Braaap bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shall we say that Braaap is the KTM of pitbikes?

I wouldn't go that far.. lol..

But i did have my next door neighbor who is 9 or something, try and tell me he has a KTM 250 which he races.. lol..

ok, I knew that was a bad decision posting that.

yes im a noob with bikes.
only owned one for like 8 months or so.
still learning a sh*t load.

just to put it in a nutshell I saw braaap is overpriced..
KTM's I know are overpriced and everyone I talk to agrees with me.
maybe I can compare the two

but no, I realise they are two completely different machines :)

I'd say motoverts are more like a KTM, if we're going to compare a pitbike.
Very high price for a decent bike, but other brands make better bikes at a much better price.
And genuine parts prices are through the roof, that's if they even have them in stock.

Just read this thread with interest. I have been into bikes all my life and pit bikes for around 10 years. I've ridden a number of pit bikes and ridden a braaap for around 18 months now (no, it's not pink!). I feel as comfortable on the braaap as I have on any bike, being an older model, it's got the fastace front forks and Lifan engine but I can still ride it hard with confidence. Only mods I have made is some high rise renthals and pivot pegz.

Braaap have always helped me with any issues and are always looking at ways to improve their bikes, not to mention the good work they are doing to get the racing scene off the ground. The Cambridge track is sick!

Braaap are the best quality wise and you get what you pay for, Pink ?? you can choose the colour plastics you want and the sticker pack so i think you guys are just wanting to complain about something for the sake of it. I have a couple of friends with cheaper bikes but they have had alot of trouble with breaking chains and other parts not being up to standard. As I said you get what you pay for.

Ok not havin a dig at you braaapsters but I've been reading this thread with interest

I wonder can any of you guys point me to some info on these 3rd party metal testing ?

After all 3rd party metal testing just tells you what you have produced and yes the quality of metal but it doesn't necessarily ensure quality in any way shape or form ..... that's all in the results

so what were the results ?

Seems some of you may think that JUST the term 3rd party metal testing means quality ?.... it doesn't it just claims it's been tested .... if the metal is better quality where are the results ? You think that they would be more important than just telling us it's been tested ?

Because that's all I've found ...claims of testing but no test results ?

in fact I couldn't find anything about the testing or the results on the website ... can you guys help me out ?

And yeah I'm not callin bs .... I just wanna see the results.

Also when Brad says " the french guys run our factory " Does he mean they have their OWN factory in china ?....

or just that the french guys are overseeing the build like some factories used to do with yamaha engineers

Last edited:
yep sounds all too good to be true..
youd think that because we are calling this metal testing BS that theyd be in here with facts.

That's what I'm sayin sean .... not straight out callin bs but curious as to why the claims rather than results are all we can find ?

well said dreadful. i have seen the frames available from a chinese manufacturer so i am almost certain that they are not at all tested. maybe a prototype one was tested a while ago but i doubt they are all tested. i would like to think they aren't bulls**ting to the public. it would be nice to see the results and when it was done. it's not just the metal but more importantly its the welds. i would like to be proven wrong but i doubt it." braaaap", that one was a bit wet. undie change time.

Yeah mate we'll what sort of reply we get ... and yeah I'm with sean I don't think anyone has been talking enough bs or unfactual sh@t to make brad "bust his guts " we're just askin questions .

And as far as great or the best after sales ?
we have a handful of dedicated braaap riders here and while your loyalty is admirable the rest of us are a little sceptical ... all good but best everything is a big call and to convince us we'll need more info than your opinions.

Firstly as Cooly mentioned reports outta frankston seem mixed at best so that's a big call ... re badging Atomiks is not real cool either but as far as I'm concerned best aftersales is a crown left vacant by M.S.O that has'nt been filled yet ... you could not find A SINGLE BAD WORD about M.S.O anywhere ... and that's because their aftersales was simply the best and no one ever complained .... I know that maybe it's a harsh call but you guys know me I call em as I see em and I don't think anyone deserves that title ... or if they do it's a somewhat diminished or hollow victory in the absence of M.S.O .

So again I'm not flaming or even callin b.s ... just wanna see the results :cool:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t2MKVchPMtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t2MKVchPMtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

yeah have ya seen this
tell me thats worth 3k????? its got non adjustable forks and conical hubs bse much??

Mid Size pro 140cc $20 a week or $2799

The Mid Size Pro 140cc is designed with a higher seat height. It is a sick bike for all round riding. From the full on trail rider to the Rider who loves to race. We have many bush riders who love to take their bikes camping ride the MID SIZE pro 140cc and we have stacks of Mini SX racer’s buy Mid Size 140cc braaaps and race!

