Brand New Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks heaps for the reply mate! Much appreciated, if I do a full rebuild of the carby and the problem is still not fixed I might just take it to a bike mechanic

I live in Sydney, how much approx. would it cost to get a bike mechanic to look at/fix my bike?

Not too sure man, where abouts in Sydney are you? I've never had to take my bike to a mechanic before, just ring around and get some prices before you take it anywhere. Just be careful, there is a place near my house that charges top dollar and has a lawn mower mechanic along with a bunch of 12-16 year old kids working on your bike :S

I don't know if you've pulled apart a carby yet or not but it's pretty simple, just take your time and take some pics as you're pulling it apart so you can work out where things go when you put it back together.
It's pretty simple so just take your time.
Also go to supercheap auto and get a can of carby cleaner, it's usually in the same isle as the oils etc.
Use this when you clean the carby. I can't imagine your jets being blocked if it's brand new but just make sure you can see light through each of the jets.
With the carby cleaner just spray it through any hole you can see, let it soak and then do it a couple more times.

I think doing what Nick said should get you running though :)

Lastly I think leaving fuel in the carby when you let the bike sit for a while is what causes gunk to build up, so next time you get it running turn the fuel tap off when you're heading back to the car to try and use up the fuel left in the carby :)

Let us know how you go!

I live in the campbelltown/Camden area.

And yeah I'll have to buy some of that carby cleaner, I've taken my old carby apart and can't imagine this one being much different, it must be the pilot jet blocked (if that is the problem) because I had the same problem before and after changing the main jet to a brand spanker.

I will definitely post my results mate!

I live in the campbelltown/Camden area.

And yeah I'll have to buy some of that carby cleaner, I've taken my old carby apart and can't imagine this one being much different, it must be the pilot jet blocked (if that is the problem) because I had the same problem before and after changing the main jet to a brand spanker.

I will definitely post my results mate!

Also get yourself a fuel filter I've got a clear one on mine so i can visually see the fuel its only been on a few weeks and im shocked to see how many tiny plastic shavings are already in it !

If you were close by id would of been happy to help u out mate but im in wollongong

To be honest I've actually got a fuel filter (red Cnc one) but haven't put it on yet, was going to out it on after all this carby drama was over, but yeah I'll put it on ASAP.

Oh yeah but of a drive from the gong, nice down there though!

To be honest I've actually got a fuel filter (red Cnc one) but haven't put it on yet, was going to out it on after all this carby drama was over, but yeah I'll put it on ASAP.

Oh yeah but of a drive from the gong, nice down there though!

How did u go champ ?? get her running right yet ??

Not yet man, I've posted a problem in another thread which still persists, I can get to the main jet through the plug at the bottom of the carby but I can't get the float bowl screws out to get access to the pilot jet (which is the one I'm thinking has the problem)

My problem is that when dhz sent me the carby the screws holding the float bowl on are unbelievably tight and I can't get them off, have tried everything I can think of and has pretty much stripped the screws and now am pretty confused on what to do lol.

But yeah the bike is still stalling after taking the. Choke off, I have cleaned the rest of the carby and have checked for air leaks so my last option was to clean the jets, but obviously cannot check the pilot one

:S

Not yet man, I've posted a problem in another thread which still persists, I can get to the main jet through the plug at the bottom of the carby but I can't get the float bowl screws out to get access to the pilot jet (which is the one I'm thinking has the problem)

My problem is that when dhz sent me the carby the screws holding the float bowl on are unbelievably tight and I can't get them off, have tried everything I can think of and has pretty much stripped the screws and now am pretty confused on what to do lol.

But yeah the bike is still stalling after taking the. Choke off, I have cleaned the rest of the carby and have checked for air leaks so my last option was to clean the jets, but obviously cannot check the pilot one

:S

Sounds like a blocked pilot .... I had the same problem with 2 screws inside the carb bowl that screw the jet main body to the carb... basically had to drill the heads off with a sharp drill bit the same size as the head then use small pliers to undo the screws and replaced them with high quality ones .

If worse comes to worse either send the carby back to ken and have them look at it or if your willing to post it to me i can fix the screws and replace with new ones , plus rebuild and test it on one of my two 160's and see what the problem is .....

First ring dhz there really good people and will most likley sort it out ....

But like i said if that doesnt happen ill help you out bud .

Yeah mate thanks so much for all your help!!! I thought it would be the pilot too, just sucks that it's the only thing I can't get to at the moment haha, yeah I will try and see how I can maby post it down to you, I'll pay you for your troubles, and also how much do you reckon the postage would be down to you?

Yeah mate thanks so much for all your help!!! I thought it would be the pilot too, just sucks that it's the only thing I can't get to at the moment haha, yeah I will try and see how I can maby post it down to you, I'll pay you for your troubles, and also how much do you reckon the postage would be down to you?

You dont have to pay me mate its fine i dont think postage would be more than $5

sorry for the late reply ive been working flat out .

If you cant sort it let me know ill pm you my details and get it to me and ill have a look at it for ya no probs

No worries man, I'll probably pm you early next week and try and send it sometime next week! Thanks again mate

DO NOT LIGHT PETROL ON FIRE!!![/QUOTE

Why not??? What could possibly go wrong?
DSC09057.JPG

DO NOT LIGHT PETROL ON FIRE!!!
...Are you serious?

Firstly - Everyone is well aware that petrol is a great source of ignition
Secondly - Dipping the tip of a spark plug in petrol and lighting it creates a flame about the size of my thumb nail, no bigger than a cigarette lighter. Is that really too much for you to handle??

Sorry guys i mis understood what i read, and i have had a bad experience with petrol, Bike Caught on fire, had trackies on so they went up in flames too ,

Latest posts

Back