As01 Forks!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5-415.jpg

6-415.jpg

true that^^^^;) :D^...besides that its much easier to work with the DNM guys...Jez ,today I got another weird email from TDR...I don´t get this people...:(

Last edited:
Cactus Jack
Man 178 mm ... that's wide .... What sized bearings fit the steering shaft ??????

I was able to press out the stem on my as-01 triple clamps and press it back in to the new clamps. No machining reqired thank god, so i still get to use my over the top price gold plated crf bearings.:D

themountain, did your forks arrive? ive been talking to him and he told me theres a 8-12day period where they have to customize the forks to suit your application.... cause i got a quote of mine for a set of as01rcp+ and a MT-BAG rear shock....

oic, thats a bummer wanted to see how good they really are. well i hope my transaction goes smooth :)

themountain, did your forks arrive? ive been talking to him and he told me theres a 8-12day period where they have to customize the forks to suit your application.... cause i got a quote of mine for a set of as01rcp+ and a MT-BAG rear shock....

Yeah well wait 'til mine get delivered first before doing anything ...... otherwise you'll suffer from anxious "period" pains in the meantime ...... :p

Maybe they need the 8 to 12 days to MAKE the friggers ..... and use slow drying paint :eek:

I paid via paypal on the 28th of April ...... and he says he sent them on the 4th ..... they're still not here yet ........ so the hot air balloons must have encountered strong head winds ...... they were supposed to be sent via EMS ..... it's also possible that they're being held up by customs .....

Last edited:
if they are through TDR johnson tell him to take them back!

if hes actually gonna send them to you.

[email protected] ( li zi xie ) ... aka TDR-johnson

It's OK .... I'm a veteran at buying from overseas via paypal and know how to word things so that I win everytime without a glitch when it comes to getting a refund ...... IF the deal turns out to be a dud and paypal tries to cop out on a refund .... I'll simply chargeback thru the credit card provider on the grounds of fraud ....

I put this info on the paypal transaction and have saved every single email sent and received .....

Ebay Item number: 15023xxxxxx ~ 3 x 3M Graphics kits / Brand New 730 mm AS-01 RCP forks (black) , brake disc , special axle , spacers , front brake system plus EMS postage .

The extra $393.68 AUD is for the agreed to additional items as stated below :

NEW FASTACE -AS01RCP :263.00 AUD ( Black 730 mm distance)
15MM axle: 4.68AUD
SPACERS: 1.00AUD
Disc brake KIT :25.00AUD (210 mm round disc to suit caliper )
POSTAGE:100.00AUD (insured EMS)

I only ask because I know TDR do not have any AS01 forks in stock but im not sure about tdr johnson. If he had to order them direct then Fastace tend to take there time with small orders. If they havent left China yet then I also hear the earthquake may slow up some things but I cant confirm that.

Im very interested to hear how it all goes and how the forks are.

Good luck

Well being deceitful about shipping dates , failing to send via the agreed to insured method etc comes under the term "fraud" ......

^^^^smart man^^^^

Too many people let themselves get ripped off simply by not knowing the right way to purchase overseas and how to protect themselves.

Last edited:
I call it the "G-String" policy ...... the minimum required to cover your ass ....

As I've stated before ... everything else he sent me was precisely as described and I was happy with it ...... even the "ASV" levers ..... one guy had an alloy kick start lever fail ...... but just like alloy frames ..... I wouldn't trust ANY alloy kick start lever that didn't have the word "Forged" or "Drop forged" in the sellers description .....

Kick start levers are under a lot of strain on 4 strokes so you wouldn't even rely on a cast or mild steel lever if you have any idea of metallurgy ....... I know from experience that the turn in levers that swivel at the bottom can fail right at the swivel point ..... that's why I've steered clear of any alloy lever ..... In my view , alloy levers are a short lifed thing ....... just like forged alloy conrods in drag car engines (BRC etc) ..... they have a short life and limited usage , then are throw away jobs .... BUT they are cheaper than heat treated forged , billet steel or titanium rods .... (such as Carillo , Crower etc) ... Somehow the pit bike scene has it all ass up ..... :p

A kick start lever needs to (at the very least) be made be of decent grade "spanner" quality material for max strength ...... so ask yourself .... How many alloy spanners have you seen ?????? The ONLY grade of alloy I've seen that comes close is duralumin ....

Duralumin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can also look at it from the point of view that it's better to have the alloy lever break during a kick back rather than your engines internals or cases ....... it's much easier to bolt a new lever on ........

Last edited:
Getting back to AS-01 forks ...... has anyone noticed how they all have variances in the pics between Dirt riders forks and those shown in I-Thumps pics ???? Even the DNM's show different clamps ... :confused:

His have black coated sliders and I-Thumps show chromed sliders .... Fast Ace states on their website that they have chromoly sliders so it makes sense that they'd be hard chromed rather than black ..... They show different triple clamps and fork feet ?????? That's what threw me off when I was looking around for a set in OZ and led me to buy mine off TDR-johnson ..... How do you really know what's fake and what's real ????? Fast Ace needs to get rid of that dopey CGI pic on their website and show pics of the real things .... you need to see the genuine originals to know if what you are buying is the real deal .......

When enquiring about AS-O1's .... Elstars told me that their gold AS-01's had black coated sliders ..... as far as I'm concerned steel sliders should be hard chromed ..... just like any other hydraulic ram ......

The truth is out there ..... maybe someone can enlighten us ....... Mulder or Scully ?? ...... not Mouldy and Sculler .......

If my AS-01 RCP forks don't show up I'll hunt for a set of 735 mm DNM's next time ......

Last edited:
i still got those dnm forks if your after them,

and i too was talking to elstars one day about the as01 forks, he said the black coating was a nonstick coating and if the forks dont have them then there fake, but that about all the info i have gotten from anybody, seems like theres not much around as these are relatively new on the market and lots of people have been having fittment issues.

Well Elstars was supposed to send me pics of their forks but after I sent some pics to them and asked if they take paypal all contact vanished ...... I've never heard from them again ... When paying out that much money I don't like the idea of giving out credit card details over the phone , sending money orders , internet bank transfer OR not being able to pick the items up in the flesh and pay in cash ...... if anything goes wrong you've got more problems than a naked 4 year old boy trapped in a monastary ......

tubes ... you said your forks were 700's which are too short for my frames ......

Anyway ... TDR-Johnson has finally contacted me with an EMS tracking number and pics of what he's sending ......

I've also sent emails and the pics off to ....

Taiwan contact : [email protected]

China contact : [email protected]

Hi , I am from Australia and am Cactus Jack on Mini Riders Forum ...... We are trying to find out how we can tell if Fast Ace AS-O1 RCP Forks are genuine or false .....

Are the chromoly sliding parts chrome (silver) looking OR black coated ????? There are what appears to be AS-01 RCP forks with both black AND chromed (silver) sliders ...... so we are confused ....

Members want to know how they can buy the REAL GENUINE AS-01's and avoid buying fake copies which would give people the wrong impression that AS-01's are no good ......

Thank you for any help you can give us ..... pictures of genuine forks showing the sliders would be very helpful as the picture on your website doesn't show much ..... Have A Nice Day !

Do these forks look genuine to you ???

Heres the pics TDR-Johnson sent me :

FastAceAS-01RCPForks7.jpg

FastAceAS-01RCPForks6.jpg

AS-01Forks1.jpg

This is a new pic of fork legs shown on the TDR website :

GenuineFastAceAS-01RCP.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back