Bike suggestions for me.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logicquests

If in doubt......Get the grinder out!!
Reaction score
Hi. I have done a lot of reading of the reviews on this site.

I am probably more confused than I was before.

I mainly ride with my children and am not looking to race or anything.

I have been riding since I was about 7 but have only done minimal riding in the last 10 yr's or so. I rode on the road for a while as well so I am familiar with bikes in general and most of my riding in my youth was on dirt.

I am about 5'11 and weigh around 85 kg's, depending on my recent pizza intake.

I am not too concerned with the cost but at the same time would prefer to get value for money.

I am known for breaking things. I am hard on things. I am not wanting to do any crusty demons style riding but I tend to get carried away and air is something I do not want to count out. My kids tend to egg me on and laugh as I do stupid things.

I am looking for strength all round and also not sure what wheel size I should be looking for. Engine size is also an issue. I am not sure if anything under a 250 will be enough.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Logic

Cini CXR175 or something like that. Great value for money.. OR the LXR.. Or DHZ 160R

Cini is cheapier and still goes great from what I've read and seen:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/ciniworx/31468-new-2011-ciniworx-cxz175.html

LXR are the "sh.t" when it comes to pitbikes though:
- Pitsterpro LXR 2011 - DHZ Mini Moto

You could also go a "cheapier" option and get the DHZ outlaw160R:
- DHZ OUTLAW 160R,Fully Customized Bike,Built to your Spec, Starts from $1750 - DHZ Mini Moto

I would chose out of those three if you were buying new..

Remeber to say your an MR member ;).

Thanks guys.

A good starting point for me. I will have a look at these and see if any other suggestions show up.

Logic

crf50 with an 88 kit?? =)

lol, the cxz175 is lookin good for ya man. i dont own one nor have i ridden one but what i know about them ya cant really go wrong. And especially with the new model for this year coming real soon(correct me if i'm wrong) with a few sweet upgrades which a gonna suit you.

Pretty much looks like a done deal.

Time to go shopping I guess.

I'll give it another day or two just in case someone has any other thoughts or different opinion.

Logic

I am not too concerned with the cost but at the same time would prefer to get value for money.
I am known for breaking things. I am hard on things. I am not wanting to do any crusty demons style riding but I tend to get carried away and air is something I do not want to count out. My kids tend to egg me on and laugh as I do stupid things.
I am looking for strength all round and also not sure what wheel size I should be looking for. Engine size is also an issue. I am not sure if anything under a 250 will be enough.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Logic

Can I ask why you’re not sure if anything under a 250 will be enough?
A lot of the Chinese 250’s are rather sluggish and the suspension on most is average at best (that’s being kind). They are improving and there are a few decent looking ones out now but I wouldnt consider buying one yet. Some of these horizontal motors will run rings around the heavier 250's so don’t let the higher cc fool you.

The 2011 Ciniworx does look like a nice bike and if you’re looking for a linkage bike then its probably a good choice. As for wheel size that’s completely up to you. Personally I’d go with a 12/14 combo because anything bigger is not as much fun on these bikes which defeats the purpose.

Defective: Good advice.

Mainly was thinking 250 due to my size. From what everyone else has said though it does appear 150 - 175 would be ample. Still undecided on wheel size. I understand the fun aspect of the 12-14's but unsure if this size would start to annoy me after a while. i will try to sit on a few different combo's and see what feels right.

Thanks for your input.

Logic

How aboot a KDX200? Swell, fast, cheap, reliable, quiet, 18/21 wheels for stability. KLX110 with 60 forks, decent shock, TB 155? 85cc dinger, big or small wheel? 150R with either wheel size? XR75/80/100 (my favorites, as a fellow large lad) ? Just options.

Last edited:
Thanks GDFP.

I will do some more reading on these models.

Logic

Cant go past the DHZ outlaw 160. They really do have a big bike feel but still get the mini bike fun. They will handle your weight and height easy.

Curious bout this 2 I'm tossing up between the cini the lxr and rev all have had good reviews it hard choice spose come down to personal preferance

Forget the rev. Cini Is a great looking bike. Lxr's are proven and are everywhere. Go the cini if its out of those 3

Latest posts

Back