crf 50?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemo86

Reaction score
eyy guys...can sumone give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost to get a crf50 and do the common mods.....suspension, bars, 88 kit etc im also kinda plannin on trynna do sum freestyle on it

cheers guys

if you wanna hit some pretty big jumps youre gonna have to spend a fair bit, youll need one of the best frames, probs some mazzorocci forks, very good swinger and shock, also gotta have very good peg mounts so all up probs like 5000 -6000 mods only haha

best thing to do is look at secondhand crf50's and then go window shopping for parts...
your gonna want a frame too. altho the stocker seems to handle pretty well..

dont be surprised to see $3-$5 grand go thru yr hands unless you buy the second grade quality items..

best thing to do is to buy one already setup

damnn thats a fair bit of money for a mini lol...wld be awesome to have tho....i have a dhz 125 atm....if i upgraded a few things will that still handle the jumps no worries??

Yep building up one from DEAD STOCK will be pretty damb expensive!

As sean has said...buying a 2nd one with most of the Mods done is the Cheapest way to go...and then you can save your cash to fix it up to how you would like it to be.

You know you can still give Freestyle a decent go with a Stocker with just a Bar Kit, Rear Shock, +1 Inch Fork Kit, Pegs/Pegmount and if you want a Pipe...just like the Whip Industry guys and the Chilli 50 Crew ride!

Depends on what kind of set-up you would like though...a Stocker feel or a Mod.

Id be worried about jumping your DHZ if I were you...even upgrading a few things it will eventually break much sooner than a CRF50.

Up to you though in the end!

Last edited:
Yep building up one from DEAD STOCK will be pretty damb expensive!

As sean has said...buying a 2nd one with most of the Mods done is the Cheapest way to go...and then you can save your cash to fix it up to how you would like it to be.

You know you can still give Freestyle a decent go with a Stocker with just a Bar Kit, Rear Shock, +1 Inch Fork Kit, Pegs/Pegmount and if you want a Pipe...just like the Whip Industry guys and the Chilli 50 Crew ride!

Depends on what kind of set-up you would like though...a Stocker feel or a Mod.

Id be worried about jumping your DHZ if I were you...even upgrading a few things it will eventually break much sooner than a CRF50.

Up to you though in the end!

yehh not sure....a stocker would be good

depends how big you wanna go with the freestyle? just a small setup you could get away with just chucking better suspension and bars on

worried that id be too big for it tho....wat about a klx stocker??

Yep a Stocker KLXs are common in America and they would be Sweet for Freestyle! Just get some similar Mods as a Stocker CRF50 such as Bars, Shock, HD Springs, Pegs/Mount and you should be set!

How big do you want to go with Jumps etc?

i'll be startin off small then workin my way up as i get better...hopefully gettin some serious air :D

wat about drz-70? there arent many parts for those r there?

wat about drz-70? there arent many parts for those r there?

Na there are hardly ANY Parts for the DRZ70s...well NONE Ive seen of anyways.

If you want a JAP Mini hands down either go with a KLX110 OR CRF50...Ive owned BOTH, well I ride a Honda CRF88Lim now after selling my DEAD STOCK KLX110 and have to say they are both HEAPS FUN and easy to ride!

The KLX was easier to rip around on as its a Bigger Bike, 14/12" and to get jumping you hardly need any Mods.

Im yet to get fully comfortable with my CRF as I havent ridden it much at all haha but Im loving it! Though quite Bigger than a STOCK CRF50 as it has a +2 Frame, +2 Swinga, Shock, Zocchies etc it feels real comfortable!

If you CAN...have a little ride on BOTH Bikes and have a feel of which one you feel comfortable on...but either way no doubt you will love them both!

Sorry to rave on haha ;)

KLX110.. haven't ridden one so I can't really say much, but I would think they would be easier... closer to a full size bike..

Latest posts

Back