Braaap bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time will reveal all.

braaaaaap

Well yeah Brad it usually does but that's not telling much to the crew so I'll fill them in a bit on the situation .

Firstly as some of you know Brad and I have been exchanging pm's ...I won't post his words here but I'll post a few of mine to give you the gist of it

This fom me .....

No hardies at all Mate but I stand by everything I have said ... I just called you out on a few claims you made that members thought were bullshit ... I don't control members opinions as you said yourself you should have posted metal test results ... without them for a year it starts to look like just that ... a claim.So think you had more to do with that than me mate

After Cooly posted that video of you selling the midsize a few more questions popped up ... like going out past 80ft no worries with that suspension ????????????

I didn't say that YOU did ...on the video .... explain that claim for a start .... keep in mind most of the regulars on the sight know ALOT about minbikes, build or mod there own and know what ALL those components are worth and where they came from .... you simply won't get that shit past them mate ... you' are lucky a few of the Guru's in here have'nt stumbled on the thread because they WILL tear you to pieces in there.

look at the end of the day all ANYONE has asked you to do is back up your claims ... if ya can't you shouldn't have made them simple as that ... if you can proove them to be be true you have no worries .... the same can be said of any claim.

As i said your rep was good in here up until recently and I've constantly refered to your dedication and contribution to the sport even in the recent threads .... but recently members have wondered if your plans for vicco will ever eventuate .... it's been a while and not much progress so members will ask that's just how it is mate .... given the lack of progress some will, after a while call b.s .

As for what have I done for the scene ?

Well I don't get paid for a start so we are in a different boat with different motivations so a comparision seems pointless to me ... but besides helping manage a rider base 140 times the size of yours and the work I did at the brotherhood I do have something on the way .

You'll hear about that soon enough mate.

But yeah Brad I'm not anti you man I'll call anyone out on a claim that seems suss ... always have, members expect it from us.

Answer the claims you've made and it's happy days .

So yeah man no hardies either it's just the nature of the beast here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK ..... Firstly Brad told me that he understood he may have dropped the ball a bit not updating information and test results and that without them these claims like 3rd party metal testing and 80ft jumps on THAT suspension they were just that claims ... He says he has no hard feelings and understands why the crew here are a little skeptical .

He has informed me that ALL the claims he has made are true and he will proove them all by the end of april ..... he says

He'll have video of that bike with that stock suspension happily going past 80ft

video of te hammer gearbox test

Proof that entire 3k midsize bike and that suspension are manufactured to a higher quality exclusively in the Braaap factory and 3rd party metal tested ....

To Brad ... once again mate this is not about your dedication to building the sport but while I'm hear I was wondering ? you told me you were more about supplying a or selling a " lifestyle" as opposed to a bike and crew like Rach and djBrooksie have also said this is where the value is found in a Braapster .... ie riding lessons ,vip days etc etc I'm assuming you would need to buy a Braapster to qualify for these perks ?

That's cool but one could think you are helping your company more than the sport in general... after all your braaap club represents less than one percent of the pitbike riders in AUS . Therefore if most of the things you do for the sport are heavily branded as braaap and half your ride days are Braap only ...well one could say you are only really building or helping a very small minority within the sport ...and if that small minority is those that buy bikes from you ?

Well could'nt one argue you are just building your company ? ... Questions spring to mind like why build a track in China before the Frankston track you promised vicco riders over a year ago ??

Anyway like Brad said Time will tell ... being the gentleman we are we'll give him till the end of april to proove these claims hey Crew ?

wow that took a while to read haha. But a very good read dready;)
I personally don’t take sides on this argument, simply because i have no grounds to stand on.
and have not met or had anything to do with brad, braaap, there ride days or their bikes.
I have how ever seen this argument over and over again, and it seems to be repetitive? Im not sure if anyone else has noticed that?
I personaly I think hosting all the ride days are great, and would be even better if it were bigger! so braaap ride days are for braaap owners only?
I have heard many good reports of braaaps quality and also heard alot about their price, i am not sure what i would pay for a braaap bike but i guess thats each to their own.
This is just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Yeah not sure bombers about 50% I think ... And I wasn't implying giving your customers exclusive rides and riding tuition etc etc is IN ANY WAY WRONG .... It's more about Brad implying this is all is about building the sport in general .... if these things are just for Braaap customers then that's just helping less than 1% of the sport isn't it ?