MID SIZE 150cc $2999 $21 a week

The Same components as the MID SIZE 140cc the difference is the engine. The Engine is the braaap designed KLX style Head race engine. If you want power. Try bolting a 150cc race engine into a 65kg bike! Will you need the front wheel?

i compare it to this yeah
CX140L BIG WHEEL MINI

then these
EXPERT MS MINI
Pitster Pro - X4R

and just for good measure i reckon ciniworx would build you one of these for about the 2900 mark maybe
11032009.jpg

who's rippin who off no offence

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well that's that then ... video pretty much cleared it up Cooly .... as always well said and well timed brother :D

If and it's a big if .... someone can explain how buyin that bse piece of sh@t is worth 3k I'll show ya's a vid of my flying pig ;)

But my guess is that's the last word on the subject right there :)

"This still has really good front forks, it just doesn't have the 'fully adjustable bit' on top"

hahaha..

"Adjustable rear shock so you can adjust the rebound so you can make it faster or slower you can also adjust the spring tension to make it 'firmer or harder' "

hahaha..

"This thing's got the works.. That you can get aftermarket"

hahaha...

Very convincing lol

aww come on guys it's "SIIIIICK" that's ur $3k worth right there bahahaha!!

Hey Guys just having a quick read through the forum.

I love staying in touch with outside opinions of braaap as I spend most my time riding, talking and being in our stores and at tracks with people who own and love our product.

LOL you guys keep me real!

i usually ignore stuff on here as I think it best to let you guys come up with your own decision's. Win loose or draw we want customer's who love what we do and get involved in the sport. Eg the 44 braaap riders who turned up to our ride day the other day or the 120+ braaap riding club members

I appreciate your comments and thank you for asking me for facts.

Dready I know what your saying and yes we should have all our metal reports online. That would be great marketing.
Our website is waaay behind schedule as we have been focused on other braaap things, there is plenty of things we need online! Im sure you have watched us progress slowly with it.

Its an area we are focused on this year.

Im off to china to our factory (yes its owned by 2 french guys! they live there) in April.
I am hoping to film a braaaptv on our manufacturing process and show off what we do over there.

i have a Vegas Spec Maestro with a 200cc Kit waiting in the factory, We have a baddass track at the factory to test parts on and I gotta get ready for Vegas. LOL My preperation for Vegas is about as far behind as our website..haha

After vegas Im heading to france and will meet the french end of the manufacturing process (engineering)

I spose best I can do until I get our marekting amterial and videos done to prove we do metal testing is to show you the 63 frames I have in the Frankston shop when we had to swap 63 frames as 1 out of the batch didnt meet our testing bench marks.

We dont sell stuff until we know it meets our quality control, and we would race it our selves.

That cost me alot of money as I had to get 63 frames manufactured and air frieghted then had to change the frames before they hit the show room floors.

I suck at checking these forums so if ya need to get ahold of me facebook me (bradley smith) or shoot me an email [email protected]

live it up!

Also some sick events coming up for the mini scene looking forward to seeing you all at the track!

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Brad Smith

Ok mate I'll look out for the results ... but yeah the testing claims have been out for a while and it's not that hard to find someone to load code for ya ... someone or several in your staff should be up to the job .... just about all kids build websites in school now it's no biggy . Don't worry about showing us 63 frames you swapped for 63 frames .... just find someone to load or scan the results and then just post it here ... and that will be that.

Look forward to seeing the factory test track the only ones I've seen over there are pretty lame

You know members here make their own minds up as to value for money ... always have ... you also know up until recent times your rep on here has been good with most members .... you've done alot for the sport in Tassie and no one is questioning you're dedication but you are also a businessman and that seems to be the issue .... Cooly's post pretty much summed up what alot of members were already thinking ... we got more than 14,000 members here and they ride everything under the sun so opinions vary ... but together they know just about everything about pitbikes some members like cactus know everything all by themselves so it's hard to get one past em.

So yeah that bike in the vid is always gunna attract a little fire priced at 3k around here that's just how it is.Many members will thinkyou can do better for the coin and I for one agree I think I could.

Anyway I'll watch for the vids n results n stuff ... again no hardies mate just a hard sell here I think.

yea braaaap man I wanna see this super gearbox that only squishes a bit next to the one that shatters like a crunchy bar? huh? that claim been on for ages now n still no proof! If I was running a business proof of things as outrageous as that would come well before telling the customers how superior the motors are.
frames aint shit, most of the cheapo frames can take a hell of a beating and I have no doubt the alloy frame u running on some of the bikes are tough as guts, the gearbox is the center of attention man. We been craving a tough box for a LONG time, you claim to have that. If it were true it would be known around the world, so u gonna man up and show us the proof or u just gonna keep feeding your customers bullshit?

Latest posts

Back