Best Flatslide Carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
OKO 30mm carby

i was wondering if i could fit this carby to my bike (pitster pro x4r), it has a crack on the top nozzle and i think some parts are missing, it is a used carby and is a bit dirty, could someone please tell me what i need to do to get this carby on my bike, also what size filter fits on this carby.IMG_20130104_181755.jpg

i would say it's too big for your bike, you may never get it running right

go a 26mm OKO, a much easier carby to tune and is a proven setup on the GPX 160's

when i bought my bike the guy threw in a 30mm oko for free, what should i do with it?

sell it in the classifieds on here for $60 and your half way to an oko 26

Put a bit of chewy in the throat, that should knock off 4mil

Or thread through a piece of wire through 2 holes in the main jet (somebody on the forum did this a little while ago) which will choke it up a bit and it might work?

OKO vs Keihin

What is a better carby for a GPX 160, the 26mm OKO flatslide or the Keihin PE28?

keihin is way better, oko is a copy of the PWK keihin.
have the pwk on my lxr, best carby i've used. my friend has an oko 28 and he cant get it to work correctly (dud one we reckon)

oko is a good carby just not quite as good as a keihin.

The PWK is a flatslide carby which gives you a much sharper power curve (kind of like comparing a 2smoke power curve to a 4stroke) In theory making it better for track riding as it gives it an on/off type function whereas the PE give alot more mid-range feel.

pwk i perfer, been a flatslide they have more snappy power which i perfer.
pwk is around $200-$220
pe is a round slide so its more mellow power. still opened up my 160 when it was one alot but started having issues with it later on.
tb on is an alright carby. not many use it.

Latest posts

Back