Braaap bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone watched the latest vid on the Braaap site..?

Apparently they fill there bikes with loctite! :eek:

Oooh, the latest issue of ADB (released today) has a review of the Braaap maestro 150 ("regarded as the best Motorcycle of this type in the world")... That ought to be interesting :D

lol i knew bumping this up would get interesting...
i also seen some of the new braaap vids on youtube...they always make me laugh

mmm must have been a glitch because "At braaap We are rolling out 50 stores across Australia in the next 5 years." is back up in the franchise section of the site ?

OH well 46 to go I guess ... about 1 a month

This is the thing I think the numbers are a LITTLE optomistic at this point ?...

and that's the problem for me it's the incredable claims .... since Punisher started this thread we have raised many questions about the veracity of many of these claims ... since then a few of the Braap regulars have come on and had a say ... for the most part they've state the same thing and that's ok because they are well liked members and participate on the forums .... and we are all cool with them backing their brand ... but at the end of the day they are all saying the same thing.

What we don't like is someone like minchick who thinks she is helping the situation by regurgitating the Braaap website here to tell us ?

That's right the same thing

Well as you can see we can also read the website so here's a few more I found a little optomistic as well

" Brad knew he could design the best pit bike available in the world "

better than a Daytona 150 with 4V DOHC KIT in a bbr perimeter ? .... whens that happening

" When he was ready to launch his own bike, he knew he would be the market leader in every aspect of the business "

mmm dhz for a start ?

now I found these two quotes a little contradictory ?

" he was able to save enough money to buy this first shipment. After 6 weeks of waiting with baited breath the bikes finally arrived at his home. Disappointingly for him, they were not of the standard he had hoped and expected. "

" When I started braaap I researched to find a bike that myself and all my mates could ride all day, jump and do what ever, I needed a bike that could be rode and jumped with confidence by adults. I had no option but go to china and find a manufacture that would listen to our needs, follow strict quality control and build the bike myself and the braaap team designed "

Well which is it? surely even Brad can't be two places at once

That's it for now but if we keeping getting visits from well meaning braaapsters intent on posting the same info over and over and over .... well there is more

Dreadful, I think that the claims are a little over the top, but I also think that you are starting to attack what seems like a young guy trying to make a difference.

I tried having a go at starting a minibike business, the right way, giving customers a great product at a reasonable price but kept getting knocked back by comments like this, in the end I gave up. Give the guy a chance, Yes his bikes are expensive and yes he makes ridiculous comments but it seems like he is trying to do the right thing through these ride days and the like.

As I remember correctly, you used to push MSO in nearly every thread about a year ago, now I can't even find them on this site and they dont even appear on google.

Summing it all up, retail is always a difficult business to get into, and is dominated by how people view your product and service, however its more often the case where the "hip" product does well, which is governed by marketing hype and trends, take thumpstar for example, you bearly hear from them now dont you (yes i know they are terramotor), they took a step away from all the imitations and tried to give a new product but everyone jumped ship and seems like they arent around??? As a moderator, I think that you should try and be as neutral as possible when it comes to company branding and the like, I know that everyone has an opinion, however seeing that you being a moderator, your opinion has more of an impact on the rest of the forum, so you should be a little more careful of what you say.

I hope that all the business' do well in the future, as you need a few companies to ensure competitiveness and to keep the market fair, could you image what would happen if DHZ took over, the prices would go up for sure, just look at what has happened to pitster. In the end almost all the mini bike product is from the same factory, rebadged, remarketed and flogged off as the "new" great product.

Im kind of glad that I no longer in the business, not to say it wasnt fun while it lasted, just that its so opinion dominated and alot of the time its biased false opinions that seem to be the norm.

This Quote on the Braaap site is either old or incorect.

"Recently team braaap© finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the Victorian Motard Championships;"

i very sure citymotorbikes riders finish 1st in seniours and juniors at the VIC titles in March.

im not having a go at braaap at all. i think there doing a great job and wish them the best.

why dose the bike in the frame testing have vcx on all the grafix and its a ttr style plastics . if thats how there bikes turns out afta coming down with 40kg on it from 15 foot i dont want one definatly not for an 80 foot jump

that test doesnt really simulate the pressure put on a frame from jumping, but it would be more harsh on it.
i think just about any frame would bend and twist on a 15 foot vertical drop.
and remember ramps were designed for softer/easier landing.. flat landing is always hard on the bike

why dose the bike in the frame testing have vcx on all the grafix and its a ttr style plastics . if thats how there bikes turns out afta coming down with 40kg on it from 15 foot i dont want one definatly not for an 80 foot jump

It says this below the vid on the braaap site

This is the company we buy one of our frames from: note bags of cement attached to it, to imitate a person landing a jump

the bike has 100kgs worth of crap strapped to it... I reckon it's a fair effort.

most ramps are anything but smooth to land from on mini bikes id rather do a 15 foot drop then jump 80 foot on one of there bikes suspension

Stress testing usually involves repeatedly stressing the part you are testing, I wouldn't test a one off drop/stress for anything!

