Best Flatslide Carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Harry 100% on this one.

What's the point of going 184 and V2 if you are going to mellow the power out with a PE Carby?

You want to get the most from your combo so PWK all the way IMO. Much better carb.

Re: OKO vs Keihin

I'm with Harry 100% on this one.

What's the point of going 184 and V2 if you are going to mellow the power out with a PE Carby?

You want to get the most from your combo so PWK all the way IMO. Much better carb.

It does mellow out the curve you don't loose power... it got rid of the annoying twitchy throttle it just gave me a more linear throttle curve and better all round power.... Instead of the on off effect that a pwk had which I never liked there both as good as each other once dialed in they just have a different effect on how the power comes on.

You will get the most from your combo with either carb Tim its personal pref on how you like the power to come on as you wind the throttle back

I've had plenty of experience with both setups its a matter of what you like

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
It does mellow out the curve you don't loose power... it got rid of the annoying twitchy throttle it just gave me a more linear throttle curve and better all round power.... Instead of the on off effect that a pwk had which I never liked there both as good as each other once dialed in they just have a different effect on how the power comes on.

You will get the most from your combo with either carb Tim its personal pref on how you like the power to come on as you wind the throttle back

I've had plenty of experience with both setups its a matter of what you like

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Ahh ok. Just looks like a KX80 carb or something as the PWK reminds me of a big bike 4 stroke carb. I never thought the power was too on or off for me. Nothing a bit of clutch can't fix.

Will keep that in mind for the 2nd LXR build. haha :)

On another note, how is Tapatalk 2 dude? Been meaning to get it so would love some feedback.

everyone is right to an extent! haha it makes it a smother power. But.... i still believe i got a slight gain in power also going from the pe to pwk. which you normally do with flatties!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but .... Kx's have PWK's on them lol i have a stock 85 2006 in my garage.

Dont get me wrong im not a PWK hater there great carbs it actually worked excellent on my z160ho just not so great on the Anima 150f it was a bastard ! Since the change ive got better results out of the PE hands down super easy to tune , really smooth idle and transition and still has that punch when you need it .

Lovin Tapatalk 2 mate keeps me entertained when im bored at work .. works flawless too no issues at all :)

Sweet man. Appreciate the Tappatalk feedback.

Think I will just get both for the new LXR and do a bit of testing myself.

I missed out on 2 x 30mm PWK's on ebay 2 weeks ago :( Sold for $160 for both......(didn't think the wife would apprieciate more money spent on the bike ATM)

since the OKO is a copy of the PWK does it provide the same power?

The best comparison i can think of is the OKO is anthony mundine and the PWK is Daniel Geale. Sure they are both Aboriginal and both boxers (i use this term loosely) but Mundine (the OKO) is deffinately inferior to Geale in both skill and at being a human :p Or Another comparison James Hetfield (PWK) to Justin Beiber (OKO) Again sure they are both singers (again this term gets used loosely) but I know who i would prefer to listen too (I do hope you agree that bieber is inferior). If this still doesn't make sense, the short answer is NO.

What timmeh said, good example

The pwk I think is a better carby more reliable and lasts along time. And it's off a Kawasaki ;) I like Kawasaki
My oko is good but its only the 26mm on my gpx. Like I mentioned before a lot of people have had issues with the 28mm, some are difficult to tune.
I had the pe28 on my stock yx160 and it opened it up heaps, ran million times better. Had it on my current engine with the v2 race head and it was ok
It's really personal perfernce, oko is a good carby but not as good as the keihin

AS the boys mentioned Yep either the PE or PWK ive used both and both great carbys just different characteristics on how the apply the power curve ..

PWK is alot more sensitive to adjustments and can be tricky to get 100% right for someone who isnt very good with mechanical stuff / tuning... but gives a snappy power curve and its rewarding when you get it right

PE is relatively easy to dial in and gives a nice smoother linear throttle response great idle and isn't to picky if your not the best tuner it will still run fairly decent when its not perfectly in tune .

Out right power wise i dont know.... they are both really good but i found the PE to be a bit better on my Daytona 150F the PE is a 28mm the PWK i had was 26mm ..

If you would of been a few weeks earlier i could of sold you the PWK ... a mate scored it for $100 Bargain !

If you have the cash dont get an OKO there hit and miss and not worth the headache

Last edited:

I would like the PE for a slightly non aggressive throttle response for the tight trails and the Hillclimbs, but for you boys racing you def need the instant aggressive power curve of the Flatslide.

I would like the PE for a slightly non aggressive throttle response for the tight trails and the Hillclimbs, but for you boys racing you def need the instant aggressive power curve of the Flatslide.

Im like you mick i ride more trails and hill climbs its so much nicer to ride with the PE

^^^Roundslide happiness, that's the next carb I get bro.

A Mikuni TM flat slide carb would be the best flat slide but an oko 26mm is what nearly every second bloke runs and there would be so many guys on here more than willing to help if it doesn't run straight out of the box me being one of them.

the Koso's i have worked on seem to be a better quality.
the fuel bowls aren't as warped, the slides seem to work a smoother (bit tighter tolerances)
and most i've seen have the machined inlet side too, smoother airflow into the carb.
and if you buy one with a powerjet, then they are even more responsive than the standard style Oko's too.

Latest posts

Back