49cc coolster questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty3663

Reaction score
So I just bought my little cousin a 49cc coolster dirtbike. I know you mix oil and gas for the fuel but I'm not sure if it uses oil in the transmission. It is an automatic with centrifugal clutch. Please inform me.

Welcome to Miniriders,

Make sure you drop in here and Introduce Yourself too.

Does the Coolster look like one of these ?

14084787360451718963704.jpeg

if so, no they dont have any oil in the transmission (there's no where to put it anyway)
you'll need to get some 2T oil for premixing

177525d1317614405-gas-oil-premix-thread-dsc_1132small.jpg

if the bike is new, then you'll need to run it in with a ratio of fuel/oil around 25 to 1, 2.5 litres petrol to 100mls oil
once you've ran a couple of tanks worth though the engine then you can run it at 32 to 1.

cheers, craig

Yes looks just like it. So I have read with centrifugal clutches you should squirt some oil behind the snap ring so it lubes the bearing. Is that the case with this bike at all or no lubrication needed?

i never did when i had one for my son, but you could add a drop of oil every month, depending on usage
a brand new clutch is under $10 anyway

Should the rear tire spin freely when I try to spin it by hand? It seems to kinda jam up every quarter turn or so.

Latest posts

Back