air intake snorkle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Fellas,

Well i tried the MK1 and i think it has worked.. Used the XD-XE V8 Bottom radiator hose and bought to hose clamps.

Fixed one end to the carb, run the other end up to the airfilter under the seat and was having problems with the airfilter staying on because the hose was so flexible it would just pull off.. The raditor hose came with an internal spring which i had removed so i used some of that in the end of it towards the air filter so i had something inside the pipe to clamp too.. I think i might try find some 48mm pvc pipe or something similar to slip in there so i have something to clamp onto so its a much nicer fit.

In terms of performace, id say i have lost a TINY little bit, nothing too noticeable! Mind you i still have the bigger jets in my OKO 26mm the main jet is a #100..

I noticed on the quick blasts of the throttle from idle to high that it would choke if i did it too fast.. With a little bit of a tune that soon was gone, so all seems pretty good..

If you would like to see an album of photos that i took whilst doing it the address is PHOTO ALBUM

32553_1437145642739_1055930666_3257577_3747546_n.jpg

Let me know what you guys think or if anything else could be improved on NUMROE's invetion.

Please note i give full credit to NUMROE for this design!

Did a pretty good job mate. Looks good.

For the trail hacks, tis is a great idea.

Nice job Beccs. I dont think Numroe got the MK1 working well enough but he overcame the problems with the MK11 so +Reps for getting the MK1 to work for you. Have you got a rear mudflap?

mso-flap1.jpg

Hey mate, yeah i made up a mud flap also, i used some thin flexible rubber and attached it to the subframe mounts under the rear guard and attached to the swingarm also.

After taking her out bush for some great riding i have found out a few things.

The snorkle works GREAT! Went up a steep hill and didnt make it then slid down into a creek.. Had the air filter still been straight on the card i dare say my engine would be history now or need some serious work as the left side of the bike was submerged in water!

I did notice it was choking a bit top end (higher revs).. Im hoping to overcome this by jetting it correctly. I still have to stock jets that the carb came with so this needed to be done anyway. So yeah im hoping that by reducing the main jet down to #96 this should resolve this issue.

Other than top end choking the air filter did great and all my mates that came riding with me are now doing the mods also, hehe. Mind you they dont have OKO carbs just the crap stock mikunis so it will be interesting to see how they go with theirs and wether this mod is as succesfull on crap carbs.

Will keep you guys posted. If you guys can think of anything else that may be making the bike choke at high revs let me know. I am aware that since the air filter snorkle on her she may not be getting as much air as previously however the jet in the carb is too big, i believe its a #100.. so reducing that should solve it. What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back