Cause of bent axle?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
What causes a bent axle? Was doin 6ft+ jumps but usealy it handles them no worries.. Berings are getting chewed up and spit out every ride.. Could a bad bearing or loose bearing cause it to bend? Is a 15mm axle and my brother was hitting the same with a 12mm axle witch is fine still

the spacer in side the might be missing. this spacer looks like a pipe in between the inner race of the hub bearings.

I cut that down a bit ecause it was to long and tapingte one bearing in made the other sides bearing start to come out, it's in there, but could it be to short now?

Like what ? Having loose bearings? The hub is new, not buying another for the same thing to happen then have t fix that one, rather just fix this one. Any ideas n why all the bearings I'm putting in just fall to bits ? Is it the over tightening?

Trying to work out stuff like this would be a lot easier if you post a picture of the hub and wheel

if the bearing is tight press to the hub the hub is still ok. if it is loose the hub is not good anymore you need to replace this. with out the bearing in the hub,measure the distance where the bearing sits in the hub and that will be the size of the spacer between the bearings.

the only way it will bend is if it is loose in the hub, and the main axle bolt/nut isn't tight.

it takes quite a bit of force to bend a 15mm bolt !

I cut that down a bit ecause it was to long and tapingte one bearing in made the other sides bearing start to come out, it's in there, but could it be to short now?

If it's too short all the force from tightening up the axel will be on the bearing pushing in. Bearings do not take that load and will come apart, they handle vertical but not much horizontal force.
If you buy a wheel bearing kit from ktm, it comes with a new inside sleeve as it is that important.

Latest posts

Back