Brendo's 140 Build (heaps of pictures)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the links Craig, but couldn't get anyone to touch it because elka won't let out the specs on the thing and the warranty thing wasn't an option as I got it second hand.
Anyways a few hours spent this arvo on it and I think I've got it sorted, I managed to get it open and change all the oil and bleed the air out of it, replaced all the o-rings on the compression cylinder.
I had to remove the bladder and pump the oil back into the shock shaft through the reservoir and then bleed back through the compression shaft.
Reinstalled the bladder and pumped it up with 100psi and it seems to of worked, no leaks and the rebound and compression is back so I think I've had a win.
All I have to do now is to find out the actual psi level for the bladder and then find someone that will fill it with nitrogen which is one of the main reasons no one wanted to touch it.
This all sounds like mumbo jumbo but was quite a interesting thing to have it all apart and see how it works.
Ill throw it back in the bike and see how it goes, and if I can't get someone to fill it with nitrogen ill have to just keep replacing the air pressure in the bladder I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
most better motorbike shops will refill the Nitrogen, it's cheap to fill them

do you know anyone that does Purge welding, they'll have Nitrogen
a tyre place should even be able to refill it for you
it's just a matter of knowing how many PSI ?

i see the Elka mountainbike shocks run 150 psi

just saw a video on youtube ,
most Elka motorcycle shocks run somewhere between 175 psi to 200 psi

Yeah I've been looking around and have seen 150psi come up a couple of times, it says on the reservoir to not exceed 200psi so reckon I might go for the 150/170 mark. Ill test it out with air tomorrow and see how it goes.
There is a couple of tyre shops that do nitrogen and one moto shop, but the moto shop is full of ****tards so will give them a miss until last resort.
I hope it all works out but can't really tell until its on the bike, ill let you know how I go.
Thanks again for your help mate its much appreciated.

Got the second pro circuit can today and will get it all fitted up by this weekend hopefully, I've also got a new seat cover coming from Mario at topline uphosltery and you all know me I've got a new kit going on too.
Will keep ya's all posted...

Sneak peek for ya's.......
yju8ejyv.jpg

Holy lord Jesus Christ my oh my that's freakin sick bud :)

Sent from my HTC One M7

Wow, very nice brendo. This build is really going sik lol. Guess you want this thread name changed eh lol.

Last edited:
Haha cheers guys, I haven't actually kicked it over yet, to see how it sounds.
I'm so happy how its turned out, I've got the left hand plate sorted all I've done is changed up the lower mount and flared it a bit with a heat gun.
Ended up getting it bent up out of one piece of inch and a half and running it with minimal bends and welded the cans on so no leaks and it feels like a really strong system.
I'm taking it all apart today to finish of the mounts, re-spray the subframe white and heat wrap the pipe. I will get some more pics up for ya's.
Oh and no name change yet Mick haha, well not until I get another 160 to throw in it then ill hit you up.

Subframe mounts have been moved, welds cleaned up and painted white.
eha5ugyt.jpg

Elka rear shock is all fixed, nitrogen filled and re-installed.
aru6y6ed.jpg

You always build the nicest bikes bro I'm gonna be in touch soon to see if I can get you mate down south to do the new pipe on the lxr

Sent from my HTC One M7

Hey Brendo I love it how you are getting your toys sorted before the little one comes along bro. I love the fact she's still running a 140 and race CDI, always bring a smile to my face.

And nick don't you mean US when you mention brilliant and beautiful builds, you and Brendo maybe twins separated at birth I reckon lol.

**** hot build ma boi;)

Hey Brendo I love it how you are getting your toys sorted before the little one comes along bro. I love the fact she's still running a 140 and race CDI, always bring a smile to my face.

And nick don't you mean US when you mention brilliant and beautiful builds, you and Brendo maybe twins separated at birth I reckon lol.

**** hot build ma boi;)

Yeah Mick not wrong ay ! everything he does on his bikes is exactly everything i like right down to the last details we defiantly have very similar taste in our bikes and ridiculous amounts of attention to detail and super clean ... I bloody love the carbon fibre pc pipe id honesty rather the pc with the carbon fibre tip over the rs2 i want it !

I could say the same about your bikes Nick always impressed with what you do, and would kill for that lxr mate.
Yeah just let me know if I can help with the pipe setup.
Cheers Mick and yeah I kind of like the 140 in a strange way but a part if me wants it to go bang also so I can't justify getting a new 160 dong for it.
Also don't know how to say it but we had a turn for the worst mate and we had a miscarriage about a month ago.
We were devastated but are all good now, what will be will be we still have a lot of time and the good thing is we can start practicing again. I suppose all you can do is look on the bright side hey.

Aww bloody hell mate so sorry to hear the bad news im lost for words if you ever need to talk mate im here for ya I had a lot of problems with my young fella when he was born he died at birth and was revived and lived on life support for a while and suffered brain damage from the complications as well life can be cruel but like you said it is what is mate look to the future

Sent from my HTC One M7

Damn man I'm completely lost for words I really don't no what to say.
Life can serve you up some **** cards sometimes it all depends on how you play the hand you were dealt and there's always someone that has the harder one.
I'm so sorry to hear what you had to go through mate, I've got a mate that went threw a similar thing with twins and they lost one the other little fella is still on and off oxygen for 8 hours a day.

Latest posts

Back