Braaap bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punisher

Reaction score
I live in tassie, and braaap is pretty popular down here. Im just trying to figure out why people pay $4000 bux for a top of the line Braaap when you can buy a 'Pitster Pro LXR' for $3300 ? And many other top brands cheaper for that matter ?

Are Braaaps that much better, I doubt it, but what do you guys think ?

I live in tassie, and braaap is pretty popular down here. Im just trying to figure out why people pay $4000 bux for a top of the line Braaap when you can buy a 'Pitster Pro LXR' for $3300 ? And many other top brands cheaper for that matter ?

Are Braaaps that much better, I doubt it, but what do you guys think ?

Nowdays your paying for the Brapp name. I actually think the LXR is better because of it's rear linkage suspenion and 155Z motor. Don't think the brap bikes have either?

braaap is only popular here because its really the only minibike brand/shop in tassie......i dont rate em, i went to the new devonport shop for parts...had no luck they pretty much only had clothes and gear...wasn't impresed.....i would ride a pitster pro over a braaap anyday.

lol if dhz put a shop in tassie id jump at the chance to work there and push pitsters and the dhz range of bikes and parts, as i know he could out sell the overpriced braaap bikes and CLOTHES shops

are thos said bikes available off the shelf in tassie ?? if not id say this is why braaap are a bit more expensive , its cost's money to have stock

they look the goods tho i dont like the name braaap ,sounds like a fart lol ,

ya they have em off the shelf i think, not sure have never bought a bike off em

lol @ Braaap sounding like a fart in the bath...
McDBC will be most offended by that sean... ha ha ha

well for flying frick sake Braaaaap wtf and pink as well <<,, opps i farted a pink stain

dont get me wrong ,dont know the guys dont know the bike , tho braaaap ,excuse me

ba ha ha ha, nice one snitchy.. :D nearly spat iced coffee at the computer... *leans on chair... "BraaaaP" excuse'moi*
yeah the braaps are a decent bike, solid if unconventional frame, but massively over priced...
and they're pink. Pink, god dammit...
Poove's bike. paint em pink, shoulda been called "whhhffffft!" instead of "Braap" which is a far manlier fart noise....

ba ha ha ha, nice one snitchy.. :D nearly spat iced coffee at the computer... *leans on chair... "BraaaaP" excuse'moi*
yeah the braaps are a decent bike, solid if unconventional frame, but massively over priced...
and they're pink. Pink, god dammit...
Poove's bike. paint em pink, shoulda been called "whhhffffft!" instead of "Braap" which is a far manlier fart noise....

LMAO..

But yes, Braaap is a stupid name, how many "A" s is there?? is there more than 1 P, its a bit stupid,

braaap is only popular here because its really the only minibike brand/shop in tassie......i dont rate em, i went to the new devonport shop for parts...had no luck they pretty much only had clothes and gear...wasn't impresed.....i would ride a pitster pro over a braaap anyday.

lol if dhz put a shop in tassie id jump at the chance to work there and push pitsters and the dhz range of bikes and parts, as i know he could out sell the overpriced braaap bikes and CLOTHES shops

There's a couple of other stores in Launceston, ZINMOTO and Berklee Bikes, but not really performance pitbike stuff. Just your average chingas.

I was contemplating opening a store back before the economic crash ... time to contemplate again maybe.

yes i know im not takeing the piss , well maybe i am , there a good looking bike besides the pink , the owner used to post here didnt he?

see this is where ken has got these ppl by the nutz , he's been around far to long , and with the knowledge off the pitty scene even if he dont ride em he must have it sorted by now or it wouldnt be around so long

Braaaaap ,, opps there i go again , excuse me

hey guys i am in tassie and we have the 2009 pitster pro lx 160r, and a 2008 braaap maestro 150cc,

there is no comparison between them, the pitster pro has much better handing and heaps more hp, way better suspension, and the main thing is it doesnt have any pink and doesnt have the old crf50 plastics.

hey guys i am in tassie and we have the 2009 pitster pro lx 160r, and a 2008 braaap maestro 150cc,

there is no comparison between them, the pitster pro has much better handing and heaps more hp, way better suspension, and the main thing is it doesnt have any pink and doesnt have the old crf50 plastics.

