CRF50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bit of an update put her all back together she rips but i have a bit of a problem about every 10 - 15 minutes ish when im riding it will backfire and when i pull the throttle it just bogs and dies and will not start unless you leave it for 10 minutes then it starts and goes fine until 10 15 minutes it does the same thing i have no idea what it is i have put the oil cooler on it thinking it was getting too hot changed the oil tried a different carbie same thing i have no idea what else it might be any suggestions ?

8c3e5fac00ab1d8362038275bccd5b0f.png

2322e96db4acca1af31a055f98afe2d0.png

f89b8a28c6dfa679b2437395c43dd7cb.png

b248072ce8d3d85f091fd85283ce4491.png

69225743435edbd5dc3413cdc56fcdf0.png

would any one know why at about 10/15 minutes it all of a sudden starts backfiring when you gear down then when you hold the throttle down it bogs and shuts off might be carbie or manifold has a leak but why only after 10/15 minutes any help/Suggestions Thanks ?? !!

It's leaning out mate for some reason.

You sure the 10/15 isn't a coincidence and something isn't bumping the carb causing an air leak or the filter to come off slightly?

Just ideas.

It's leaning out mate for some reason.

You sure the 10/15 isn't a coincidence and something isn't bumping the carb causing an air leak or the filter to come off slightly?

Just ideas.

thanks for the help i think the fuel tank is hitting the carb il put some more washers under the tank so it isant so close and il try her again :D

Yeah could be the cause bud. Worth a shot.

If not post back and we will help you diagnose it. :)

Yeah could be the cause bud. Worth a shot.

If not post back and we will help you diagnose it. :)

i got more washers from bunngings so it has like 2cm clearance from the carbie went for a ride did the same thing again had to push it home lol il try chuck on the other carbie and see if it does the same thing.

What's the engine temp like buddy?

it was getting extremely hot untill i put the oil cooler on and changed the oil i originally thought that was the problem that it was getting too hot.

just put on the Mikuni 26mm and Mikuni 30mm and same story run for about 10 minutes then when i went from 3 rd back to second it backfired and when i pulled throttle it made that noise when a bike bogs and it just died and wont start had to push it home again lol.

maybe this could be a spark plug problem ? or something in the engine isn't right or my 3 carbies are just ****.

Could it be an ignition problem? Maybe stator getting hot then crapping out

Maybe it has something to do with the fuel ? i am running premium 98 have always ran that in all my bikes never had trouble before.

Might be the stator or the Ignition coil.
When they warm up, if there's a fracture in one off the winding's they can go open circuit.
Do you have another ignition coil you can try on it ?

Latest posts

Back