Best Flatslide Carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes.. but needs a rubber adapter. same as the oko and pe.
you can buy them from DHZ for rubber adapter and oko, Classic honda 50s for pe. pwk from kawasaki.

this line below the header makes me think it is genuine- GUARANTEED 100% GENUINE PRODUCT
it says it in another 2x places in the listing too

be carful there is two different types i looked right into it when i got mine for my daytona ...

Theres one made in thailand with a non adjustable needle . One is made in japan with an adjustable needle im not too sure how far the differences go beyond that ?? but i noticed mine doesn't look like that on on ebay either .... I brought mine through DHZ its an actual keihin pe 28 daytona carb

That one you put a link to looks fake to me .. fuel bowl doesn't have a 17mm hex drain plug , casting looks rather odd and shiny and the idle screw isn't right either also cable choke ??? dunno im no expert but like i said mines nothing like that and mines genuine from japan

Last edited:
Nope not genuine... Well not compared to the one i just pulled out of a genuine Keihin box anyway (straight from DHZ) I'll chuck up picks of mine tommorow, im too tired now and goin to bed :)

Not sure about the Akunar, if it looks like this you should be on the right track.
IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

The honda pes have a plastic clip that wears if ure paying under 150 then chances are its not the good one. pwk is the go but will cost 200 plus.

Sweet, can't wait to hook the thing up to the back of the 184 :) (bloody american air-freight making me wait..)

Should haul ass big time mate cant wait to hear about it .

There easy carbs to tune and so smooth and nice through the rev range . I tried both the flatslide and the pe28 and i prefer the throttle curve of the pe28 alot more ...other ppl will beg to differ though . I guess its personal pref at the end of the day

I can't ride the pit bike like i can with my full size 2smoke, so i think the smoother curve + the s25 rather than 35 cam should give me a nice smooth engine, i'll leave the snappy power for the 250 :)

Can someone confirm if the akunar PE28 is genuine?

I couldn't tell you mate the picture on the website is garbage cant see the fuel bowl properly or the other side of the carb ... but if its the version made in thailand its not the same as the one me and Tim have ..ours are both made in Japan brought from DHZ in Australia

P.S All the ones on eBay atm are copies .

Last edited:
Hmm, is the PE28 worth the price difference compared to the OKO 26mm?

The way i see it is that if you are looking at doing other enigine upgrades in the future then deffinately get the PE, if you are goin to leave it a stock 160 then stick with the OKO. Thats what id do anyway.

The way i see it is that if you are looking at doing other enigine upgrades in the future then deffinately get the PE, if you are goin to leave it a stock 160 then stick with the OKO. Thats what id do anyway.

Right on the money Timeeh couldn't of said it better myself

Re: OKO vs Keihin

I think I will be getting a PE, after doing some mods the 26 OKO has served its purpose and is giving me the ****s, just gotta get the 184 kit first then the PE, another half a grand. Come to think of it this bike has had a ridiculous amount spent on it over time and is worth more to me than my Ute mmmm.

Latest posts

Back