Cash's Crf50 Project Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cash.

Reaction score
I have been working in my workshop Building my crf50.

Mods currently installed.
Takegawa 88cc big bore kit
TB Race Head
Kitaco HD Clutch
Kitaco High Volume Oil Pump
Polish side covers and top side of engine.
Fast50 Black Billet shift leaver

Ordered from Fasterminis
Marzocchi Shiver 35mm
Fox Float
Sano Swingarm +4 *Silver
Billitware Frame
Sano Throttle *Red
Sano Skid plate *Red
Sano Dress up kit *Red
Red Baron Hub/ Rear hand brake kit
Red Baron 10" rim
Red Baron Aluminum Rear Sprocket
Pro Circuit T4 Exhaust
BBR Cam Cover Black
Red Baron Billet Foot Pegs *Silver

My order hasn't been sent yet, waiting for billitware frame to arrive in stock

A Few Pictures of Progress.

Motor striped down
IMG_0117.jpg

Kitaco H/V oil pump
IMG_0116.jpg

Yep my work shop and motor rebuilt
DSC01014.jpg

Today i tested the engine after strapping it to a milk crate. Sounds mean cant wait for my Pro Circuit Pipe
IMG_0129.jpg

Worked on third kick.

was very happy after all i combined Takegawa and TB engine parts and Takegawa actually told me i couldn't do it.
TB said it would work though.

QUESTION TO TAKEGAWA:
Hi, i bought a new takegawa big bore kit 88cc s stage on and
wanted to upgrade my head to a race head but your catalog says Note "Cannot
be used with any other head then a stoke head"
is this true i can not upgrade my Head to a race head?
ANSWER:
Hi
These parts can indeed only be used with a stock head, for a complete set you would need a racing engine or a kit with the head included...

QUESTION TO TB:
I was wondering if i bought this race head that comes with the piston
to suit 52 mm bore would it suit my takegawa S Stage 88cc (52mm bore) big bore kit?
hope to buy this from your company soon.
ANSWER:
Yes, it would work perfectly. However, I would recommend a hone on your cylinder before putting in a new piston.
Thank you,

Ill update when my parts get here and the real build starts.

Last edited:
I think they meant the RH couldn't be used with the 88 limi piston because the reliefs would be to small

And TB said with a different 52mm piston to suit the RH it would work .

So they would both be right.

Looks like a good build

Nice choice of parts to

Nice start to your Build!

This should turn out real nice!

Definitely keep us Updated...that Polished Ignition Cover is MINT! Good Stuff

Unfotunatly I am still waiting for my billetware frame.
It's been almost five weeks still not in the factory yet,
so because of this delay it's holding up all my parts from fasterminis. I hope it arrives soon. I am looking forward to finishing my build.
Look forward to updating and posting pic of my build.

how much you pay for your billetware frame cos oz50s had them in stock at the time i got mine

Last edited:
man your a douche ... the as-01's will kill stock forks no matter whats done, and 2000x better then the red barons i rode and a shit load cheaper ... and there a hell of alot better then as-02's....

Pretty much all the fork you will ever need on a minibike , change the oil and setup for you weight they would be insane!

The shocks arnt that great , but for the price of them there bloody good

Seriously over your china bashing shit .... as soon as anything is Chinese your automatically think its a piece of shit...

your a piece of shit

man your a douche ... the as-01's will kill stock forks no matter whats done, and 2000x better then the red barons i rode and a shit load cheaper ... and there a hell of alot better then as-02's....

Pretty much all the fork you will ever need on a minibike , change the oil and setup for you weight they would be insane!

Seriously over your china bashing shit .... as soon as anything is Chinese your automatically think its a piece of shit...

your a piece of shit

ditto.... :grinning-smiley-003:flipa:

nice work! looks trick, was the 88 kit and the oild pump hard to fit? im looking at changing my stocker to 88 limited in the next few weeks.

nice work! looks trick, was the 88 kit and the oild pump hard to fit? im looking at changing my stocker to 88 limited in the next few weeks.

88cc bore:
Honestly it was very easy normally this instructions are easy to follow, when in doubt i looked at these videos
YouTube - Honda TB 88 with RH Installation Part 1
YouTube - Honda TB 88 with RH Installation Part 2

Oil Pump:
what instructions i didnt even look at any. J
ust remember the 2mm drill bit for for pump hole and try to save the gasket.

In case you are going to do the race head you just need Feeler Gauges to set valves other wise its pretty easy too.

88cc bore:
Honestly it was very easy normally this instructions are easy to follow, when in doubt i looked at these videos
YouTube - Honda TB 88 with RH Installation Part 1
YouTube - Honda TB 88 with RH Installation Part 2

Oil Pump:
what instructions i didnt even look at any. J
ust remember the 2mm drill bit for for pump hole and try to save the gasket.

In case you are going to do the race head you just need Feeler Gauges to set valves other wise its pretty easy too.

yeh hopefully shouldn't have any problems lol thanks for your help hope the bike turns out how you want it to

you might need an impact driver or rattle gun for the clutch it was heaps hard to get off mine

how much you pay for your billetware frame cos oz50s had them in stock at the time i got mine

I think it was 379US fasterminis 30min special +postage but I bought heaps from them.

To bad 50 is no longer, I would have preferred paying more to not wait. it's the only thing holding up all the parts getting sent.

you might need an impact driver or rattle gun for the clutch it was heaps hard to get off mine

Yes a impact driver is best sorry I forgot to mention that. Even with the impact drive it's easy to round the screw heads with all the oil on them so watch that.

to OP, nice build mate, love the shiny bits :grinning-smiley-003

nice build mate! but why use fastace suspension? lol sooo bad.

your a piece of shit

bahaha owned

Parts update.

Ordered from Fasterminis

I do like fast ace and they would have been great forks the as-01's but everything else is PIMP so i now have
Marzocchi Shiver 35mm
Fox Float
Sano Swingarm +4 *Silver
Billetware Frame
Sano Throttle *Red
Sano Skid plate *Red
Sano Dress up kit *Red
Red Baron Hub/ Rear hand brake kit
Red Baron 10" rim
Red Baron Aluminum Rear Sprocket
Pro Circuit T4 Exhaust
BBR Cam Cover Black
Red Baron Billet Foot Pegs *Silver

Bret said he would start posting stuff as the frame should be in the W/H in a week
should i push for a cheap shipping on my Billetware Frame because i have been waiting since may 27th.
The thing is he has been holding all my parts (ordered at different times because my frames not in yet)

Last edited:
is dude on planetminis that has been waiting 2-3 mths for a billetware frame , hope yours dosnt take that long, sounds like this is going to be a nice build:)

Latest posts

Back