I took my sisters 5yo Ciniworx to the last ride day at 'The Summit', I had to pay like all other Braaap owners, But when you buy a Braaap you get one of these days for free.
There was also a Pitpro and a couple of other non Braaaps there.
All I can say is, the day was sooo worth every cent, my riding style improved and with a few more days at Wells rd practicing what I had learnt, the speed, confidence and control improvement is amazing!
I would encourage everyone to go one one of these days, you really will be amazed at what you learn for the Guru coach Stevo!
With regard to tracks and these ride days, they may be numbered, as un like Tassie, our councilors are pricks, and when it comes to motorsports they hate everything to do with it! (sorry for the stong language) But with both parents working at the council and having direct access to planning and permits and the people who hand them out for things like ride days, even bribes and blackmail dont work.
You would need, an incorporated club, MA Approval and Insurance and more than a handful of members before the council would even look at an application before shredding it.
Give Brad a chance to get things rolling, but if everyone is so keen, then we need to support Brad and the Braaap Club or we all need to Start an Incorporated club with MA approval and insurance, Much like the guys at South West Minimoto did.

Yeah not sure bombers about 50% I think ... And I wasn't implying giving your customers exclusive rides and riding tuition etc etc is IN ANY WAY WRONG .... It's more about Brad implying this is all is about building the sport in general .... if these things are just for Braaap customers then that's just helping less than 1% of the sport isn't it ?

ok, yes i very much see ur point. how many atomiks, dhz's , pit pro, pitster pro's are there compared to braaaps?

Well put Barnesd09, I have been to a number of ride/race/coaching days (organised by braaap) where there are all sorts of models of bike there. I even rode my old non-braaap bike at a few in the early days. I can't recall seeing anyone getting chased out of the paddock because they're not on a braaap, probably because we're all having so much fun it doesn't really matter anyway. It actually creates some good discussion! But at the end of the day there are more braaaps because most people (including myself) like to support the people that support them.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that Brad growing the sport is growing his company but wouldn't he also be providing the same opportunity to the opposition as well? Having competition creates a healthy market. It's obvious that Brad is as passionate about the sport as any one of us which is why I have no hesitation in supporting his cause. It's amazing what can be achieved when you have good support from a dedicated bunch of people, I have witnessed this first hand in Tas and I can't see why it couldn't be replicated anywhere else.

Barnesd09, I don't think Tas is much different with getting things through council. You're dead right that these things take a lot of time. We have been negotiating with council and polititians for nearly 12 months now to get approval for our new track after our last one got shut down. There's so much work and man hours go into something like this before you can even put a shovel to the track! There are no shortcuts when dealing with these things!

As for the evidence for the statements, only Brad can come up with the actual proof but I have no reason to believe he would deliberately go out and bullshit to potential customers.

yeah i'm sure anyone can go to his ride days and be preached to

like i've said all along i dont have to many issue's with brad i just think he is doing himself and his supporters an injustice with the prices he charges i mean honestly his bike are way off the mark for what they are

and yes it is really impossible to get anywhere with a track in vic the do gooders are onto it straight away and stop it before the shovel hit the ground

now we have (and intend to do more of it) held ride days at wonthaggi through the dmcc which myself and ciniworx have put alot of work into getting the flag waved there and we have an opportunity to start our own section of the club down there which we hope to get going this year sometime
but after the last ride day was held braaap went around telling people we are building a track there and takeing all the credit for himself when all he did was let us invite him and a few of his possy.

