2011 aussie minimotard champs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah this is a spanner in the works .
the rules may change yet
hope it goes something like 200cc air cooled 4t 2 or 4 valve

try to let them know how your feeling in a positive way?
i did on pocketbikeracing.com

well thats what i thought it was , air cooled engines only .... ie : crf50 engines and klx 110 engines....

air cooled rule is simple and has had the minibike racing in order for yeeears

whats gonna happen when china starts making big powered water cooled engines.
will have to re think the hole rule book again..

yeah this is a spanner in the works .
the rules may change yet
hope it goes something like 200cc air cooled 4t 2 or 4 valve

Is there any particular reason that you think having 200cc motards could benefit the class seeing as there has been 4 capacity changes in the last 4 years?

i thought they might keep up with crf150s?
ive never ridden one though
cheaper to big bore than get a new bike

Wrong Dafunk. Barnsed is wright. the way to keep the expense of the sport down is to have the china rule and a capacity limit of what comes stock from production.

You will end up spending a heap on a 200cc motor in motard form as the bottom ends arent meant to have 40cc wacked on top of them with V2 heads.

Buy having 200cc as the limit people will have to modify there bike straight away to be competitive as cost effective bikes dont come with 200cc kits.

What makes you think a CRF150R will be racing with a 200cc motor anyway? that would mean the class limit is 200cc and people would bore out the CRF's. i think there is a 174cc kit for them already.

I dont think you have to really worry about this to much guys as these rules will only most likely be for the Phillip Island round them it will be back to what it was. i honestly think that not many, if anyone will turn up on a kitted out Jap bike. and if they do im sure Ryan, Matt and sam alone will absolutely smash them. And dont worry about those guys getting on Jap bikes as they are sponsored by Pitbike shops.

Yeah i wont be happy if you keep the jap in i might have to rethink everything. As im spending like 5k maybe 6 on motard for next year no way in hell i want to do that when i have to race against such a big playing field i would be better off buying a small wheel honda crf150rr

A GP bike is not a motard, so will not be allowed.
Motards only.
With Jap bikes and Jap motors, the main rules were written by the Gladstone boys, but they always made it China bikes and motors.
The main reason they left the manufacture open is to try and get more motards on to the tar from the dirt, regaurdless of manufacturer.
Once the MA minimoto / minimotard sub committee is formed early next year, the new rules can be written to suit as may riders as possible.
The Phillip Island event is there to not only give everyone a chance to race at the Island, but to also put on the best minimoto / minimotard show to date to all the public to see.

i would also like china only bikes to keep $$ down
just trying to get more different bikes racing together competively .
yeah reliabilty would go down but we are racing .
4stroke 150cc liquid cooled , 4 stroke 200\190cc aircooled , 85cc 2 stroke , get it ?
has anyone ridden against one? how much faster are they ?
85cc 2t should be a little faster too?
might be easier to just get a crf ?

i just suggested ban liquid cooled 4strkes?

Last edited:
A CRF150R will not have anymore power than my 160cc oil cooled half china motor. but if you work a 85cc 2 stroke they will put out more hp like 27-29hp (at crank) but they will not have the torque of my 22rwhp 4 stroke. so i dont think the power will be that different. the only reason i would want Jap stuff is for reliability. Reliability keeps cost down and gives more track time.

Dafunk i know what you mean about your engine rule idea, but that fact is that people that buy an atomik 150 or 160 are out of the game to start with. its about people entering the sport. not better toys for the good guys that are already in it. believe me, i have been in the sport for a while and the biggest focus we need is people getting into it. yeah new fast and nice bikes are great but not everyone can afford one and racing against 2 other rides all year isnt that great.

sweeet then
i thought the crf would be flogging us ?
but its the 85 to watch for
bring it on
:lsvader:
:40__s:

As mentioned in a previous post, a suggestion for future events may be split the class as we do in minimoto, a China class with only four strokes aircooled,(or as I may be wrong oil cooled) up to 160cc, and then a open class up to 160cc air or watercooled four strokes with up to 85cc two strokes.
Something that maybe some you guys could put together in a set of rules for minimotard, in a format easy to understand, that could be bought forward to the sub-committee.
It makes sense that the minimotard guys write their own rules, within the 160cc limit set by MA.
What do you think?

that sounds great Darren nice.
lets see what the others think .
i was way of with the 200cc idea, whoops .

As mentioned in a previous post, a suggestion for future events may be split the class as we do in minimoto, a China class with only four strokes aircooled,(or as I may be wrong oil cooled) up to 160cc, and then a open class up to 160cc air or watercooled four strokes with up to 85cc two strokes.
Something that maybe some you guys could put together in a set of rules for minimotard, in a format easy to understand, that could be bought forward to the sub-committee.
It makes sense that the minimotard guys write their own rules, within the 160cc limit set by MA.
What do you think?

I think that's exactly what we need.:five:

But spliting the motards up in classes needs to be done at a later date and rules kept in check that have been standing for the last couple of years for PI.
Or they need to be separated before PI, as I think opening them up and having 1 big class with huge differences in machinery would only set out to benefit a few people and discourage people from joining or taking up the sport, knowing the extra cost involved to be competitive.
We see this situation now with people even struggling to put an atomik together just to meet scrutineering standards.

I'd have no hesitaion in helping out, with the production of rules and regulations to help clarify the class. But I think to grow and move things forward for the motard class there does need to be more governance of machinery to everyone can be competitive.

I think that is definitely the answer Dazza. Barnesd and i are happy to be your motard ears and provide a draft of rules that we believe will provide good racing, easy access to the sport and a place for beginner and the more advanced.

i personally think everything how it is will work for PI. i maybe wrong, but i am happy and excited for the event.

you guys have done so much work up until now. so lets see how it goes and then fine tune it for 2012.

If you are going to rewrite the rule book, you really need to make it a group thing, maybe have everyone around a table at the titles and see what they want and go from there.

If you are going to rewrite the rule book, you really need to make it a group thing, maybe have everyone around a table at the titles and see what they want and go from there.

This is all ready in place for the meeting at PI next year.
Just need to confirm time, once we get a bit closer to March.

Hey Guys

Id love to help formalise the rules

It would be awesome to have it all uniform and line up with the US a little to.

superlite racing needs to be horizontal fourstrokes

we cant include 2 strokes it takes away from the sport.

what do you guys think?

brad

I got a mate that's keen as to ride at the titles.. He will possibly be getting a rm85 to ride and I will just be helping him set it up.. He's not interested in riding a china...

See how we go with these titles and then go from there I say.

Latest posts

Back