Building a new engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakey

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Ladies

As you might no a brought a 09 Pit Pro 125cc RR after i have changed how it look's i am going to put a bigger engine in it soon.

Alot of my mates have 140's and are happy but i was looking at putting either a 140cc, 150cc or a 160cc but i am not sure i will be modding it straight away witch engine would be a the best to mod and make go alot faster.

I was thinking of putting a big bore kit on it, decent exhaust, uni filter, stroking it, port and polishing,
What should i do to the engine to make it hammer?

Thanks alot guys im just trying to get a good price on how much everything is going to cost :)

Thanks again.

Would have been cheaper to just buy the 140 pitpro in the first place rather than putting one in now.

Agreed ^^^^ ..... When you put a bigger motor in , the frame geometry has to be able to handle the extra power and get it to the ground .... The general rule is ... the higher the power ... the longer the bike needs to be ... One of the best mods to do to any bike is to fit a longer swingarm ...

Yeah its only a idea atm can someone point me in the direction of some good website that can sell what i am looking for if i put a bigger engine in ill just see hoe the swing arm goes.

Agreed ^^^^ ..... When you put a bigger motor in , the frame geometry has to be able to handle the extra power and get it to the ground .... The general rule is ... the higher the power ... the longer the bike needs to be ... One of the best mods to do to any bike is to fit a longer swingarm ...

errrmmmm ok....

longer bike would mean harder monos?
that would take the fun out of it.

Yeah true that i like my monos haha
any sites anyone?

it's actually easier to balance a "long" bike rather than a "short" bike, a bike with short wheelbase will be easy to get up but very sensetive to throttle input when you try to 12'o clock it, a longer wheelbase will take more power to get up, but will be more forgiving to throttle input.

my view anyway...

Hey Guys/Ladies

As you might no a brought a 09 Pit Pro 125cc RR after i have changed how it look's i am going to put a bigger engine in it soon.

Alot of my mates have 140's and are happy but i was looking at putting either a 140cc, 150cc or a 160cc but i am not sure i will be modding it straight away witch engine would be a the best to mod and make go alot faster.

I was thinking of putting a big bore kit on it, decent exhaust, uni filter, stroking it, port and polishing,
What should i do to the engine to make it hammer?

Thanks alot guys im just trying to get a good price on how much everything is going to cost :)

Thanks again.

You didnt know what oil to put in it a few days ago?
Sure you want to go through with this , engine building is an artform. a very skilled one at that , you really what some experience under your belt before you endvour into this. But none the less everyone starts somewhere so it will be a good learning curve.

it's actually easier to balance a "long" bike rather than a "short" bike, a bike with short wheelbase will be easy to get up but very sensetive to throttle input when you try to 12'o clock it, a longer wheelbase will take more power to get up, but will be more forgiving to throttle input.

my view anyway...

Well said and very true

You didnt know what oil to put in it a few days ago?
Sure you want to go through with this , engine building is an artform. a very skilled one at that , you really what some experience under your belt before you endvour into this. But none the less everyone starts somewhere so it will be a good learning curve.

I agree and thats why I get others to do any major mods coz im more of a rider than a mechanic and dont care too much for the mechanical side of things if I dont have to. Dont get me wrong coz I can and have done alot of work on various bikes but I just prefer to let the experts do what they do best :p

Yeah ill just gather the parts and send it to the shop :)
agreed

Latest posts

Back