now dont get me wrong everyone is welcome but credit where credit due honestly in happy riding at my mates track which no one else can go to but i would really like to get vic minibike riders onto a high quality track like wanna's and the 35 riders we got there had a ball

but we are going to need help to progress it further and well most people including myself just wanna ride not spend all day organizing a bunch of ungreatful shits

anyway on that note we have been invited into the club practise days so when this starts i will let you all know you will be able to run a rec ma license and club membership and all will be sweet and if we can get enough numbers and some dedicated people then we will build our own travk there but untill then i'll keep ya posted

the only reson brad sells bikes is because he promotes his self to much and hes a nobb head who looks like bruno and is just as gay

Last edited:
lol, anyone have a pic of him? i havnt seen him?
i have herd alot about bruno tho...

Is this him?? I can see the resemblance. Maybe Bruno's bro? :D

brad_0.smallpage-180x135.jpg

Have you been into a braaap store before? If you have you would know that they have a riders list on the counter. This is for ANYONE that has a pitbike. This list is where you put your email address or contact number so they can send out an email or sms you to let you know about a riding/ Race or up coming coaching day so that you get to join in and have fun, cos at the end of the day this is what it is all about! braaap club is a NON-PROFIT organisation and are affiiated with Motorcycling Australia! I have attended the race events and coaching and I have enjoyed each day and look forward to the next event! I also have raced against other pitbikes. Ride/Race/Coaching days are for ALL pitbikes, ALL ages and ALL abilities. I find it amusing when reading comments about turning up and being preached too! Clearly you haven't been! In Tassie we have to pay for our coaching days. Worth every cent! (The coach isn't free) Coolmodee01.... So you think that braaaps are overpriced, that's your opinon but I found mine very affordable. You said that you and ciniworx have put a lot of effort into getting the flag waved, imagine how hard it was and still is for the braaap team? Good luck with getting your section of the club, I know that after reading this comment from you...( but we are going to need help to progress it further and well most people including myself just wanna ride not spend all day organizing a bunch of ungreatful shits) With that attitude you're probably better off in your mates paddock having a hack!

Have you been into a braaap store before? If you have you would know that they have a riders list on the counter. This is for ANYONE that has a pitbike. This list is where you put your email address or contact number so they can send out an email or sms you to let you know about a riding/ Race or up coming coaching day so that you get to join in and have fun, cos at the end of the day this is what it is all about! braaap club is a NON-PROFIT organisation and are affiiated with Motorcycling Australia! I have attended the race events and coaching and I have enjoyed each day and look forward to the next event! I also have raced against other pitbikes. Ride/Race/Coaching days are for ALL pitbikes, ALL ages and ALL abilities. I find it amusing when reading comments about turning up and being preached too! Clearly you haven't been! In Tassie we have to pay for our coaching days. Worth every cent! (The coach isn't free) Coolmodee01.... So you think that braaaps are overpriced, that's your opinon but I found mine very affordable. You said that you and ciniworx have put a lot of effort into getting the flag waved, imagine how hard it was and still is for the braaap team? Good luck with getting your section of the club, I know that after reading this comment from you...( but we are going to need help to progress it further and well most people including myself just wanna ride not spend all day organizing a bunch of ungreatful shits) With that attitude you're probably better off in your mates paddock having a hack!

Hit repeat.. we heard all this before.

Great Minichick welcome to minriders I hope you are here to participate in the forum and not just here to support Braap as that would somewhat diminish your credability and objectivness I think.

Firstly I was misinformed and I regress .... he does let riders of all bikes on his ride days except the vip ones of course ... well great he's doing something for the sport outside his business and that's great ... and as we've said all along Braad is passionate about the sport . But we don't think that's a licence to charge like a wounded bull and make ridiculous claims or talk yourself up like you are single handedly carrying the sport ... what ridiculous claims you say ?

Well besides the ones already raised here's one from Braad I lifted straight off the sight.

