chasing engine parts/engine 86 dt200. is it worth rebuilding??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty_77

Reaction score
Chasing an engine for a dt200 86. I got given the bike. He said it runs but on closer inspection it looks like its kicked back at someestage and broke the clutch case and case. The engines got the power valve system on it. Its all there apart rear plastic covers. Is it wort building or getting an engine for it? Or are they not really that great of bike? Also its a 2 stroke watercooled

there a road trail bike, they weren't too bad of bike as far as DT's went..

show us a pic of the cracks, they may be able to be welded..

Its not only cracked it has a chuck missing out of the top of the case which isn't the greatest sign. When i first got the bike i thouget it was an early yz as it had not lghts speed tacho or anything. But it has a spot for the the tacho cable to go in the side case. Ive got an 83 Kdx 250 and its a real killer of a bike. Is the it's on the same path?

how much is missing and is it a vital chunk!? :/ check ebay dude, am sure you will find something.. more than likely from the states of the land of the rising sun...
Throw up a picture, if its minimal/cosmetic, you may be able to glue/chemiweld it back with Q-bond...JB weld!?

for reference sake
(if you dont get a photo up)
Yamaha%20DT200R%2085%20%201.jpg

fwiw a mate of mine had a DT250, twin shocker rear, and it wasnt anything super fantastic.. I guess back in their day they woulda been ok, but think more Agricultural use, chook chaser seriously comes to mind mentioning DT...AG... ER...later models XR..

edit:

some help:
http://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/6436-1986-dt200/
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684834

Last edited:
Yeah thanks mate, Actually found out the its really a 84 and have which been told its rare. At the moment it looks like its a motorcross bike (no lights, Mirrors etc) Thinking of getting another dt and making one out of 2.

Ill Post some tomorrow for you! Also jb weld has worked wonders for me in the past

I totally forgot, Ill post some pictures of the 84 and my 89 I bought yesterday

Latest posts

Back