Atomik nitrous 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh mate sprayed filter with the foam oil pray and used choke :-/
Gave it a good 6 or more kicks with no result .

Try putting your hand over the mouth of the carb (where your airfilter would normally go) so it seels it, then kick it over lightly. It'll create a vacuum, and get any small blockages out of your carb.

Back to basics
1)check fuel by pulling the fuel hose of the carb, if iteaks you've got fuel.
2) check for spark, pull the spark plug out of the motor and the attach the lead and place the plug on the motor where it is viewable, give it a few kicks and you should see spark. (much easier if done in a dark room.

My pit bike wouldn't start when I first got it.. I Didn't have the chocke on. Anyway haha castrol oil is the most pos oil ever.. Stay away frm it, everyone that i know that's mechanicaly minded has told me to stay away from castrol oil.. Get sme penrite oil, as far as mineral and synthetics go.. Use the mineral stuff untill ou have run it because sinthetic suposeabley stops the runnin in prosess? ( So I hve heard )

Last edited:
If you changed your oil to synthetic before running it in or starting it you could have a problem..

Cool thanx , umm ending up getting it started but would only start if I give it a little throttle at the same time.
Started and died a few times and then had it running for a abit took choke off and it was fine.
I know it's not good to start with throttle but why won't it start just normally with the choke on and no extra throttle?

is the idle speed ok once it's warmed up ?
if not, have you tried raising the idle ?

you might just need to adjust the mixtures on the carby to get it running sweet

do you have any pics of it ?

Yeh seems to idle ok once the choke is off. Still will only start with a little extra throttle when I kick , is that bad? Will it damage the motor , I'll try to give as little throttle as possible to get it started or should I try something else ?
Yeh I have pics but I can't seem to add any from my iPhone ? I click on the photo option add photo then it won't let me post it . ?
Bike looks so good haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
start it up, warm it a bit

then raise the idle speed up to about 1800 rpms by turning the central screw in (with the spring on it)
now turn the flat head screw up near the fuel inlet where the hose joins the carby
screw it out a 1/4 turn, listen to the way the engine runs, you want to adjust it so you get the highest/smoothest rpms
try turning it out another 1/4, if the revs drop then turn it back in again
you can fine tune it again after 10 seconds or so running, it needs to settle after each adjustment.
once you are happy, turn the central idle speed screw back out until the revs are back to normal idle speed.
give it a few blips revs and see how it sounds.

now take the bike for a ride and see how it goes.
if you need to fine tune it now, just go a slight turn each time (1/16th) and try it again

Thanx heaps mate that's some great accurate info , will give it a try tomorow morning .
Will this help it start without needing to give it extra throttle when I kick it over?
Once is going the revs and everything seems fine but insure it could be tuned to a better mixture . This forum is great I've Learned so much since I've bought my 1st bike a few weeks ago.
I tell you this bike feels like a dream compared to my 125cc tdr :)

yeah it should make it start easier, and run a bit better too.
the Molkt Carbys are a bit so-so, hopefully you have a good one.

Ah k cool cheers,yeh gonna upgrade very soon to a oko 26mm flatside carby with uni filter. Good choice ?

Latest posts

Back