2012 minimoto & Minimotard Championships

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill sacrifice myself to take out the rest to let a china win haha

haha maybe not, im getting to old to hit the black stuff lol

I'll be needing a co-driver - Bris to Gladstone and back, Holden Combo Van with towbar if required, must have licence and interested in doing a budget epic road trip 50/50 or all costs

Anyone keen?

I'll be needing a co-driver - Bris to Gladstone and back, Holden Combo Van with towbar if required, must have licence and interested in doing a budget epic road trip 50/50 or all costs

Anyone keen?

Ofcause :)
:40__s::first::alc::food-smiley-005::fumeur7::coolthumb::action-smiley-035::cheer2::driver::scooter::blah::applaudit:

Casey Stoner slide's his rear every where and he's the fastest in the world?

Wheelspin and sliding under acceleration is NOT fast, sliding or 'Backing it In' into a corner is fast when done on certain corners, sliding through a corner is also faster than on some corners.

Casey Stoner slide's his rear every where and he's the fastest in the world?

thats because he turns the bike from sliding, not just getting on the gas hard and late to spin the rear up like a goon. many lower speed racers make the mistake of getting on the gas too hard on corner exit and spinning the rear up, and charging corners and losing too much mid corner speed as they are still trying to turn the bike.

casey came from dirt track and thats where his style has its roots. it is more suited to bigger more powerful bikes (ie the 1000cc gp next year) as it allows him to steer the bike from the rear in the mid corner to 'square off' the turn and get back onto the fat of the rear tyre earlier and accelerate out of the turn faster. different bikes with different strengths require different styles, and different parts of the track require different styles also.

this style would make you very slow on a mini-tard as you don't have the issue with getting the power to the ground like the bigger bikes, its more about keeping the mid corner speed right up and momentum through the corners.

i am keen to try mini-motarding out as i already race big motards, just to do something different. i will be a bit heavy but maybe skill might help me out :finup:

thats because he turns the bike from sliding, not just getting on the gas hard and late to spin the rear up like a goon. many lower speed racers make the mistake of getting on the gas too hard on corner exit and spinning the rear up, and charging corners and losing too much mid corner speed as they are still trying to turn the bike.

casey came from dirt track and thats where his style has its roots. it is more suited to bigger more powerful bikes (ie the 1000cc gp next year) as it allows him to steer the bike from the rear in the mid corner to 'square off' the turn and get back onto the fat of the rear tyre earlier and accelerate out of the turn faster. different bikes with different strengths require different styles, and different parts of the track require different styles also.

this style would make you very slow on a mini-tard as you don't have the issue with getting the power to the ground like the bigger bikes, its more about keeping the mid corner speed right up and momentum through the corners.

i am keen to try mini-motarding out as i already race big motards, just to do something different. i will be a bit heavy but maybe skill might help me out :finup:

what time's do you do at pi?

what time's do you do at pi?

only ridden there once (start of this year) on my 10 year old 600cc roadbike, but was doing 1.54 on a slighly damp track with 4 year old rubber and a badly slipping clutch. i only just bought the bike so didnt know the clutch issue until i got out on track, it sucked balls! was my first time on a track and my first roadbike.

going off the pace i have on my tard i should be alot quicker but i dont feel real comfy on a sportsbike. i should just grow a pair and give it a real crack haha.

did a 65.1 at broadford on a stock crf450 with a worn out front slick, but then my gearbox grenaded. should be in the 64's with the new engine mods and a good set of tyres but we'll see, i might crash again!

u ride a bit?

Yep no doubt about it you are quick on a motard James. even on slicks in the wet was a good effort. you are welcome to have a ride on my KTM 85cc when we are at the track next. we should do a stoney creek ride in Jan or something. closer for you. i am 88kg and struggle with the weight but the KTM puts me back in contention. ive put an R1 shock in the rear for heavier weight riders and got a 260mm brembo on the front.

i had a CRF490 motard but found the mini-motards were much cheaper to run and still had a good fun factor.

ahhaah grnman everything a woman hopes for!

can't believe someones gonna take their bike from perth over! Costly i assume.

At the titles this year at Phillip Island I was one of 12 WA boys and gals that attended, and yes I'm the stupid idiot shipping a KTM 85 over for Gladstone, I just returned to Perth from warrnambool and PI yesterday and the bike is probably half way across the nullabor as I type!! Costly???? No, its not what you know but who you know 8b... The shipping of the bike was the easy/cheap part, the hire van for 2 weeks is what killed the bank account, although it doubled as accommodation for a few nights with a stretcher bed inside!!!!

Well done ringo on organising the Phillip Island event for Mini Motards and coming over from WA. to race. Also to Pete for coming down from Qld. to race at Warrnambool and all others for making them a great 2 weekends.
I think the people that ran the meetings and the flag marshalls should be given heaps of praise as standing in the sun all day or in the blinding rain at (P.I.) was remarkable and still had a smile on their face and with limited personnel and resources.
In future ringo let us know if you need help to pick up bikes or accommodation in Melbourne we may be able to arrange something for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back