Daytona cdi

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
OK so i have installed a Daytona 150 trex into my atomik nitrous but can't get spark, I think it is the cdi. There are only three wires coming out of the cdi but the one in Daytona's manual has four. Can my current cdi be modified to have four wires coming out or does this mean a new cdi? There is a red wire coming from stator which has nothing to connect to in the cdi, hence why I need the extra wire.

The Daytona is completely different than the other China motors. It needs the big CDI like a Lifan 150.
The Daytona CDI is expensive but has a few timing options.

You need a Daytona 150 CDI box ... They look like a Lifan 150 CDI and are as big as a small cigarette packet ... They're not cheap !!!!!!!

http://tboltusa.com/store/daytona-150-oem-parts-daytona-150-magneto-parts-c-114_120_533_542.html

Daxdodo

Maybe you could get away with trying a cheaper Lifan 150 CDI !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lifan-15...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337a9c5b14

Or maybe you could try a Posh Super Battle CDI ??? ... Big50.com sell 'em so you'd have to contact 'em to ask if they'd be compatible with your Daytona stator ...

Big 50 Race and Retro Parts

Last edited:
I just got the wires coming out from the stator and thats all. Do you know of anywhere in sa the might sell these parts? Maybe show n go? Cause I know there pretty good there just not sure if they deal with china's.

also if the lifan one does work would a upgraded version also work, just so that I don't end up with the cheapest and nastiest stuff on the market.

East50's i think have them?
and Allbikes at lonsdale do to, they sell DHZ stuff too

all right got it all worked out. the 160ho fits according to dhz so went down to allbikez and grabbed myself one of those and put it on my bike. Started her up and **** it sounded good, haven't ridden it cause there is still a bit of work to be done but can't till it is. So thanks to all that helped me out.

Latest posts

Back