Anyone got a CHP 175cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgv4play

Reaction score
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone has a chpmoto 175cc max hp engine or the pitpro 175cc, i got one a couple weeks ago to replace my lifan 140 in my motovert rx, man its got some power, i am running 17 39 gearing and still pulling power wheelies in 2nd gear, the box appears to be pretty close ratio as i am maxing out at 104k's in about 120-150mtrs, the lifan 140cc would hit 109k's but take much longer to get there also the engine tone indicated that i was not at max rpm's(the 140 didn't have enough power to rev to top rpm in final drive) but this new 175 sounds like it would grenade if held open, anyways i thought i would see if anyone has been running one for a while or has done any mods, whats reliability like etc.

cheers
jimbo

dunno bout the chp one but mines been good

it's near 12 months old and have only just done piston and rings and that was just a freshen up

i think i need to replace some clutch plates there a bit slippy

but the engine itself haul's ass i reckon

there the same engine as in the new cini cx175 bike, and the revmx 175 and i think yamoto just brought one out. all use the new z155 bottom end but the china factories use their selection of bore kit and assemble it themselves
you can also buy these engines from dhz. so they have been around for a while now..

where did you buy yours from?

i bought mine from yamoto after testing it in their new ttr styled midi, couldn't believe the power snap, i wanted to get one of ken but i had cash burning a hole in my wallet and when i seen the breakdown of the chp and the parts they use in their kit (plus yamoto had it in stock) i had to have it that day. i have also been contemplating getting the chp 4 valve head to try on it, but as i have only done 60k's on this motor i will wait a while before i try to extract some more power from it. great to hear yours has been going for a year and only needing a fresh piston and rings.

also do these motors require the v2 head swap to get the most or do you think it may have already been done?

also was incredibly easy to switch the ignition to an adjustable semi digital ignition with lighting and charge coil to run all my ancillaries. if anyone was thinking of mounting one into a rx, dax or monkey thats all thats needed.

Zonger bottom, but with YX stroke? Alibaba big bore. I'd fuzz-up that piston pic too, if trying to peddle that ugly casting with skirt milled off. Stock valve sizes, and head from the looks. V2 likely won't clear the notches. I'm sure some will love them and no offense to those who do, but I'd prefer a stocker with an upgrade to TB 64mm kit with spigoted jug and higher quality slug, V2 head. If case boring for the 66mm forged Wiseco and steel sleeve and a real Tak +R is out...

Pre-chopped $18 piston, as used in BBR 160 kit for stock-head KLX.
5968_100521000757.jpg

As for the 4V kit... Waste of time. Poorly made Kitaco copy. Valve adjustment requires shims. Ports and valves are too small. Cam profile way wrong. I've gone through several, and not impressed. A V2 kills it and has way more piston selection.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^
your funy man who gives a sh1t about the owner builder or manufacturer
your opinion is as valid here as anyone else and everyone has differant experiences you have no need to apologize for what you beleive.......

the zonga 175 is a great motor for what you get in stock form and the g/box well the coke cans can only take so much i'd love to see this setup "TB 64mm kit with spigoted jug and higher quality slug, V2 head" it would be a tuff top end i'd expect

and yeah you need to chuck the tb bore kit on the zonga to run the v2 head which is a bummer but hey.
the fight for horse power still lives on:)

i find it funny how chp show 2 different bbk's for there 175 engines..
1.kit with long skirt piston
2.kit with short or no skirt piston..

they clearly dont have a clue themselves which leads me to believe that they dont actually assemble them..

another thing that baffles me is they have used a 63mm kit so no case boring is needed BUT they use a skirtless cylinder....WTF!!! (obviously made for a genuine klx engine)

another thing... ok if there using a skirted piston (as pictured) in any of there 175 engines then they would HAVE to use a skirted cylinder.. the piston would come out the bottom of the bore to far.. specially with a 57mm stroke

oh and thats the other thing iv wondered.. do they actually use a yx160 crank?
Terry have you actually had one of these engines pulled down and measured?

**edit**

i forgot to mention that a V2 is do-able on these engines with these pistons, you just need to fly cut the piston.
but unfortunately there's not a lot of machine shops around that will put there hand up to do it even tho they do it on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Sure, with enough Dr Guff's, you can accomplish a lot, but still end up with a shiny turd.

9-22-10004.jpg

Fixed up, proper;)

8dd9008e.jpg

Sure, with enough Dr Guff's, you can accomplish a lot, but still end up with a shiny turd.

9-22-10004.jpg

Fixed up, proper;)

8dd9008e.jpg

Sean, I've not had a CHP engine pass through the shop. I buy new stock YX 160's to base all my builds on. Zonger, once in a while, when I find a deal.

Spigot-less jug, with a skirted piston will run, just pulls the skirt out at the bottom. I'd fear it would wipe/scrape the oil, though. Yeah, KLX kit leftovers. Me & them got no clue what they're up to, it seems...

Latest posts

Back