CT110 Performance Upgrades :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george.tansley

Reaction score
Hi i am new to miniriders
I have just purchased a honda ct110 (postie bike) and would like to make some modifications! I have done some research and have decided that i would like to buy a Lifan 150 engine.i Have a few questions
1. When buying the engine it comes with carb and intake, clutch and throttle cables, wiring harness and coil. Is there anythin else i need?

2. What exhaust matches this engine and will fit on the postie keeping in mind i want maximum performance and looks

3. How can I remove the centre stand?

4. Lastly any other ideas for a mad postie bike or other performance upgrades??

Thanks

g'day mate, google reveals a few matches for postie bike mods, but in general the route you are headed is what i would be doing to.

1. you may need to purchase a carb seperatly, get something half decent+ matching uni filter, it will have the basic 5 wires from the rect. i would imagine, from there you will need to either adapt it to your current loom, or replace it entirely. im going to GUESS its not going to come with a coil, again id upgrade this to something of higher than 'stock' quality.

2. If I were you id be looking more at a decent muffler and having the pipe made accordingly.. it will more than likely be more viable and give you more options as to what you want.. do you want it stockish or coming out under the bike like the dues TW has*?

3.it should be 4 14mm bolts under the frame.. they will more than likely go into the base of the engine casing and may be incorporated as part of the structure of the frame..(if its not and its just got rooted bolts-Angle Grinder ;) )

4. nope but people do ANYTHING to these and they seem to come back for more :)-including methanol!
ct1102.jpg

ct1101.jpg

ct1107.jpg

word of warning...a 150 wont fit.

no chinese engine will fit.... easily:(

unlees you feel like modding the mounts:) keeping the chain in line is the hardest part...

(wtf is that mono shock conversion, fools?)

centre stand pivot is part of the frame just behind the motor... if my memorys correct, the pivot is actually the brake pedal shaft, held in with a bolt n a split pin... couldnt be f&#*d going outside and digging behind the shed too check...:p about ten mins to pull off though...

and if you cant figure out how to remove it... have fun figuring out how to mod those engine mounts;)

Last edited:
What are their shipping charges like Snitch ? ... I've tried to buy Lifan cams off 'em but they wouldn't ship to AUS ...

hey i am thinking about getting a postie bike any 1 no about different tires you can put on ?

Postie bike performance

Hi George,
I have a ct110 which I use for commuting. I have done a few things to speed it up, but find good info hard to get. I am not considering major stuff like you are, as I think for the money and effort you may as well upgrade.
So far I have removed the intake boot which connects the luggage rack to the intake box and washed the air cleaner sock with solvent to remove any residual oil.
This improved airflow making rejetting from standard (0.75 I think) to 1.0mm main jet with the needle lifted one notch.
I fitted a 2 tooth larger front sprocket as well (they are way undergeared for the Post office)
The mods made it fast enough to ride in traffic with a top speed of 90.
I had starting problems with it since I bought it a couple of years ago, and recently found that it was dirt in the kill switch. It is a normally open switch, and the dirt harbours moisture, weakening the spark. Dismantling and cleaning the kill switch not only fixed the starting problem, but added a slight improvement to performance, praps due to stronger spark.
I am considering a Tighe cam and would love to hear if anyone has any cheap easy info on getting a bit more grunt from the little beast.
Cheers,
Dosto

have just bought a postie have seen many ideas changing engines but nothing about hotting up current engine. just want more power mid range dont care about power just want to have a reliable fun ride. can make small mods budjet rather low

Hi George,
I have a ct110 which I use for commuting. I have done a few things to speed it up, but find good info hard to get. I am not considering major stuff like you are, as I think for the money and effort you may as well upgrade.
So far I have removed the intake boot which connects the luggage rack to the intake box and washed the air cleaner sock with solvent to remove any residual oil.
This improved airflow making rejetting from standard (0.75 I think) to 1.0mm main jet with the needle lifted one notch.
I fitted a 2 tooth larger front sprocket as well (they are way undergeared for the Post office)
The mods made it fast enough to ride in traffic with a top speed of 90.
I had starting problems with it since I bought it a couple of years ago, and recently found that it was dirt in the kill switch. It is a normally open switch, and the dirt harbours moisture, weakening the spark. Dismantling and cleaning the kill switch not only fixed the starting problem, but added a slight improvement to performance, praps due to stronger spark.
I am considering a Tighe cam and would love to hear if anyone has any cheap easy info on getting a bit more grunt from the little beast.
Cheers,
Dosto

Dosto, could you message me more details on how you did your intake boot, sprocket and rejetting mods? I a bit of a newbie and would like to make some cheap mods to commute on my 110 without going WOT.

A little head work, mild cam, compression, the basic stuff all helps.

I'm just getting started on building a CT90 engine. Stroked ATC110 crank and bored 110 jug. 140cc. Stock valves are 27/23, mine aren't ;) Complete stealth, ATC125 carb, gutted stock pipe. Should outrun the conversion bikes, most of em any way.

Latest posts

Back