Braaap bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny how brad is showing or telling all the known forum members this "metal testing cert" but yet its not on here..
he can show it to anyone he wants and for all we/you know they cert is a complete fail...hahahahha

come on brad put this to rest (well at least the metal testing)

oh and also i think woggy has a point... originally the testing was for the engines...

brad could post the results for the metal testing
and i would bet it would not change a thing everyone
would just say there fake

no matter what brad dose or say most here will
just find something eles to pick at him about

hahahah rach....

and like most ppl here, im still keen to see it..

and dj and rach you forget. there's more than one reason people are like they are regarding these bikes...

but if he posts the results then its one issue off the list which may be enough..

brad could post the results for the metal testing
and i would bet it would not change a thing everyone
would just say there fake

no matter what brad dose or say most here will
just find something eles to pick at him about

As a new member here, comments like this don't appear to be helpful. Having read this thread with interest and being a braaap owner myself, it is nice to see people challenging claims that still appear to have no validation.

No one at any stage during this thread has rejected something once it's been proven, and there is nothing wrong with asking for proof.

Rather than speculate what would happn when the results are posted up, wouldn't it be worth braaap just putting them on here? After all, braaap themselves have said that they will be posted.

As a new member here, comments like this don't appear to be helpful. Having read this thread with interest and being a braaap owner myself, it is nice to see people challenging claims that still appear to have no validation.

No one at any stage during this thread has rejected something once it's been proven, and there is nothing wrong with asking for proof.

Rather than speculate what would happn when the results are posted up, wouldn't it be worth braaap just putting them on here? After all, braaap themselves have said that they will be posted.

Couldn't agree more mate .... as for answers ?

Well wouldn't hold ya breath mate it seems like us (the biggest minirider base in Aus by 10x )....you his customers are not entitled to an answer either.

on a lighter note

Welcome to MR

Its been a long time between posts.

I hope to spend more time on here talking to you all.
Please remember you can always contact me on [email protected]

I agree with your comment “bioflex”

Anyone who comes into the store may view our metal testing reports,

Please check out my video Blog here, and also my text Blog here.

I eat, sleep and breathe superlite riding, My mission is to help build this sport into what it should be. The sport pumps in the USA and we need to work together to get Australia firing.

I suppose I have stayed out of this thread because I felt it started to go no where.
I judge my success on how happy braaap riders are. My job is to make sure this sport is moving forwards.
I know we are doing everything we can to build this sport. Through race tracks, Riding Complex’s, Coaching Events, VIP Days, Racing series. We have built 4 retail stores to support all this and we are always bringing main stream PR to our sport.

Thanks for believing in what we do.

Contact me on facebook. wwwfacebook.com/bradsmithbraaap
Or [email protected]

Metal Testing | braaap

YouTube - Metal Testing , braaap manufacturing process

brad

the thread started to go nowhere cause you have been dodging putting up the evidence.

and once again a post with nothing...

the thread started to go nowhere cause you have been dodging putting up the evidence.

and once again a post with nothing...

Cmon give the guy a break. You don't see anyone else even having metal testing done at all. At least he has tried to appease the masses whether people believe it or not.

And I'm all about building the sport which no one can deny Brapp is trying to do.

I hope you do come on a bit more often Brad. I'm sure some of your info would be very helpful to other Braap riders.

All that stuff is great . but common he could easily put it to rest posting the results or whatever it may be up ?

Rather then keep on beating around the bush and still talking up metal testing in everything he says .

maybe just drop the talk about this "metal testing" on your site in your posts etc... and forget it ever happened... and forget the results ....

either way i wouldn't care ...

Fine then ill post it up for you guys.

The following is a quote directly off the Braaap website.

This is one of the things I’m most proud of, I believe it is one of our biggest points of difference.

The way a bike is made affects everything.

As you know:

We Design the bikes here in Australia, we have a French Engineering Team and Quality Control Crew in China. The bikes are Pre Delivered and the Final Assembling Process is done here in Australia, the mechanics here fill the braaap’s with locktight and grease.

A more in depth run down is on this Video YouTube - Braaap.com.au

A major part of our Manufacturing process is the Metal Testing / Consistency Reporting

What is our METAL TESTING?

Basically we are making sure the materials we use are consistent, that they match up with the Quality we expect and that the material will hold up to the punishment the braaap bikes get put through.

The First Check we do is to make sure that the material we are using has the correct amount of each element.

For example: 6061-T651-CNC is a high Quality material we use.

This material is often found manufactured as aircraft parts etc

The below shows the threshold for each element.

