Atomik motocross getting recreation registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! I'd really like to see it too. I think 250 for a kit that just bolts on is pretty good value. I'm sure you could do it cheaper if you did all the work yourself, but for me, I'd pay 250 to be able to take my bike out bush and not worry about getting fined etc.

PLUS... you could always take that rec reg and put it on other bikes if you had them. wouldn't be hard.

Love to see some pics. Ih ave a Pitpro 125RR that I was thinking of getting rec reg for.

there are a few pics towards the start of the thread, page 3-5 maybe!??

Does anyone know if the Pitpro rec reg kit will fit straight onto an Atomik RS (mine) 125 or Motox(brothers)?

I remember getting rec reg for my old KDX200 and it really was a joke. The lights didn't work, the chain guard would have fallen off if they wheeled the bike around and the mirror and horn got passed from one bike to another. Seriously, who needs a mirror in the bush? The horn only needs to be a clown style honk honk horn! Hehe.

i have an atomik AX, seems rare on these forums so far.
i have all the gear except wires for wiring and the voltage rectifier, i am unsure as to how to approach this. the only wires coming out of the engine are to the kill switch is this what you tap into to for the ac current. this directly or am i missing something......???

P1020611.jpg

P1020610.jpg

you can see in the pics the mirror folded back on the handle bars so i dont break it and my horn switched was removed but horn is still there.
The plate isnt mounted where it should be, it is supposed to be under the rear light but it stuck out way too far so i put it on the back of the seat. Rego sticker is in a cover, cable tied to cables behind head light so its out of the way but i can get it out iff need be.

yeh umm i dunno?? doesnt look too smashing... why do u just get a road/trail ey??

yeh umm i dunno?? doesnt look too smashing... why do u just get a road/trail ey??

why? because i got it new for $500, they cost nothing to repair and i dont want a big bike.

i think it looks kool man, tryin 2 get my lights set up

UAV

Looks the goods mate! well done!! really like the little rear light.. wouldnt stress about the numberplate position as lou see ALOT of road rego trail bikes with the plate the same way.. as long as its displayed and securely attatched i think you will be fine!

Mine

Keep us updated mate, load up pics when you get it set-up so we can have a few different variations of the way guys have done their rec rego.

Thanks for the pics and info guys. Keep up the good work.

just wondering what you guys spent on a voltage rectifier
i'm been looking up and went to a wreckers for one, the wreckers was 50! and laughed cause i said it was a bit pricey. ebays postage is 35 @ least without taking into account price of it

UVA...
hey man ..what sort of bike is that...I know my 'jap bikes ' but not these new thumpers,and can this be done to a bike that is just kick start ,not electric start ?

Thanks for the info
timmey

Last edited:
awsome work guys

im in qld and am in the midst of getting rec reg also will post here soon as i no what the go is

from what i have read on the qld transport sit about rec reg i or we dont even need lights and such if bike is only to be riddin between sunrise and sun set
ill be onto them tonmorrow about this and will post back here soon as i know something

from what i know you are able to wire up for kick starters, thats what i am trying to do. the problem is getting a voltage rectifier which i am still in the process of doing, to turn the ac voltage that the bike output's into dc. for the lights

ok all you QLDers out there

here's the run down on rec reg for your pitty

you must hold a current motor bike licence for your bike {i have 1 allready}
thats for third part insurance

next all you need do is get the propper forms from qld transport
or D/L em there on the web site

fill em in and awy you go cost is 65 bucks

now all you can do is ride in the bush no streets no parks

daytime only unless you have fitted all the lights and shit

easy peasy hu

you just have to sing a disclaimer about your bike
IE ; engine No. frame No. how many cylinders and such
no inspection requried

peace of piss

UVA...
hey man ..what sort of bike is that...I know my 'jap bikes ' but not these new thumpers,and can this be done to a bike that is just kick start ,not electric start ?

Thanks for the info
timmey

my bike is just a pitpro 125 with no stickers. it doesnt have electric start, i put a voltage rectifier on the bike conected to the wires coming from the engine as a power source for the lights

Thanks UVA...I want to do this to a moto-cross bike,maybe a kx 250 /rm 250,as I want to get back into riding again ....

Booked in for my licence and getting my bikes rec reg'd ASAP. Thanks to all the research of miniriders out there what a great step forward for all of us .
Hats off!

Latest posts

Back