Bearing Case in wheel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Help!
How can i get this out?! Last time i had an oxy which i dont have anymore....
And no - i don't have access to a welder either!
Please help....
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-22 at 10.05.35 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-09-22 at 10.05.35 AM.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 20
Pop the bearing out of the other side and use a punch and hammer and punch that outer bearing shell back out

It hasnt got an edge i can punch against though - if there is one there, its a super slim edge that the punch keeps slipping off

Die grinder is pretty much the only other way to get it out. Grind it down until its thin enough that you can bust it out.

diegrinder would take you all day to get through the case hardened bearing shell.

+1 for punching it through from the other side.
just knock the other bearing on the opposite side out first, like what was posted above by DHZ XR8cing..
there weill be at least 2mm of the bearings' shell visible on the inside of the hub.
the spacers float inbetween the bearings, but seeeing as you have punched the centre out of one already, the spacer will have fallen out and there will be nothing in the way.

if you cant get it out yourself then i guess you'll have to pay a mechanic to tap it out for you

diegrinder would take you all day to get through the case hardened bearing shell.

+1 for punching it through from the other side.
just knock the other bearing on the opposite side out first, like what was posted above by DHZ XR8cing..
there weill be at least 2mm of the bearings' shell visible on the inside of the hub.
the spacers float inbetween the bearings, but seeeing as you have punched the centre out of one already, the spacer will have fallen out and there will be nothing in the way.

if you cant get it out yourself then i guess you'll have to pay a mechanic to tap it out for you

Die grinder is easy, you need to start cutting on an angle and keep working on that one cut until your either thru the shell or close enough,then hit it with a flat head screwdriver and it will over come out or fracture releasing pressure and then being able to move it quite freely.

Very good....Thanks so much for your help guys.

Went the welding and nut option.

I couldnt punch it out from the other end as there wasnt enough wall of the bearing case to latch onto.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back