Good stuff mate, good to hear from someone who has actually ridden both ...

Umm braaaps are like the only bikes that are actually made from australian metals so there a lot stronger and made with better quality metal. Frick I'm sure brad the owner of the company will happily tell you why there better... just email him [email protected] plus there after sale service is the BEST. Yesterday they couldn't print of my rego papers/sticker for the rx i brought from them so brad brought it to my work for me when it was all done...!!! I have an 07 maestro. i love my new motovert but it's still not as good as my almost 3 year old braaap! I could go on all day... but im not gonna. Email who ever runs pisterpro and you'll probably speak to some asian you can't understand.. or speak to an aussie bloke that is a champion at what he does! haha

Umm braaaps are like the only bikes that are actually made from australian metals so there a lot stronger and made with better quality metal. Frick I'm sure brad the owner of the company will happily tell you why there better... just email him [email protected] plus there after sale service is the BEST. Yesterday they couldn't print of my rego papers/sticker for the rx i brought from them so brad brought it to my work for me when it was all done...!!! I have an 07 maestro. i love my new motovert but it's still not as good as my almost 3 year old braaap! I could go on all day... but im not gonna. Email who ever runs pisterpro and you'll probably speak to some asian you can't understand.. or speak to an aussie bloke that is a champion at what he does! haha

lol who told you about the frames being made of aussie metal...id like to see or hear this from one of the braaap dudes...
i think someones taking you for a ride.

and actually when you break it down, australia exports most of its steel to china and they break it down and mix it with rubbish then resell it or use it in products they export..

and ummm KEN from DHZ runs pitserpro and im pretty sure he's an aussie

Braaap clain to have sent engineers over to china to oversee the production of superior high strength engine components, there was a braaap rep posting on here a while back claiming that the usual china gearbox crumbles like a cruchy bar if hit with a hammer, while their super gearbox just rounds off when hit with a hammer.... I think this is a load of pure bull****....
If they really went to all that trouble they would at the least back it up with video evidence and people all over the world would be breaking deals with them to get their hands on the super strong china gearbox...

lol.... braaap

there not even 4k.. i dunno where this kid is pulling his figures from i think they start at like $1800 and max is like $3800.. average is about 2400-2800. yeah well I have been told by a source that has ACTUALLY seen in side the braaap factory and dhz factory and there is a massive difference in the metal quality. How often does Ken actually go to china and take a walk around the factory building his bikes? I'm gonna guess his never even been!

braaaaaaap

hey Guys.

I check the forums from time to time and thought I'd write a quick reply.

We design the braaap bikes here in Australia, they are engineered by a french team, the french guys run our factory, they are built in china, but to our specs, we do 3rd party metal testing to prove the materials we use and make sure they are consistently quality.

I agree we need to get this stuff on video, we are launching braaap TV a youtube pitbike video channel in 2010, should be pretty cool, but more on that later, Ill see what i can do next time im at the factory ill get a cheap gear box and ours and video the smash test we did.

LOL love reading the jokes etc, Just a side not though when you buy a braaap you choose any colour plasics and sticker kit free.

Ill let our riders do the talking about the bike obvious I have a biast opinion..LOL

In the mean time just remember internet is faceless, I'd love to answer any questions face to facem at the track, anywhere.

I read some of these posts and it bust's my guts to hear un factual bull****. this is our heart and sole, we eat live and breathe mini motocross, My whole family does, my whole team of 40 staff does.

I have no doubt in the quality of our product, but bikes aside, I will do and my team will do what ever it takes to create happy customer's.

Rach and the other braaap crew thanks for sticking to your guns and braaapn it up.

we are not much of an online business at the moment, many of our customers are off line. So its sick to hear from some online braaap riders.

have an awesome christmas, and get ready for a massive and kickass 2010!

I suck at keeping an eye on these forums and sometimes feel its a loosing battle with people who post un factual info but ill do my best to keep on here.

I think miniriders is exactly what we need for our industry.

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Thanks
Brad Smith
braaap |
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back