crf or x4r??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemo86

Reaction score
Hey guys

I need a bit of help trying to decide on my next bike...i cant decide whether to go for a crf50 n mod it...or an x4r....im willing to spend 3k-3500....wld i be able to build up a good crf50 for about 3k-3500 or shld i go for the x4r and save some dollars?? my main concern is making the crf comfortable for me to ride as im a smidge over 6ft.... the x4r would be fine for me straight outta the crate...i could go buy it tomorrow n start riding straight away

im gonna be using it on the track me and a mate r building and for sum jumps as we're building a ramp too

any advice would be appreciated

cheers

a modded crf50 will have nothing compared to an x4r or lxr or better yet the new revmx or new cini 175z, but if your picking a mid size then go for a linkage bike.
they jump and handle better

besides your comparing bikes like apples and oranges. completely different bikes and even in different race categories.

also 3500 wouldnt touch a crf50, youd only be half way there..

mate ive got a crf and a x4r and i reckon the x4r is a lot more fun on the track and ramps and the crf is more fun at sk8 parks and bmx trails but i race the x4r and its a blast you can go linkage if ya wan tbut i still preffer non linkage if i could get an x4r with crf style swinger on it id nevver get off it

your main difference between the two bikes is reliability so i would personally go for the crf50 mod because you will have it forever and all youll need to do is maybe get a new chain and sprockets once a year. The x4r is sort of being out dated aswell because of the new ttr style bikes like the lxr and revmx bike. And also im almost 6 foot and i ride a stock crf50 and i dont complain but everyones different

your main difference between the two bikes is reliability so i would personally go for the crf50 mod because you will have it forever and all youll need to do is maybe get a new chain and sprockets once a year. The x4r is sort of being out dated aswell because of the new ttr style bikes like the lxr and revmx bike. And also im almost 6 foot and i ride a stock crf50 and i dont complain but everyones different

yehh the thing that was pushin me more towards a crf is the reliability...but just the cost of modding it puts me off

mate my first china motor is still going and its 6 years old now just keep ontop of timiing and oil change and doo the rings once a year if you are racing mine got me through 5 race seasons done just as much as wat my crf did look afta anything and it will last ive broken every part of a crf including bending a conrod and blowing a gear box so they both can break

mate my first china motor is still going and its 6 years old now just keep ontop of timiing and oil change and doo the rings once a year if you are racing mine got me through 5 race seasons done just as much as wat my crf did look afta anything and it will last ive broken every part of a crf including bending a conrod and blowing a gear box so they both can break

thats true...i dont mind the revmx...only 2k aswell....wat r the zongshen engines like??

Go the crf, there heaps of fun. for 3500 you will get the basics mods done, and get it comfy to ride.

Yeah! For $3500 you could buy an Already Modded CRF50 with Quality Parts instead of starting from scratch.

But up to you in the end...there is a lot of difference between a Modded CRF50 and a Midsize in Size and Speed/Power etc. so it comes down to what suits you really.

get a crf if u have 3500! looked on ebay? theres heaps of full mods more that much $$

hmm build one i reckon lol because then you can get exactly what you want and its also fun to build it and its fun watching it get built .

hmm build one i reckon lol because then you can get exactly what you want and its also fun to build it and its fun watching it get built .

yeh i reckon it wld be good to build one....wat exactly have u done to urs??

just throwin out there...but at the shop they've got the motovert pro's on sale for 2350....are they worth it or not?

2 different bikes! If i had the all the money in the world id mod a crf! but i dont. if you want a crf to perform similar to the x4r then you are going to have to spend alot of money! If you like stockas get the crf! Its like saying what should i get a ford focus or a ford falcon it all depends on what u want it for!

2 different bikes! If i had the all the money in the world id mod a crf! but i dont. if you want a crf to perform similar to the x4r then you are going to have to spend alot of money! If you like stockas get the crf! Its like saying what should i get a ford focus or a ford falcon it all depends on what u want it for!

yehh i dont wanna spend alot of money....i wld definitley go crf if i was....i want it mainly for some freestyle( building a ramp atm) and riding the track that were goin to make soon

i wld need to get a better frame, swinga, bars, rear shock and front suspension to make a crf strong enuf for freestyle and chuck in a 88kit for more oomf....how much wld i be lookin at for that? and is there nething else i might have left out??

id probbly just build the crf up purely for freestyle n just keep my dhz125 for everything else...altho i was reading thump's review on the revmx and they pretty good value but i reckon a crf wld be way more fun n easier for freestyle

Last edited:
lol its not about how easy it is! i think the rev mx would be a better buy if you after performance! You'll spend min 4gs to have a crf freestyle bike and you'll have people on revmx's going faster an bigger!

lol its not about how easy it is! i think the rev mx would be a better buy if you after performance! You'll spend min 4gs to have a crf freestyle bike and you'll have people on revmx's going faster an bigger!

yeh true....i think im just gonna go for the revmx...hard to beat it for value lol

Latest posts

Back