2011 aussie minimotard champs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody actually raced minitard with a 85 2-stroke? Also, since it's going to be part of MA, how is the machines measured after race check for cheating? Tyres, no regulations? I'm all for keeping is on a cheap version, like all other racings around the world! How does the minitard rules looks like around the world? I know in Denmark they don't care about cc's but HP! Top class there is 18HP! I'll try to get there rule book!

Last edited:
i have only ever seen a kid on a KTM65 about 1.5 to 2 yrs ago. he was pretty quick but other than that i havent seen a 2 stroke. and yeah londin they pull your engine apart if you come top 3. but if everyone you race against says "nar thats fine" then they dont bother. but why would they really have to pull it apart? the rules are open. just dont rock up with a 175 kit on your vertmax. beside that voids insurance so that wont look good.

see a hp restriction just wont work for 2 reasons. 1. you have to have a mobile dyno at the track. and 2 all guys do is put alot of research and developement into making crazt torque figures and 18hp from 4,000rpm to 10,000 rpm.

I asked them over on supermotojunkie
it doesnt say what capacity the klx is ???
lets see how they go??
heres what someone said ;

Where are you planning on running rules vary for where your at. Like some places have a 150r/85-90cc class but that same class at other placed allow up to 105-110 2 strokes with the 150r. That will be your highest speed class and shorted laptimes. In this class the KTM100 or the CRF150r are Top dogs.

Some places run the 150cc aircooled four strokes with the 65cc 2-strokes. In this class KTM65s, Breathed on KX65s, and highly moded xr100s are the normal top dogs.

I have also seen guys run highly moded KX110s in front of the 150r.

Totally depends on track on track and rules. I'd say stock bike the 150r is the topdog.

I just think that it should be kept as horizontal 4 strokes as it used to be. After all its a pit bike class not a open class. If you let 2 strokes in then its not really a pit bike class anymore is it? I say we stay how they used to be I dont really see a need for them to be changed? I understand you want to get more people riding and that is good but really there should be another class for it then just for 2 strokes etc.
And a Hp limit wouldnt be the best idea, from what i have heard every dyno puts out different figures so you could be 17.9hp at your local dyno and 18.9 at the one at the track. i think we should keep the 160cc limit and the rules we already had.

Just my 2 cents.

how i understand it means upright motors only for phillip island race for 2011

Thats the way I read it too. With only a capacity and wheel size limit. This opens things up to a wide varity of bikes and people that are allowed to enter. So hopefully we can get people like Ty's frind on thier RM's, the kids on thier metrakits, and some of the other other younger kids racing the 65's and 85's to put some slick rubber on and go for a ride around PI.

Where does it say pit bike Sam? It's mini motard.

I personally think the 2t class should stay. I wouldn't mind riding one, especially when they are going for the same price as a stock linkage china. And the china will need a lot of money spend on it.

Where does it say pit bike Sam? It's mini motard.

I personally think the 2t class should stay. I wouldn't mind riding one, especially when they are going for the same price as a stock linkage china. And the china will need a lot of money spend on it.

All mini motards that have been raced previously and currently are of china pitbike origin. And soon, as a I believe, they may be introducing the china mini gp bike that dirtmax sell.
I don't think we should all be to worried about this as it seems Phillip Island is going to be one big event that anyone with any bike that meets capacity and wheels sze will be able to race.
Then after PI, the proposed rules changes will be in effect and things will go back to the way they were.
It doesn't bother me that Jap bikes will be racing against chinas as there will be the minimal difference in preformance. The Jap amy have a bit more reliability, but it gives people entering the sport a place to start cheaply and still have a reasonably competitive bike.
The proposed rule changes will eliminate most Jap bikes as they run more than 4 gears, frames arean't of open cradle design and the engines are of upright design. Leaving realistcly the Jap versions of the chinas we ride anyway.
We need to put on a good show, as Hippy says, as the more bikes and riders the more classes we can have and run.

yooo

keen on racing this event...
it will be my third ever ride time on a mini motard ahah

check my pic, it was my ahhh my second day of riding with motard tires, had a ball

Attachments

• yeaahhh motard ayy.jpg
    yeaahhh motard ayy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 21
Does any one know if items need to be lock wired??

Does any one know if items need to be lock wired??

Yeah
Sump plug, dip stick, brake retainer bolts for a start.
But all the info will be found when the entry and regs come out shortly.
You can always look up the MA manual of motorsport its all contained in the general and road racing sections.:scooter:

Supp Regs for Nationals

The draft supplementary regulations are available.

Our questions and concerns have been addressed and we now have an unlimited class and a china class.

This should provide for some great racing!!

Get your entry in and I'll see there! :scooter:

Last edited:
Only thing is i have a Jap head, so im going to get smashed buy the full jap bikes. Its going to be sick fun though!! i think the best riders will be in the Chinese class actually.

Only thing is i have a Jap head, so im going to get smashed buy the full jap bikes. Its going to be sick fun though!! i think the best riders will be in the Chinese class actually.

Hopefully that means you can carve the full Jap bikes then... It does mean that if I make it there we won't get to make a piggy back bet though :(

What sort of CAG did you get? Knowing you I'm guessing it's not just a cheap air cooled POS...

Nar mate we can still have the piggy back comp as we will have transponders on our bikes, so we can do it over qualifying.

Your right mate. no CAG for me. its a full Euro with ported BZM barrel and SPS race head and dome.

GRCElite001.jpg

Nar mate we can still have the piggy back comp as we will have transponders on our bikes, so we can do it over qualifying.

Your right mate. no CAG for me. its a full Euro with ported BZM barrel and SPS race head and dome.

Awesome sauce... Hopefully I get some practice in before PI then, otherwise I can see the way this is going ;)

That thing is a beast; even if I don't drag the bike down I'll have to come for a look-see when you have it at the track :)

i have it Dandenong most Wed nights. that is the whole reason i got it. so i could just take it in the back seat of my car and drive straight from work instead of going home picking up the motard trailer and packing it up at night. it was purchased so i could get more track time and so far it has done just that. interesting to ride with no suspension. hopefully some of the pocket bike skills transfer over to the motard riding. they give wicked high siders as i found out!

thanks ringo. i was wanting to buy Herbi's over your way, but it was over the other side of the country. i just have to learn how to ride these things. its straightening me out so far. i put a 7t front and 73t rear on for the moment so i dont burn out the clutch with my slow initial corner speed. But after the first ride now im ready for more.

i like it how there is a 80kg+ class for me at PI. means i dont have to ride against all the Con Mazza's and the like.

If i like the pocket bike thing and get into it. i might put a full on SPS motor in it. ill see what its like hanging out with you pocket bike boys and i want to see how they handle on a faster track like Warnambool. looking forward in meeting you at Phillip Island as well.

Do you happen to know what gearing you use at Warny?

(there's not as much hostility on this form as the you know what. it must make you laugh)

Latest posts

Back