88 limited

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you go at Cessnock?!

Yeah BBR SP-5's are another option to Stock CRF70 Forks!

I ran them on my 88 before Upgrading to Zocchies and I thought they worked well! Worth investing in I think.

do you still have the sp-5s tommy ? and i went terrible at cessnock my bike was running shit and like about 5 riders in the stock class had race pistons and a heaps of other not stock shit on their bike but they pulled down the top 4 in the limited class and stock so i will be interesting to see what happenns

do you still have the sp-5s tommy ? and i went terrible at cessnock my bike was running shit and like about 5 riders in the stock class had race pistons and a heaps of other not stock shit on their bike but they pulled down the top 4 in the limited class and stock so i will be interesting to see what happenns

Na, got them on my Brother's 88 haha!

Oh damb thats not good...good to hear they pulled down the Bikes but! They will SOON be caught! But you can tell pretty easy if there a Cheater Bike or not hey.

seriously why would they bother with cheater bikes ? minis are supposed to be fun .

yeah i know its heaps better if everyones bikes are the same because then you can tell who the beter rider is and you can also bang bars and everyone has fun

P6110201.jpg

here she is with new swinga and a new gold chain ,, looks abit bigger than a +2 ?
rides heaps good with it but i cant do wheelies no more :(
p.s my number are factory

Nice! Yeah definitely looks like a +3/+4. Is that what you wanted?

Yeah I like your Numberplates man haha they look Trick!

88 limited rules

hi i am wondering wat are the rules for 88 limited ?? regarding the motor . can you muck around with your standard valves

I say +3 still . good swingarm anyway i reckon plus 3 is the perfect length for a 50 with forks or 12" front wheel/+1s

Here is +2 and +4 .
100_1988.jpg

Come to think of it , the left one mite of been a +1

Last edited:
yeah i think its definatly a +3 i asked for a +2 though ? lol well i paid for the plus 2 so im happy haha

i got the 88 kit in last night it was a bit of a mission but we got there in the end and i gotta say the little bike has some hectic pull now there is no bog at all i just had to set the idle on it and away i went .
BUT there is this ticking noise coming from the motor when i accelerate hard ? wouldnt be the piston hitting the valves would it ??

what would you say it has done to the power? doubled? not quite as much? are you still using stock pipe? is it much louder?

umm the power just doesnt bog at all its always there like even in third gear and yea i got the stock pipe and there is a little bit of difference in sound.

but i think im gonna much around with the gearing to try and get more top end out of it .

yeah i think its definatly a +3 i asked for a +2 though ? lol well i paid for the plus 2 so im happy haha

i got the 88 kit in last night it was a bit of a mission but we got there in the end and i gotta say the little bike has some hectic pull now there is no bog at all i just had to set the idle on it and away i went .
BUT there is this ticking noise coming from the motor when i accelerate hard ? wouldnt be the piston hitting the valves would it ??

Haha SWEET AS!

Is the noise coming from the Motor like a tapping noise? because I hear it on my 88 as well...it's a fairly common noise on 88s for some reason.

But it would be a good idea to check your valve clearance and even your cam timing...that's what I'm going to so to see if it makes any difference.

Don't worry about it but...just make sure you double check on those and you'll be right!

yeah well i have put the cam in yet becuase i dont know how so ill get a shop to do it and they can check it all.
What sprockets do you recommend tommy , it seems like it needs abit more top end im using stock gearing now .

umm the power just doesnt bog at all its always there like even in third gear and yea i got the stock pipe and there is a little bit of difference in sound.

but i think im gonna much around with the gearing to try and get more top end out of it .

I'm going to give 15 x 33 gearing a go do give mine a bit more legs.

How much and where did you get the swinger?

yeah well i have put the cam in yet becuase i dont know how so ill get a shop to do it and they can check it all.
What sprockets do you recommend tommy , it seems like it needs abit more top end im using stock gearing now .

Oh yeah, sounds good!

Well at the moment Im using a 37 FiveO Honeycomb Rear Sprocket and like a JT 15 Front.

The Renthal Sprockets seem to be a good long lasting sprocket but...and Ive been Recommended by a guy who knows his stuff to run a Regina Chain so I am haha!

14/37 is Stock Gearing hey? My 15/37 is geared pretty high...good for wider open tracks but Im thinking of getting a lower Front Sprocket like a 13 or something for tight tracks.

If you want to save some $$$ best idea would be to get like a range of Front Sprockets (13/14/15/16) and then keep like 1 or 2 Rear Sprockets.

Id say you should 1st buy a 15 or even 16 Tooth Front Sprocket and see how you like that with the 37 Stock Rear Sprocket because you can get them pretty cheap and go from there...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back