"I started braaap with the goal to bring mini motocross the sport to Australia "

Ok I know you guys are a little isolated down there but I think crew like chilli50s
and the crew in queensland might have something to say about that .... in fact it's an insult :rolleyes:

Something else I find interesting is this morning on the site I went to the franchise area and found this ....

"At braaap We are rolling out 50 stores across Australia in the next 5 years."

Thing is it's not there now ... which suggests it's been taken down in one day ..and THAT suggests it would be just as easy to load some pics and test results and put this all to bed ?

Believe it or not up until now I've been holding my tounge on this issue but now ?

I have a few other things to mention but I'll post em tommorrow ;)

mmm must have been a glitch because "At braaap We are rolling out 50 stores across Australia in the next 5 years." is back up in the franchise section of the site ?

OH well 46 to go I guess ... about 1 a month

This is the thing I think the numbers are a LITTLE optomistic at this point ?...

and that's the problem for me it's the incredable claims .... since Punisher started this thread we have raised many questions about the veracity of many of these claims ... since then a few of the Braap regulars have come on and had a say ... for the most part they've state the same thing and that's ok because they are well liked members and participate on the forums .... and we are all cool with them backing their brand ... but at the end of the day they are all saying the same thing.

What we don't like is someone like minchick who thinks she is helping the situation by regurgitating the Braaap website here to tell us ?

That's right the same thing

Well as you can see we can also read the website so here's a few more I found a little optomistic as well

" Brad knew he could design the best pit bike available in the world "

better than a Daytona 150 with 4V DOHC KIT in a bbr perimeter ? .... whens that happening

" When he was ready to launch his own bike, he knew he would be the market leader in every aspect of the business "

mmm dhz for a start ?

now I found these two quotes a little contradictory ?

" he was able to save enough money to buy this first shipment. After 6 weeks of waiting with baited breath the bikes finally arrived at his home. Disappointingly for him, they were not of the standard he had hoped and expected. "

" When I started braaap I researched to find a bike that myself and all my mates could ride all day, jump and do what ever, I needed a bike that could be rode and jumped with confidence by adults. I had no option but go to china and find a manufacture that would listen to our needs, follow strict quality control and build the bike myself and the braaap team designed "

Well which is it? surely even Brad can't be two places at once

That's it for now but if we keeping getting visits from well meaning braaapsters intent on posting the same info over and over and over .... well there is more

Last edited:
Is it true if you subscribe instore to be notified about rides organised you also receive unwanted advertising of braaap sales and promos etc via sms>??:rolleyes: or have i been misinformed i wonder?

I think everyone needs to calm down in here with the braaap talk because its starting to increase hits on the website that would indicate false interest...like 3500 hits instead of 50 hits or something

I think everyone needs to calm down in here with the braaap talk because its starting to increase hits on the website that would indicate false interest...like 3500 hits instead of 50 hits or something

No I think what 3,500 hits here will generate is real interest in false claims MX ...not the other way around ;)

No I think what 3,500 hits here will generate is real interest in false claims MX ...not the other way around ;)

I mean 3500 false hits on the braaap website not here. It would be good if we could get 3500 onto the mini forum.

Ahh ok I see your point now ... still if the 3,500 hits sells em a bike good luck to em I doubt it would if crew are coming from here ...we just want some answers to the claims and members will go to the site for a look to read said claims for themselves because some of these claims are incredable to say the least ..... so I guess it's unavoidable .... nature of the beast and al that .

And yeah good luck also to the buyer that purchases a bike based on website hits .

But if you have noticed the thread has calmed down over the last week anyway we are waiting for Braad to go to the factory and proove us all wrong so the traffic should be much slower now anyway.

any news on testing results..

oh and reading thru this thread again i realized why his prices are so high..

lol he's still picking up the bill for air freighting 63 frames from china...hahaha lmao..

but still keen to see some results brad.. oh and some braaap's flying 80ft

Latest posts

Back