Chemical composition

The alloy composition of 6061 is:

Silicon minimum 0.4%, maximum 0.8% by weight
Iron no minimum, maximum 0.7%
Copper minimum 0.15%, maximum 0.40%
Manganese no minimum, maximum 0.15%
Magnesium minimum 0.8%, maximum 1.2%
Chromium minimum 0.04%, maximum 0.35%
Zinc no minimum, maximum 0.25%
Titanium no minimum, maximum 0.15%
Other elements no more than 0.05% each, 0.15% total
Remainder Aluminum
We have a 3rd party company who do tests on different parts of the bike and send me a report. My Job is to check that our frames are within the threshold.

We also do a test to check the amount of material used for certain parts, let’s use the frame as an example.

The 2 tubes (Twin Spar) on the maestro are a checking point for us. We test the thickness of the tubes to make sure that they are heavy duty enough.

So the 3 main parts that I keep an eye on (the engineers do more)

Whats used in our Material
The Thickness of our Material
The Heat treatment Process

Most people don’t need to understand this side of what we do because if you ask me the most important thing is that the braaap kicks ass on the track, Is a heap of fun, is reliable and that I can have the confidence to say that if there is a manufacturing fault with our product, we will back up our product and fix the problem (No Time Limit, No Expiry on that claim)

I need to be confident in braaap products to be able to say that.

My goal from day 1 has been to help build this sport.

Superlite racing is massive in the USA, my passion has everything to do with superlite riding and racing. I eat, live, breathe and sleep superlite riding.

For us to put everything on the line and spend every day building this sport we need a bike we can trust. That’s why we started building our own bikes.

We have done youth programs, , built riding complex’s, put on FMX shows, promoted race series, and we run VIP days; man we do whatever it takes to push this sport forwards.

I have built four stores in four years so there is a retail presence to support the sport. I am giving it my best shot.

I have done a Video Blog to show you some other info on the braaap metal testing.

Check it out here. YouTube - Metal Testing , braaap manufacturing process

Good on ya Brad.

P.S get the Motard seen up and running. dont worry about the dirt haha

Cmon give the guy a break. You don't see anyone else even having metal testing done at all. At least he has tried to appease the masses whether people believe it or not.

And I'm all about building the sport which no one can deny Brapp is trying to do.

I hope you do come on a bit more often Brad. I'm sure some of your info would be very helpful to other Braap riders.

its not about giving him a break or blowing wind up his a$$ MM.

its a simple prove it or it didnt happen situation..
he's got lets say 70% proof happening so wats stopping him providing the rest...

and also this has nothing to do with supporting the sport as im glad he is doing so.

but like woggy said, wouldnt it be easier and more rewarding to himself if he did prove his claims..

All that stuff is great . but common he could easily put it to rest posting the results or whatever it may be up ?

Rather then keep on beating around the bush and still talking up metal testing in everything he says .

maybe just drop the talk about this "metal testing" on your site in your posts etc... and forget it ever happened... and forget the results ....

either way i wouldn't care ...

yeah brads the one dragging this thread out..
he said the proof would be in here by ummm April was it?
what month are we now in...

yeah its more the case that he has these claims so if it was all removed then there would be nothing to talk about...

and im sure theres plenty of sideline braaap owners watching this thread in hope that he hasnt BS'ed them..

Fine then ill post it up for you guys.

The following is a quote directly off the Braaap website.

This is one of the things I’m most proud of, I believe it is one of our biggest points of difference.

The way a bike is made affects everything.

As you know:

We Design the bikes here in Australia, we have a French Engineering Team and Quality Control Crew in China. The bikes are Pre Delivered and the Final Assembling Process is done here in Australia, the mechanics here fill the braaap’s with locktight and grease.

A more in depth run down is on this Video YouTube - Braaap.com.au

A major part of our Manufacturing process is the Metal Testing / Consistency Reporting

What is our METAL TESTING?

Basically we are making sure the materials we use are consistent, that they match up with the Quality we expect and that the material will hold up to the punishment the braaap bikes get put through.

The First Check we do is to make sure that the material we are using has the correct amount of each element.

For example: 6061-T651-CNC is a high Quality material we use.

This material is often found manufactured as aircraft parts etc

The below shows the threshold for each element.

Chemical composition

The alloy composition of 6061 is:

Silicon minimum 0.4%, maximum 0.8% by weight
Iron no minimum, maximum 0.7%
Copper minimum 0.15%, maximum 0.40%
Manganese no minimum, maximum 0.15%
Magnesium minimum 0.8%, maximum 1.2%
Chromium minimum 0.04%, maximum 0.35%
Zinc no minimum, maximum 0.25%
Titanium no minimum, maximum 0.15%
Other elements no more than 0.05% each, 0.15% total
Remainder Aluminum
We have a 3rd party company who do tests on different parts of the bike and send me a report. My Job is to check that our frames are within the threshold.