Perhaps this is their 3rd party test? :p

100kg still wouldnt trust that frame jumping over anything bigger then an 8 foot gap aspecial not an 80 foot gap seeing as you have more downtorce coming off an 80 foot ramp hit then you do off a 15 foot drop

yeah but your landing at an angle where the wheels and suspension take most of the hit...and wheels especially would take majority of the hit out of it just going by the rolling factor..
15 foot vertical would definitely bottom the shocks out, so obviously the next thing in line takes the impact and in tht video it was the wheels lol..
and because the wheels ended up the way they did i bet the frame copped very little impact

take a crf50 frame... whats the largest gap you seen a standard frame go with standardish suspension.
now take tht frame and drop it vertical from 15 ft... i bet it wouldnt look too good..
now use the same frame and good suspension.. the result would still look bad but not as bad

45 to flat ground with dead stock suspension and bar kit was the bigest i seen one go frame came out good but bent the forks and bars . ive landed my bike flat ground off 45 ramp gap and come up short to a dead stop over 60 b4 and never broken that much gear on my bike and ecah time it was coming it from more the 15 foot in the air and i pretty sure the forces of caseing 60 foot to dead stop is worse then just droping the bike 15 foot . 15 foot is not that high of a drop

Dreadful, I think that the claims are a little over the top, but I also think that you are starting to attack what seems like a young guy trying to make a difference.

I tried having a go at starting a minibike business, the right way, giving customers a great product at a reasonable price but kept getting knocked back by comments like this, in the end I gave up. Give the guy a chance, Yes his bikes are expensive and yes he makes ridiculous comments but it seems like he is trying to do the right thing through these ride days and the like.

As I remember correctly, you used to push MSO in nearly every thread about a year ago, now I can't even find them on this site and they dont even appear on google.

Summing it all up, retail is always a difficult business to get into, and is dominated by how people view your product and service, however its more often the case where the "hip" product does well, which is governed by marketing hype and trends, take thumpstar for example, you bearly hear from them now dont you (yes i know they are terramotor), they took a step away from all the imitations and tried to give a new product but everyone jumped ship and seems like they arent around??? As a moderator, I think that you should try and be as neutral as possible when it comes to company branding and the like, I know that everyone has an opinion, however seeing that you being a moderator, your opinion has more of an impact on the rest of the forum, so you should be a little more careful of what you say.

I hope that all the business' do well in the future, as you need a few companies to ensure competitiveness and to keep the market fair, could you image what would happen if DHZ took over, the prices would go up for sure, just look at what has happened to pitster. In the end almost all the mini bike product is from the same factory, rebadged, remarketed and flogged off as the "new" great product.

Im kind of glad that I no longer in the business, not to say it wasnt fun while it lasted, just that its so opinion dominated and alot of the time its biased false opinions that seem to be the norm.

WELL SAID!

Since when does a MOD go to these lengths to bag a product?
I thought MODS were surposed to keep order, NOT create more BS. Like this site needs it....seriuosly!

I guess Dreadful has nothing else better to do in Jindy, like all the other stoners out there.

Brad is doing what other importers in the industry only dream of!

HE IS THE INDUSRTY!, even if he likes PINK and has a head like a horse WHO CARES!
He keeps promoting the Pitbike industry, not like some others importers who wont even sponsor races.........DHZ.......

Good on ya Brad, keep up the good work!

WELL SAID!

Since when does a MOD go to these lengths to bag a product?
I thought MODS were surposed to keep order, NOT create more BS. Like this site needs it....seriuosly!

I guess Dreadful has nothing else better to do in Jindy, like all the other stoners out there.

Brad is doing what other importers in the industry only dream of!

HE IS THE INDUSRTY!, even if he likes PINK and has a head like a horse WHO CARES!
He keeps promoting the Pitbike industry, not like some others importers who wont even sponsor races.........DHZ.......

Good on ya Brad, keep up the good work!

i think your mistaken there mate... im pretty sure Ken does more then you think

Latest posts

Back