annoyed slightly

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
nos alternative

well poop! i just wrote a lovely thread, and it wasnt posted! so i went back to find what id so carefully written was GONE!! so now im grumpy

any way, i was trying to say...has anyone ever tried hydrogen peroxide as a substitute for NOS?

im not even going to start explaining what makes me want to try this again(after it just vanished and ive no guarantee this wont either?), lets just say that it makes sense if you know about engines.... and nos, and intercoolers and detonation;)

and i just tried them smileys out and :+o means embarrassed? what the? there should be some universal smiley system in place....

normally:eek: means :eek:

Last edited:
does this mean you have a nos setup on a minibike? what for and does it work?

hmmm isnt it a liquid?
how do u propose to get it into the combustion chamber?
its an strong oxidizing agent so i don't think the carby would like that?

all I have to say is don't get hydrogen peroxide in your eyes...it burns, it burns! X(

It may actually work. It is sometimes used as the oxidizer part of a bipropellant rocket.

I've lost posts when I've hit send too ... and it's fricken' annoying ... What you need to do is copy everything you type as you go ... or at least copy the message BEFORE you hit send ... That way it's still there and can be easily reposted ... Another way is to type detailed posts out in a hotmail message sent to yourself ... then copy or cut it and post it in a thread ... That way you can also re access the info in the future instead of having to search for it ... Especially like in my case ... sometimes I can't get onto Mini Riders for days on end ... and get cut off while typing out a post and can't get back on ... So I end up traitoring off to Planet Minis ...

I've found that Firefox blocks most of the fields on the Miniriders site (QUOTE etc) ... plus it blocks me from leaving feedback on ebay ... So if I go to MR or Ebay from Internet Exlporer ... there's NO problems ...

As a precaution , I even copied THIS post before attempting to send it ... and IF it fails and I get cut off it'll get sent to myself in an email ... LOL ...

^^i run firefox and ive never had any of the problems your having......but a while ago i couldn't get onto the site and if i did it would only last about 20min and it would stuff up but now its fine haven't had a problem in months:)

I've used Firefox for years without any dramas on eBay or MiniRiders :S

haha this thread is a lil off topic now but firefox is good at remembering things... BUT i just wrote this and the miniriders server must swap out or something and i have 2 use a proxy to access miniriders!

Ebay first informed me that it was Firefox when I contacted their live help line because there was no "leave feedback" field or provisions to rate the seller so I couldn't leave feedback at all when on Firefox and STILL can't ... At the time I thought the guy was FOS ... UNTIL I gave what he said a go ... I actually deleted Firefox off the computer and only had IE ... That's when all the fields returned on ebay and also on MR ... I'm on Firefox ATM and the only option I have is to "post quick reply" or "go advanced" down at the bottom of the page ... There's no quote , delete post , edit post or anything else . otherwise I'd have fixed my (Internet Exlporer ) stuff up in my previous post ...

Back on topic ...

[QUOTE ... " any way, i was trying to say...has anyone ever tried hydrogen peroxide as a substitute for NOS?"] ... Most people would use that to dye their hair blonde ... so I don't think too many people will admit that they've got bottles of it lying around ... Maybe it'd make the plug appear to be running lean ...

Maybe I'm already on a POXY server ??????? ...

maybe the new forum got a blocker against stupid posts....who freaking cares if you put the stuff your girlfriend get blond from ,in your mini...grrrr...try it and you be wiser!!...try banana juice also...a little monkey told me its the shizznit!!

Last edited:
A nip of v8 veggie juice in your fuel acts as valve cleaner. Wearing g-strings whilst racing stops monkey butt but peroxide? Mybe...

wow! this is way off track lol...youre gunna eat dirt boy!!!!!

ok, the guy that said peroxide is used as the oxidant in liquid fuel rockets, thumbs up, the catalyst used to get the oxygen to split off is silver im told... they also use nearly 100% stuff, and, according to glendale packaging, i need special permits to obtain it over 33%... but being experimental, i can make nearly pure stuff:eek: though i was only planning on regular 3 or 6% from the chemist...

the guy that laughs cause its what his missus needs to appear more attractive, well... lol

i say this...ever tried making acetone peroxide? virtually the most powerful explosive ever made?
i have, and your anti terrorism laws can go and get stuffed...it is nasty stuff and not for the faint hearted... and takes less than a day with readily available chemicals...i shall not say which ones, but you can probably guess two of them from the name...

as to nos...um, i spent a night with a large bottle of medical grade nos... if you blow it through a cigarette, prepare to be amazed... but havent bothered using it on a bike yet...you need the carbs with a choke that richens the mix, not cut the airflow:eek: according to "monkeyrun.co.uk", a fiat 500 carb bolts straight on, is a downdraught, and richens the mix on choke:eek:

um, and, h202, or peroxide, being a liquid...heard of an atomiser? simple pump and some irrigation fittings...i think im going to blow my old briggsy mower up this weekend... lol

i shall report my findings, never fear:eek:

wrong forum here for you,Pal...maybe try blowmyselfupwitharocket.com;):p

just so you know, mountain goat, i did a google search...appears im not the only person capable of thinking outside the square.

Halfbakery: Hydrogen Peroxide Injection

next time, try experimenting instead of talking shit and slagging people off....
i was merely suggesting an idea... but then, god loves idiots and flies...he makes a lot of them:)

Latest posts

Back