Atomik motocross getting recreation registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah no worries at all Skin! What area u from!?? can PM me i fya dont wana post up any details. Will try to get my @rse into gear and organise this ride day ;)

id like to see ur rear brake set up. would be helpful. thanks

for any1 else who doesnt have an electric start bike like mine ive done sum research to figure out the power. just gotta test it and then il let u know. hopefully by saturday so please be patient
thanks

You cant get registration for pit bike unless they comply with (ADR) Australian design rules. so even if you put lights and all the other stuff on the RTA wont register it cause it dose not have a compliance plate and atomik bike do not have one. to get a compliance plate cost $15,000 and would be better for a bike company to do this cause they have the dosh. they would get it checked once and then they would be able to design a bike that would comply with ADR. I have been told that there is a new dirt bike company comming out who are going to sell bikes that can be registed called Fusion Power Products, tryed looking for their website but havent found anything yet.

You cant get registration for pit bike unless they comply with (ADR) Australian design rules. so even if you put lights and all the other stuff on the RTA wont register it cause it dose not have a compliance plate and atomik bike do not have one. to get a compliance plate cost $15,000 and would be better for a bike company to do this cause they have the dosh. they would get it checked once and then they would be able to design a bike that would comply with ADR. I have been told that there is a new dirt bike company comming out who are going to sell bikes that can be registed called Fusion Power Products, tryed looking for their website but havent found anything yet.

Dude read the rest of the thread and you'll understand what recreational registration means.

I'll post up pics of my brake setup sometime soon - essentially I have just screwed a bolt into the exhaust guard and mounted it on there.

compliance plates are for pole smokers, so are ADR's.

oh and this is about victoria, rta is for nsw :p

ive bought myself a voltage rectifier (the elec start bikes already have one) for $15 which means i can now run all my stuff straight off the motor. im figuring out my wiring and stuff now so as soon as ive done that i will post sum wiring diagrams and sum pics of lights and stuff. im very busy so u may have to wait a little while

Hey Ninetysix, yeah it turns out that its just this screwed up state, NSW and seams they just want to be pricks and kill all the fun. So there you go, if you live in NSW, too bad. Say, hows life living in vic?

Hey Ninetysix, yeah it turns out that its just this screwed up state, NSW and seams they just want to be pricks and kill all the fun. So there you go, if you live in NSW, too bad. Say, hows life living in vic?

We still have a useless Labor government... :)

sif you would want ted ballieu calling the shots ;) im happy to pay a little more for speeding fines because the rates in my EBA mean i can afford them

i got my 125 yz rec reg 20 years ago took it to a bike shop inlower plenty, i left it with him he put lights on it took it to the local cop shop and i got my plates and then took the lights off, when i got pulled up by the boys on there honda 250 they couldent do anything he was pissed due to me not stopping and i was fine ever since no moore fines.

wot did u do about ur VIN number?
talked to vic roads and they said i need proof of origin and import approval! wot the hell do i need that stuff for?
wot did u do?

i think an invoice for the bike form who ever you bought it off would do the trick.

hey are the headlights and tail lights powered by the engine or are they battery powered? i have an IRK and nothing to hook lights up to, i thought you could use battery powered lights but a bike shop told me today it has to be powered by a 'self generated' power source... dont know if its right tho

i think an invoice for the bike form who ever you bought it off would do the trick.

hey are the headlights and tail lights powered by the engine or are they battery powered? i have an IRK and nothing to hook lights up to, i thought you could use battery powered lights but a bike shop told me today it has to be powered by a 'self generated' power source... dont know if its right tho

well weve got an invoice for the bikes with an engine number and VIN on it but vic roads reckons that the vin has to be registered by the people who imported it for it to work. i think its just crap. im wanting to hear from SKINTAG to see wot he did

i have my lights running off the engine. ive got a pitpro 125 and all u need to get is a voltage rectifier that plugs into the spare wires coming out ur engine. it turns the 40~V into DC12V so u can use it for lights and stuff. altho mine only seems to put out 7V for sum reason. might be my dodgy wiring lol

thing is, i've put an IRK on and now it doesnt have the spare wires comming out.... not sure if what ever is comming off the stator could even supply enough juice for lights and the coil?

wots and IRK? a different stator or sumthing. there should be stacks of volts coming off the stator. but itl be AC voltage. just put a multi meter on the wires going to ur coil.

how many wires u got coming out ur engine?

irk=internal rotor kit..
skintag showed his invoice from atomik to vicroads, think its on page 3...

search is helpful..:)

Im a mate of shortys, The problem is that when you ring up vic roads to book in for your inspection they ask for your engine num and your vin number. Our vin number isnt coming up on vic roads computer so they are saying they cant regester it. Im in the middle of getting ( dirt bikes online) the guys i bought my bike off, to put the vin numbers on vic roads registery. Pain in the arse, but ive done all the wiring just need to book the inspection but they wont let me until they can identify the bike. It is way stupid especially since your bike dosent need any sort of road worthy, just two wheels and lights!

Im a mate of shortys, The problem is that when you ring up vic roads to book in for your inspection they ask for your engine num and your vin number. Our vin number isnt coming up on vic roads computer so they are saying they cant regester it. Im in the middle of getting ( dirt bikes online) the guys i bought my bike off, to put the vin numbers on vic roads registery. Pain in the arse, but ive done all the wiring just need to book the inspection but they wont let me until they can identify the bike. It is way stupid especially since your bike dosent need any sort of road worthy, just two wheels and lights!

Just kick up a fuss ; say you'll write to the transport minister. If their systems can't recognise your bike, this is not your responsibility. It is a Vic Roads system issue only.

My bike only had a 14 digit VIN when the usual number is 17. They can still enter it. I'm not even sure if it was recognised on their database (possibly was because I think at the time they said there were about 3 Atomiks with rec reg.)

Latest posts

Back