chain broke my stator

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reyan127

Reaction score
I bought a lifan 119 for my yx127cf and i did not completely tighten the chain it came off the back sproket and heard a loud clack clack clack clack and the engine shut off i opened the left side of the engine and find the stator piece on the outside of the magneto broken do you think i have any need to open the case up?

Possibly yes & definitely need to open your wallet too by the sounds of it, Your crank may be stuffed? Need to get a pic?

hopefully its just the pickup thats broken, get a new stator and whack it in and kick her over and see how it goes before going further i reckon, touch wood all is okay

if the crank is (stuffed) how would i know the gears still shift i was only doin about 15 mph i checked to see if the transmission was ok i whent through all the gears and slowly moved the kick start on each gear is seems ok im gonna order the stator today does n e 1 have any experience with the inner rotor kit

Last edited:
i put the stator on now i hve a very weak spark what can be the problem

Latest posts

Back