China hi rev cdi (the Blue colour one's)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah they are the same unless you have an IRK

hey unit mx, off topic but can you link me to where your green and white plastics are from? Is it 1 kit or 2 mixed together?

thanks

there a combination of 2 plastic kits:
1 being the white shrouds that I gt off mso
2 being the green which a genuine red barron plastics

Thanks for your intrest brother

Nice review i must say, but are one of these worth the price tag? As you said there is no difference in power gains but is there a difference in the traction, and would changing the gearing make more of a difference with this set up?

Must say u done an grate good at this review but i find the info an bit false,
Havin played around wif many difference performace part including this race cdi unit it dose not inprove the bike proformance as much as u said.
I haved put one on an timing light an the only difference to an stock cdi unit is that around 4-5000 revs it add 5 dergeas of timeing adavance in what dose allow to revs an higher adding little more power but no difference down low

corey the rev box depends on a few variables:
1) the set up you ride
2) the way you ride
3) your motor set up

I did not say it was some sort of miracle worker this mod in performance term rather a modification that is light on the wallet for enhancement of pre existing engine characteristics. I have done my fair share of modifications to all lifan motors ( black 125 with cast iron head ,grey 124 alum. head and 140 grey motor) and can pin point certain improvments to the motors with these modifications.This rev box reacts variably between set ups , I run a Keihin Pd24 (crf100 carb) with ported and polished intake and exhaust outlet in which could vary. This review is honest , no shit I found the engine had more mumbo in certain parts of the power curve. I also tested this box in a variety of terrains :
-Bmx style jumps ,tight trail jumps etc
-Minicross / natural mx track
-Open grass padocks
-Gravel slick roads
-Wet terrain
-Firetrails
-enduro single track
-Skateboard/bmx ramps and wallrides /playgrounds

just last week i swapped my standard box over due to being sheer bored and went for a slash around a 2 acre grass track and could definatley define the two boxes tried.

Not Doubting your experience or knowledge with these rev boxes but my experience with this rev box has provided me with further performance gains , not adding power but improving it. Thanks for your input though

hey, i was thinking about getting one of ebay but i wasnt sure if this will have the same plug and stuff in other words will this fit on a agb29?
cheers.

and also i forgot to ask there are like 5 different people selling them on ebay are the cdi's all the same

I just ordered one of these from ebay, so i hope they work well....

does anyone have 1 of the adjustable 1s? they have 4 little adjustable sliding switches from what i can tell from looking at them on ebay

umm i did hav a adjustable 1 but it aint do shite!!
seriously they make like no difference!!n if ur lucky the might just give u a cleaner spark.they hav tested them n ive talked to alot of ppl n they say "they cannot feel any differce wat so eva!!"
well i guess its just a peresonal choice soo hit us bak wat u think bout them!! cheers JAKE

If u get an I.R.K can u replace the cdi it comes with with a racing cdi like on ebay?

Also, is the cdi that comes with an I.R.K as good as the one on ebay?

Thanks

If u get an I.R.K can u replace the cdi it comes with with a racing cdi like on ebay?

Also, is the cdi that comes with an I.R.K as good as the one on ebay?

Thanks

No you cant replace the cdi that comes with the irk's , they are perfect for the irk's anyway.

You can only use the CDI which comes with them...and they are open as the ones from egay

I installed a hi rev cdi, and you can feel a little difference...Mainly just a little more throttle responsive...

Mine is still going alright
how did urs 'stop working' the engine stopped or what?
I can feel a boost changing some gears
mainly 1st to 2nd gear.

WARNING
DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE, I USED MINE NO MORE THAN 5 OR 6 TIMES AND THEN IT WOULDN'T START
I was really worried that i might need something done to the engine, after over like 70 kicks and then i decided to change over cdi to stock.....started first kick.

with all electrics it can be fualty or trip out. prob just didnt get a good anough grounding and blew.

i have one that has been in use now for 1.5 years, still going strong, maybe its the way they are installed or a bad batch?

Latest posts

Back