0r 30, I think the frustration got the better of me in the end and I have lernt not to over tension, far out.

Yeah and your "supose" to use this and that for changing a valve. Yet it can be done with a c-clamp and a socket?

You like an argument don't you Rizzo, something I've just noticed your never wrong.
I'm gonna take it that your very young still and haven't had a great amount of life or social skills but can I just say your attitude and back peddling is getting very old mate.

One over tensioned cam cap? As if you wouldn't just buy another cap and put it on.. Yeah makes a lot of sence, are you saying that even though 4's have short rebuild periods in the manuals alotof people ignore it ? 2 strokes seem to be winning this battle.

Once again you are proving what sort of moronic idiot you are. Go ahead, try calling your local Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda dealer and ask to buy a replacement cam cap for a RMZ/YZF/CRF 250 for example. See what sort of reply's you get !!

Mabey some people need to snap 1000 bolts/caps to learn not to over tension s***. Idk, the bloke was talking about throwing out a engine head because of a broken cam cover ? That's just ridiculous. But what do I know.. I think drilling holes in somthing makes it lighter.. :lol_hitting:

Exactly, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. And I never said broken cam cap, just over tensioned. Lack of clearance between cam and cam bearing, and yes, that head is ready for the bin.

no replacement for displacement

i have to do more work to my china bike than i do my 450

did piston and rings at 30 hours probably still only done 50 and i got no issues

price well piston and rings cost mates rates and labour was f all i did a fair bit of the work for em
actually top end on modern 4 strokes aren't that hard but should not be atempted by and idiot :boink:

yeah weight is the big factor and i'm a lazy rider and hate mosquitoe's :)

Latest posts

Back