bike washing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a bit of elbow grease, a hose and some detergant alwas works for me...

karcher. nothing else. just water. been washing my bikes like this for eons. no issues with bearings and bushes. you should pick up on any grease related issues with your general maintenance anyway.

you guys wash your bikes? ha ha joking, i just use hose and truck wash, never had any problems

I like to leave them out in the rain.

logic

truck wash , let sit for 5-10 hose/gerni

then if im picky i truck wash again , let sit then hose/gerni.

after 3 or so cleans i usually take tank/plastics etc off and give it a full clean.

best way is to take it apart and clean each part individually. i usaully sand blast any bolts that are rusty...etc. not the most fun thing in the world, but gets the bike looking brand new. also gives me a chance to use my new powdercoating system :)

hey a couple of people say they use wd40 to shine up there plastics.. dont do this with some plastics this will make them bubble in the long run

hey a couple of people say they use wd40 to shine up there plastics.. dont do this with some plastics this will make them bubble in the long run

Yeah I wouldn't be doing that. Would leave an oily residue.

I use Plastic Polish then Silicone Spray to shine it right up. Just remember that Silicone Spray makes plastics extremely slippery. Not good for gripping with your legs.

I put it under the guards as well. Helps thick mud not stick as much.

i use wd40 all the time on all my bikes... never had a drama.. sticker kits fall off regardless so i guess some ppl just like to blame something.. i personally blame my gerni for a stickers coming off

i use wd40 all the time on all my bikes... never had a drama.. sticker kits fall off regardless so i guess some ppl just like to blame something.. i personally blame my gerni for a stickers coming off

I have had my sticker kit on my big bike for 7 years now. I have never had a sticker kit come off once.

but we cant all be as high tech as you , wd all the way. ;)

Yeah mate pretty high tech. Using plastic polish on platics. Who would have thought? ;)

Latest posts

Back