We also do a test to check the amount of material used for certain parts, let’s use the frame as an example.

The 2 tubes (Twin Spar) on the maestro are a checking point for us. We test the thickness of the tubes to make sure that they are heavy duty enough.

So the 3 main parts that I keep an eye on (the engineers do more)

Whats used in our Material
The Thickness of our Material
The Heat treatment Process

Most people don’t need to understand this side of what we do because if you ask me the most important thing is that the braaap kicks ass on the track, Is a heap of fun, is reliable and that I can have the confidence to say that if there is a manufacturing fault with our product, we will back up our product and fix the problem (No Time Limit, No Expiry on that claim)

I need to be confident in braaap products to be able to say that.

My goal from day 1 has been to help build this sport.

Superlite racing is massive in the USA, my passion has everything to do with superlite riding and racing. I eat, live, breathe and sleep superlite riding.

For us to put everything on the line and spend every day building this sport we need a bike we can trust. That’s why we started building our own bikes.

We have done youth programs, , built riding complex’s, put on FMX shows, promoted race series, and we run VIP days; man we do whatever it takes to push this sport forwards.

I have built four stores in four years so there is a retail presence to support the sport. I am giving it my best shot.

I have done a Video Blog to show you some other info on the braaap metal testing.

Check it out here. YouTube - Metal Testing , braaap manufacturing process

Good on ya Brad.

P.S get the Motard seen up and running. dont worry about the dirt haha

And yeah i read all that, but it still says nothing about his actual report..
unless im reading it wrong he's simply stating the content of 6061 alloy

And yeah i read all that, but it still says nothing about his actual report..
unless im reading it wrong he's simply stating the content of 6061 alloy

Its called trade secrets and Itellectual Property.....
I certaintly would not be puplicly handing out the chemical composition of my products and test results.

For me, sailing and the constuction of boats. My boat is made from 125g 5000k pre preg unidirectional carbon that is autoclaved. I'm happy with that... but what I'd love to know is the how many layers, what temp and pressure the autoclave is at and what temp the secondary heat treatment is held at and for how long. Never ever am I going to get that information on paper or over the phone. By handing it over it gives me all the knowledge to go out and build one myself without the RnD. But what I do know is that there is a 2 year warranty and assurance that quality checks are in place.

People need to acept that fact that braaap frames are made and produced using 6061 alloy and there is test done to maintain that consistency the same way Jap cars and bike are produced.

IF you are so interested in finding out wall thickness, heat treatment temps and durations, go and buy a frame and reverse engineer it and post the results. That can't be stopped.

Or try and get the same info out of Kawasaki for thier 450f frame or maybe the chassie of a porsche carrera 911, that you are trying to get out of Brad. I'm sure that the info wont come from that factory, but from someone that has either reverse engineered it or stolen the design and build specs that only manufacturers get to maintain quality and cosistency.

Its called trade secrets and Itellectual Property.....
I certaintly would not be puplicly handing out the chemical composition of my products and test results.

For me, sailing and the constuction of boats. My boat is made from 125g 5000k pre preg unidirectional carbon that is autoclaved. I'm happy with that... but what I'd love to know is the how many layers, what temp and pressure the autoclave is at and what temp the secondary heat treatment is held at and for how long. Never ever am I going to get that information on paper or over the phone. By handing it over it gives me all the knowledge to go out and build one myself without the RnD. But what I do know is that there is a 2 year warranty and assurance that quality checks are in place.

People need to acept that fact that braaap frames are made and produced using 6061 alloy and there is test done to maintain that consistency the same way Jap cars and bike are produced.

IF you are so interested in finding out wall thickness, heat treatment temps and durations, go and buy a frame and reverse engineer it and post the results. That can't be stopped.

Or try and get the same info out of Kawasaki for thier 450f frame or maybe the chassie of a porsche carrera 911, that you are trying to get out of Brad. I'm sure that the info wont come from that factory, but from someone that has either reverse engineered it or stolen the design and build specs that only manufacturers get to maintain quality and cosistency.

That is a very good point!!! :action-smiley-033:

it is a good point, but as its already been posted in here brad has shown these results to certain people already..
why not everyone... who knows.. and more importantly why not people that doubt it?

braaap

Barnesd09 thanks for those points, appreciate it.

I agree.
My job is to make sure our bikes are reliable and make sure our riders are loving it.

brad

i could be wrong here

BUT

i could of sworn i have seen braaap frames for sale on certain chinese based pitbike manufacturing websites

Latest posts

Back