crf70 style plastic for pit bike??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napolian_was

Reaction score
hi
do you know if ya can get crf70 style plastic for a pit bike of crf50?? just coz crf50 style plastic is so short and ya get mud up ya back ..........:confused:

thx

yeah you can mate, go onto ebay.com.au and type in thumpstar plastics then look through and try and find crf70 style plastics. Ive seen a set on there before! hope that helps

crf70 plastics will NOT fit on a crf50 style chassis. a crf70 rear guard may fit with modification..

They will not fit on your bike if its got crf50 plastics on it now!!!

yer you can .... but NO they wont fit on your crf50 style bike....
yes i know crf70 plastic will not fit a crf50 i was just looking for the style......coz they got longer guards :rolleyes:

thx everyone for the help i was talking to a dude on ebay and he sent me to this web site..... MotoX Spares :: CRF/XR50 Long Rear Guard P/Kit $42.50 i order some last night they dont look to bad

well that link i showed is a crf 50 style frame and it has crf70 pastics on it funnily enough there is a set of the crf70 plastics on that site there like the same as crf50 but longer

well that link i showed is a crf 50 style frame and it has crf70 pastics on it funnily enough there is a set of the crf70 plastics on that site there like the same as crf50 but longer

nop... that frame has different mounts built specificaly for crf70 plastics!

and the plastics he linked arnt crf70.

they look good should make the bike look alot better with the longer guards.

hi
do you know if ya can get crf70 style plastic for a pit bike of crf50?? just coz crf50 style plastic is so short and ya get mud up ya back ..........:confused:

thx

not only that very good purpose of plastics, I can't believe all the doods around the world, especially here in Oz, that don't realise how spastic a 12" x 14" wheeled bike is with 50 plastics. The problem started when some idiot decided to put larger wheels on a 50 and sell to the masses that don't know what a bike should look like or function like (actually keep some mud off). Sadly those masses are big in Australia. Apollo at least did matching plastics for their midsize. That plastic kit your looking at is agb I would guess. Now thank god the klx copys arrived and hopefully the 70 copy will be everywhere soon . Due to the demand in the states for those styles we may be saved.

Ha Ha Ha ... Mack never did like CRF50 plastics and I agree too ... the front guard is especially ridiculous ... At least the KLX front guard serves a decent purpose and so does the Apollo front guard ... the CRF50 "spastic fantastic plastic" front fender is idiotic on a mid sized bike Fo' Sho' ... The only problem with KlX plastics is that every prick and his dog has got 'em now ... so rather than looking like another milk bottle ... people are looking for something new and different ... The CRF type tank side covers have more style than the flat "Peters ice cream container lid" looking KLX tank covers ... LOL ...

would you go an put your 80 2 banger plastics on yer 250 to find a new look... haha I agree the crf plastics are better looking but all they had to do was the 70 plastics and seat/tank combo instead of the 50's to upgrade from a 10" bike. Its a simple case of ripping the consumer off for the sake of a simple redesign to build something with acceptable bike config. I mean even apollo factory (the cheapest of the cheap) had the brains not to skimp on basics like plastics. Would you run around in your baby brothers jocks? This is basic stuff here. Finally SDG has bought out a correctly proportioned midsize styled on the crf70 as interest in the crf70 grows in the states. The crf70 IMO is the most wicked bike when nicely built up. Something an adult can ride comfortable too.

Last edited:
too true fellas atlast someone agrees klx style plastics look like poo, i hate my midsize with 50 plastics so i'm going to convert to 70 style midsize very soon, i just invested in the new SSR150R 70 style frame for the conversion..

way to go. where did you get your hands on one? They are sposed to have fixed the rake problem with the billetware frames. I want one to look at and save me making my own frames.

i ended up scoring 1 through SSR in the states just sorting out shipping now, yeah they corrected the rake by 3 degrees i believe. cant wait for it to arrive i'll post pics when it does

i ended up scoring 1 through SSR in the states just sorting out shipping now, yeah they corrected the rake by 3 degrees i believe. cant wait for it to arrive i'll post pics when it does

Nice work!! cant wait to see that build , those frames look sik!
and they won the 12" class in vegas ;)

I have converted a few cromoly cradle frames for others to take the 70 plastics, seat and tank but they were not ideal for the job. I am wanting one of those ssr frames ASAP too.

Latest posts

Back